Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: F uck vegans, like seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Now I'm curious if you can condition a lion to eat broccoli.
    That's the nature vs nurture argument. Probably possible, not sure how well its lifestyle can adjust to it though.

I've known a few people who've tried to force their cats to be vegan, I find that to be cruel and unusual punishment for the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    That's the thing, you have to be conditioned for it instead of eating it naturally like all other carnivores do.
    Raw meat is safe as long as you buy the proper raw meat. Any meat from a mass producer is going to be suspect, but the free range meats are safe to eat raw. All the bad things in raw meat come from they're living conditions, there's a sizable following of people in the US that live a "primal" lifestyle eating raw foods. You can find a decent amount of info on the subject.

Myself no way. Other than Sushi I want it cooked

That's the nature vs nurture argument. Probably possible, not sure how well its lifestyle can adjust to it though.
    Growing up we had a cat that loved lettuce for some odd reason

If we weren't meant to eat animals, why do they taste so bloody good

Especially straight off the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Yeah, protein only comes from animal flesh; fucktard.
    The acceptable amount does. Face it; the vegan diet ISN'T healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg
    The acceptable amount does. Face it; the vegan diet ISN'T healthy.
    I've read that vegan's have similar mortality rates as meat eaters and that vegetarians or people who supplement their diets with meat are better off.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    dude wtf???????

As a matter of fact 500 000 people in Asia go blind because of a diet based on high rice intake.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...d-pasta/5712/2

Jesus Christ learn to f*cking read you stupid f*ck! I said rice paired with a legume such as soy beans provides a complete protein, ie all the complements of amino acids the body needs. Look it up moron.

Now I'm not a vegan, far from it. But there's so much misinformation here.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

Some Americans are obsessed with protein. Vegans are bombarded with questions about where they get their protein. Athletes used to eat thick steaks before competition because they thought it would improve their performance. Protein supplements are sold at health food stores. This concern about protein is misplaced. Although protein is certainly an essential nutrient which plays many key roles in the way our bodies function, we do not need huge quantities of it. In reality, we need small amounts of protein. Only one calorie out of every ten we take in needs to come from protein [COLOR=#0000ff]1[/COLOR]. Athletes do not need much more protein than the general public [COLOR=#0000ff]2[/COLOR]. Protein supplements are expensive, unnecessary, and even harmful for some people.
    How much protein do we need? The RDA recommends that we take in 0.8 grams of protein for every kilogram that we weigh (or about 0.36 grams of protein per pound that we weigh) [COLOR=#0000ff]1[/COLOR]. This recommendation includes a generous safety factor for most people. When we make a few adjustments to account for some plant proteins being digested somewhat differently from animal proteins and for the amino acid mix in some plant proteins, we arrive at a level of 1 gram of protein per kilogram body weight (0.45 grams of protein per pound that we weigh). Since vegans eat a variety of plant protein sources, somewhere between 0.8 and 1 gram of protein per kilogram would be a protein recommendation for vegans. If we do a few calculations we see that the protein recommendation for vegans amounts to close to 10% of calories coming from protein. [For example, a 79 kg vegan male aged 25 to 50 years could have an estimated calorie requirement of 2900 calories per day. His protein needs might be as high as 79 kg x 1 gram/kg = 79 grams of protein. 79 grams of protein x 4 calories/gram of protein = 316 calories from protein per day. 316 calories from protein divided by 2900 calories = 10.1% of calories from protein.] If we look at what vegans are eating, we find that between 10-12% of calories come from protein [COLOR=#0000ff]3[/COLOR]. This contrasts with the protein intake of non-vegetarians, which is close to 14-18% of calories.
    So, in the United States it appears that vegan diets are commonly lower in protein than standard American diets. Remember, though, with protein, more (than the RDA) is not necessarily better. There do not appear to be health advantages to consuming a high protein diet. Diets that are high in protein may even increase the risk of osteoporosis [COLOR=#0000ff]4[/COLOR] and kidney disease [COLOR=#0000ff]5[/COLOR].
    Last edited by rufuspaul; 01-15-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore timlush's Avatar

The one thing I don't get is why they are against drinking animal based milk and eating animal cheese. It's not like the animals are cut up for those products.
    Besides humans, what other species drink the milk from a different species? And what other species drink any milk past infancy?

I do not drink any animal based milk directly but I do still eat cheese on occasion, but I would guess some people may also be against these things because, although the animals aren't killed, they may still be treated poorly.

Oh the Bealsanity

Vegans get a bad rap because of the outspoken, I'm better than you talk, minority which is sad. I commend people who do it though. As others have alluded to, it is healthy, as long as you keep up with what your eating. Your potential complete lack of essential nutrients is a very real possibility if you are not aware of it.

Completely random, I happen to find a large majority of vegetarian girls I meet to be very fat. I find it amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by timlush
    Besides humans, what other species drink the milk from a different species? And what other species drink any milk past infancy?

I do not drink any animal based milk directly but I do still eat cheese on occasion, but I would guess some people may also be against these things because, although the animals aren't killed, they may still be treated poorly.
    Let's be honest here, drinking the milk of a different species isn't the weirdest thing humans do to food.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Jesus Christ learn to f*cking read you stupid f*ck! I said rice paired with a legume such as soy beans provides a complete protein, ie all the complements of amino acids the body needs. Look it up moron.

Now I'm not a vegan, far from it. But there's so much misinformation here.

Great post, Rufus.

People are beyond ignorant. I've been a vegetarian for 5 years now and I lost the count regarding stupid questions after one week and nowadays I don't really tell people that I'm a vegetarian because it gets too annoying to answer the same stupid questions etc..

And spot on about soy beans, I even got in better shape after becoming a vegetarian and I played in the swedish basketball league as a vegetarian and I had zero problems. Although being a vegan in something I wouldn't be able to do but vegans who eat what they're supposed to eat are healthy.

And finally, I find it hilarious how meat-eaters are so ignorant when it comes to people who skip meat a la "they don't eat the right things", "they eat no food with proteins" etc., but at the same time we live in the era with the most obese people and people overall are overconsuming food and meat like never before..

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Completely random, I happen to find a large majority of vegetarian girls I meet to be very fat. I find it amusing.

Ah yes, the starchitarians. They don't eat meat but down french fries and cake.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Extremely credible source. And Soy? NO ****ING THANKS!

Bottom line every person is absolutely invididual. Being vegetarian is totally senseless IMO.

I cant stop laughing at people that caring about animals being killed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inFtOMx8nDU

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    And Soy? NO ****ING THANKS!

You've never had edemame? Miso?