Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Garnett Suspension

Correct me if i am mistaken, but did both these horrible plays occur on the field of play, with the clock running, and are therefore unfortuneately up for evaluation as per the intent of the actions of the players involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by bada bing
    was horry suspended when he body checked nash into the boards hockey style a few years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Really?

I am going to have to check if anyone started a suspension thread when Kobe raped Battier and left him bloody in front of everyone.
    I beleive that while I personally find those 2 plays very suspicious at best and extremely poor sportsmanship and assault at worst, they still can be argued as things that may or may not have been actions that were incidental during game play.

Kevin garnett's actions were clearly not part of any regular game play or actions related to the game, they were clear signs of inciting conflict, and violent malice outside the field of play during a dead ball scenario.

This type of behavior is not subject to interpretation as to whether the player's intent was to serve a purpose in the game or field of play, it is completely ancillary and full of malice and violence.

At a bare minimum KG should be suspended 1 game, and if the league would like to send a strong message that it wants a clean, respectful postseason , a multi-game suspension is clearly the right course of action for the NBA league office to take upon this disgusting, and totally unnecessary behavior.

This type of behavior, displayed by Kevin Garnett, helps to undo much of the image that the NBA has worked so hard to achieve.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
    When Pierce went down. And Richardson walked over to Pierce he must of said something to Pierce.. and Garnett was there sticking up for Pierce and that's when it all happened. Hopefully KG doesn't get suspended...
    Richardson probably just asked pierce if he was faking another injury

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
    Richardson probably just asked pierce if he was faking another injury
    Although this is funny, i doubt Richardson said that. My guess is that he was genuinely concerned for Pierce's well being, as his body language looked peaceful and concerned.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Two elbows to the face not in the heat of the game deserves a two game suspension.
    It was not two, it was ten, all in the face and Richardson was taken away by the Ambulance

Howard out for Game 6

The Orlando Magic will be without two starters in their next playoff game after the NBA announced Wednesday that Dwight Howard has been suspended for Thursday night's Game 6 in Philadelphia.

Howard received a one-game ban for an elbow he swung at the head of 76ers center Samuel Dalembert in Tuesday's Game 5, and like teammate Courtney Lee -- who was later felled by an unintentional Howard hit -- will be absent when the 76ers try to force a Game 7 in the teams' tight first-round series.

The Magic had been bracing for what was widely considered a certain suspension after video replays clearly showed Howard swiping at Dalembert's head.

Adding to the likelihood that Howard would receive at least a one-game ban was the fact that he was not ejected after the elbow, merely receiving a technical foul that allowed him to stay on the floor. Howard wound up totaling 24 points and a career playoff-best 24 rebounds to power Orlando to a 91-78 home win and nudge the Magic into a 3-2 series lead.
    link

This article makes me think that it may come down to if the NBA thinks the ejection was enough punishment for two elbows.

Oh the Bealsanity

He will get suspended. They have to after Dwight's last year. It would be completely hypocritical not to.

And OP, you do not know if Richardson came over in peace, none of us do. For all we know he could have said, you want a wheelchair?

Really?

I am going to have to check if anyone started a suspension thread when Kobe raped Battier and left him bloody in front of everyone.
    That was Vujacic that left Battier bloody, but Kobe did get some dirty shots in on Battier as they were on the floor.

Local High School Star

I missed the game. Anyone got a video to the hit?

If he doesn't get suspended or even fined it wouldn't surprise me. Rondo threw Hinrich into the scorers table and got hi fived by the refs.

Really?

It's always about someone else..

Even if Richardson wasn't coming over to check on Pierce, I'm pretty sure that KGs reaction is frowned on by the league office.

At any rate, it wouldn't make sense for Richardson to make the effort to come all the way over there just to taunt Pierce for being down. Regardless of whatever "history" people are talking about, that just doesn't make sense.

They need to chill on the BS suspensions. It was a lame ass elbow...caught Q in the chin. Big deal. Honestly, he deserved it if he came over there just to taunt Pierce while he was down. Dude was getting extra close....

It's the playoffs. Save the suspensions for something a little more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    One game? Nicca stern suspended Melo for 15 games. Garnett should miss 10.
    I'm amazed by your ability to bring Melo in every conversation.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    They need to chill on the BS suspensions. It was a lame ass elbow...caught Q in the chin. Big deal. Honestly, he deserved it if he came over there just to taunt Pierce while he was down. Dude was getting extra close....

This. Finally a non Celtic fan who isn't too blinded by hate too see the truth.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Correct me if i am mistaken, but did both these horrible plays occur on the field of play, with the clock running, and are therefore unfortuneately up for evaluation as per the intent of the actions of the players involved?

I beleive that while I personally find those 2 plays very suspicious at best and extremely poor sportsmanship and assault at worst, they still can be argued as things that may or may not have been actions that were incidental during game play.

Kevin garnett's actions were clearly not part of any regular game play or actions related to the game, they were clear signs of inciting conflict, and violent malice outside the field of play during a dead ball scenario.

This type of behavior is not subject to interpretation as to whether the player's intent was to serve a purpose in the game or field of play, it is completely ancillary and full of malice and violence.

At a bare minimum KG should be suspended 1 game, and if the league would like to send a strong message that it wants a clean, respectful postseason , a multi-game suspension is clearly the right course of action for the NBA league office to take upon this disgusting, and totally unnecessary behavior.

This type of behavior, displayed by Kevin Garnett, helps to undo much of the image that the NBA has worked so hard to achieve.
    And your statments will sound even more convincing if you start using even larger font.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa

Finally,someone gets my point. When someone is hurt, the first thing anyone says is back up so that the trainers(in this case)/doctors/nurses/etc can get over there have space to do their jobs. Q kept getting closer and closer until he got shoulder to shoulder with KG and then decided to take another step. I'm watching the replay, asking myself, "where is he going?". He could have realistically gotten any closer to Pierce, and he couldn't have stepped over because there were people on the other side.