Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe does it again ! 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    kobe should just continue what hes doing, just block out what his teammates and coaches and media says....
    I agree. Because so far, it has produced a winning record for LA!

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Kobe has been great offensively. He scores more in losses because he's desperately trying to carry the team, and not getting enough help. Dwight can't shoot more, until he can make more than 1/2 FTA. Until he can score somewhat efficiently at the line, every team will just hack him when he gets good position.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Means absolutely NOTHING when his team's record is 1-10.
    So Kobe's the reason Dwight gets stripped of the ball several times per game? Kobe's the reason that none of his teammates can hit shots? Kobe's the reason that no one is playing any defense. Kobe's defense HAS been poor, but he's been the ONLY bright spot for the Lakers this year. Had he not scored or been playing this well, Lakers would've probably only won a game or 2.

I've never been a fan of Kobe's game because of the lack of balance and poor decision making traits throughout the majority of his career. However, the blame he has received the last few years has been laughable. The Lakers from top to bottom have been a mess and has more impact on their form then Kobe scoring 30 points in losses.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    i agree. and the knicks should run theirs through chandler.
    Best C in the league compared to a guy that can only dunk on offense.

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

I'm sure most of us have played some sort of recreational basketball at one point or another. We've all played on a team with the guy who takes just about every shot. Even though he makes a lot of them, it turns the rest of us into spectators because we know he's just going to come down, go one on one, and put the shot up. For me personally, it kills my desire to hustle, to play D, to crash the boards. So for the people saying "don't blame Kobe, he's shooting such a high percentage!" when a person dominates the ball like he does, the rest of the team puts forth much less effort.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Best C in the league compared to a guy that can only dunk on offense.
    as opposed to dwight who will give u missed free throws, stripped ball, terrible hook shots in addition to the dunks

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    I'm sure most of us have played some sort of recreational basketball at one point or another. We've all played on a team with the guy who takes just about every shot. Even though he makes a lot of them, it turns the rest of us into spectators because we know he's just going to come down, go one on one, and put the shot up. For me personally, it kills my desire to hustle, to play D, to crash the boards. So for the people saying "don't blame Kobe, he's shooting such a high percentage!" when a person dominates the ball like he does, the rest of the team puts forth much less effort.
    when u are getting paid millions to play ball u need to put effort regardless whether u are getting the shots or not

that's an indictment on the mentality of the players
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 12-12-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Scoring 30 a game doesn't rid Kobe of blame. His defense has been trash and he isn't getting his teammates involved enough. As long as Nash and/or Pau are sitting on that bench, Kobe should be racking up 7-9 assists per game; if he can STILL score 30, why can't he make the guys around him better?
    Getting assists =/= Making teammates better. Just passing the ball to them =/= making them better either.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    when u are getting paid millions to play ball u need to put effort regardless whether u are getting the shots or not

that's an indictment on the mentality of the players
    this. your a scrub do your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Getting assists =/= Making teammates better. Just passing the ball to them =/= making them better either.
    the point still stand though, that if kobe is capable of getting 30 a night, he should be getting his teammates more easily looks (and as a result of that more assists), regardless of how one defines 'making your teammates better'

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    spot on !.....makes your teammates say "why should we run and bust your ass, when this clown just shoots everytime he has the chance"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    the point still stand though, that if kobe is capable of getting 30 a night, he should be getting his teammates more easily looks (and as a result of that more assists), regardless of how one defines 'making your teammates better'
    1. Guys still have to make shots

2. If Kobe is having to score 30 a night (and shoot more) because his teammates are sucking, then he isn't going to get more assists usually.

3. The Lakers' offense is still off kilter, most likely due to it being new. Timing is off (hence the high turnovers), spacing is bad lots of times and there isn't as much opportunity for assists when the only two people capable of running the pick and roll are Kobe and Dwight and teams will simply foul Howard or leave shooters open. Outside of the last couple of games the Lakers shooters (Jamison, Meeks mainly) were all struggling.

4. Dwight is the other main offensive option. Throwing it to him in the post is going to not result in an assist more times than not.

I don't understand how you can say with such certainty that a guy should get a certain number of assists. That's like me saying LeBron should average 9+ assists since he plays with D. Wade, Bosh and a myriad of shooters. It doesn't work like that.

I never really liked Kobe at alll.. He is a punk in my eyes... But he has been playing very well, and I dont think you can put too much blame on him for the team's record when he scores 30+.

Kobe is not lebron or Magic... He is a scorer.. When things get tough, kobe starts scoring. He is basically trying to keep his team in the game, so he does what he does best. score.. He's older now so of course his defense wont be as good as it was.

Usually I would say he needs to score less and distribute to his teammates, but they have problems on defense and his teammates arent scoring with the same efficiency he is.

Lakers have some guys who should be able to affect the game without having the basketball in their hands alot.D howard needs to bring more defensive presence... Somebody else has to get going, and to me, D howard is the guy who has to step up match kobe's play.

you shouldnt lose to Cleveland with the guys you have on your roster and I cant really blame Kobe because he is doing what kobe does.. Somebody else has to help him

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    this. your a scrub do your job.
    But these aren't scrubs. These guys were superstars in high school and college, and MWP was a star in the NBA and DH is a superstar. And people don't play harder cuz they getting paid. They play harder cuz they love the game.

But when one guy just shot jacks everything and doesn't even play D himself what is the team going to do? **** that. I wouldn't care if I was making millions...I got my money...I'm getting paid regardless...if my teammate wants to control the ball 99% of the time and then toss people under the bus for losses and the coaching staff don't do shit....you think I'm gonna play HARDER?!??!

Hahahahah...hell ****ing no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Finding guys open (and passing in general) isn't something Kobe has done very effectively. Look at his turnovers.

He's been putting the ball in the hoop efficiency. No doubt - and you really can't blame him for what he does best. You're right. You still can't ignore the issues I stated above, though.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 12-12-2012 at 12:47 PM.