Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

So youre willing to pay an extra $2000, just to be able to see the Mavericks lose in the finals, on a clearer screen?

Nowitzki41MFFL
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    So youre willing to pay an extra $2000, just to be able to see the Mavericks lose in the finals, on a clearer screen?
    yes, although I will be there at the games this year, atleast 2 anyways

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Thanks Wang. I'm aware of Phillips questionable reputation, but I'm intrigued by their ambient lighting system. The LG has gotten good reviews, but the few bad ones it got were disastrous, in the form of "doesn't work". I love the idea of a built in 160 gig DVR.

Banned

Default ...

I have a 62" LCD Sony at home and it was only a grand more. I think you could have done better. I also have a 42" LCD Sony but I 1000 due to my pops job. Overall I think you got robbed.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsu...oductDetail.do

This would me much better. It's not rear projection, it's DLP. It's only 17" deep and 81 lbs. I think I've heard that DLP's picture is better than LCDs. I wish I was rich.

way too expensive and plus its LCD, i hate LCD... seriously, some ppl just love it but I hate it... gimme a normal HDTV, why always go big... yes I'm a family man...

Bucks fan

I recently got this one, and I like it a lot:

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

LCD's are great. Almost a 180

I usually hit open layups junkifunki's Avatar

[QUOTE=adamcz]

LCD's are great. Almost a 180

Bucks fan

Thorp - my friend is an engineer for Panasonic, and he is extremely confident about the quality of their plasmas. It seems that everybody who works there is very high on them, and feels no need to own a different brand at home. They've found a work-around so that burn-in is no longer an issue, unlike most plasmas. Who knows, maybe the engineers at Phillips and LG feel the same way about their own products, but in this case, I was impressed by the confidence level. It factored into my decision to get a Panasonic tv (even though mine ended up not being plasma).

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Thank you sir. I currently own a Panasonic, and it's a great TV, which is why it's on my list as the reliable choice. The Phillips is really a long shot. They tend to rush to market with advanced ideas, only to have several companies improve on it within a year's time. They were the first to the market with DVD writers too. LG promises 60,000 hours on their plasma. They even have it in writing on there web site. If you watch this TV 8 Hours a day 7 days a week, it will last you over twenty years. All the independent research I've seen really make it seem as if the life, and burning issues of plasma have been pretty much resolved. And most of the literature make it seem like it's pretty much a matter of taste at this point. The plasmas are capable of blacker blacks, and more depth, while the LCD is slightly crisper. The gap in costs have closed, and the gap in lifespan has closed.

Bucks fan

It seems that generally, if you're going really big (like more than 44"), plasma is the best choice. I only got a 32" tv, and plasmas don't even come that small.

Default Re: OT: Is this a good TV?

circuit city, lol

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    circuit city, lol

How did you even find this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

How did you even find this thread?
    Just saw someone bump an old thread from like '07 or '06 so I browsed back to see what kind of threads were being made back then, nothing that interesting but I laughed when I saw the circuit city link so I bumped it

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Circuit City used to have some good deals on TV's. I got my plasma at Costco for a really good price though.