Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

"Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

-Jay Williams

https://twitter.com/BrettNBA/status/400292717994864641

Far right side. He's about 6'9" and 248 pounds. 6'11" wingspan. Projected #2.

Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

He's not quite the above the rim player like LeBron was. More times than not during high school games, he played below the rim.

Physically, though, he has about as NBA-ready a body as it gets for someone that age. I still think that's partly a negative. It can be like a father playing with his kids against some of these high school and college teams. It obviously won't be like that in the NBA. Although he does possess a surprising combination of power and quickness for his size. Definitely very good for any basketball player, just not quite LeBron. I mean Thomas Robinson was jacked, too.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

low ceiling on this kid

first real test will be today. he's dominated in the couple games kentucky have played so far against small local schools

he's a beast though. good ball handler for his size, amazing athlete, can shoot a little bit. he's really gonna make the #1 pick a hard decision for some team. he'll be able to contribute right away, while wiggins will probably need a year or two

5-time NBA All-Star

Physically isn't saying much. Athletically is the big deal. Physically and athletically its definitely Blake Griffin who jumps higher but isn't as fast. Lebron also has great coordination.

NBA lottery pick

I have read C Webb and ZBO comparisons. Which is more accurate?

Julius Randle is also one ugly mother****er. A face only a mother could love.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Julius Randle is also one ugly mother****er. A face only a mother could love.
    What NBA players have nice faces to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    I've watch him a little bit and some draft videos. First thing that came to mind was Jamal Mashburn. Has the body to play inside, but choose to be a perimeter player more than you would like for someone his size.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    What NBA players have nice faces to you?

Last edited by Eric Cartman; 11-12-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    i don't understand the z-bo comparisons. randle is a freak athlete with ball very good ball handling skills and a great perimeter game. z-bo is a bruiser

they're both lefties i guess

LeBron's size isn't what made him special...it was his athleticism AND quickness at that size. Neither of which Randle can compare with.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    i don't understand the z-bo comparisons. randle is a freak athlete with ball very good ball handling skills and a great perimeter game. z-bo is a bruiser

they're both lefties i guess
    Not sure if Draft Express is wrong, but their reporting on him is even those he's strong, he's not a freak athlete in the class of a Wiggins or LeBron James or something like that. A great athlete, but not a freak one like you're mentioning.

"Weaknesses: While very solid, especially considering his age, not a jaw dropping physical specimen type of athlete ... Doesn't play on the box as much as he should, too perimeter oriented. Should focus a little more on refining his post game which will really be his bread and butter as he gets older ... Settles for too many jumpers at times instead of imposing his will inside ... Too left hand dominant. Needs to work at using his right hand better ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman

I like that you removed Rubio for Ibaka.

Either him Parker, or wiggins is coming to orlando, so i'm excited