Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Blake Griffin does not plan to defend his slam dunk championship

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Great, no cheesy chorus and no lame-ass Kia dunk.
    co-signed.

Banned

Back in the day it was all about skilled dunks. Now its all about props and shit

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

i would like to see maybe a derozen or fernandez or iguodala or jrich. the shows put up by these wingmen were spectacular in the previous contests. i would love to see gay in the dunk contest personally.

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    i would like to see maybe a derozen or fernandez or iguodala or jrich. the shows put up by these wingmen were spectacular in the previous contests. i would love to see gay in the dunk contest personally.
    j-rich is done. he's won it, is older and injuries have slowed him. i will say this though...his dunks are among some of the most underrated. i don't think derozan will do it. he was frustrated with last year's results and the 'prop show'. iggy? maybe but he's done it once already. same with josh smith. fernandez could do it again but we'll see. rudy gay tried it once, maybe he'll do it again.

at this point, it's just hard to top some of those 80's/90's dunks. outside of VC/j-rich, some nate, some dwight...there hasn't been a whole lot to get excited about

it might just be best to watch an 80s mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJhAL3c_A1Y

EDIT: crap, i forgot josh smith won already
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 02-03-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

Terrico White will save the dunk contest

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

durant and westbrook should join

than maybe LBJ would join cause we all know he ain't going if nothing but scrubs participate

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169
    durant and westbrook should join

than maybe LBJ would join cause we all know he ain't going if nothing but scrubs participate
    griffin, dwight, nate rob, derozan, josh smith, rudy gay were scrubs? c'mon. at this point, i don't think lebron will join and no one should get their hopes up. he's had multiple opportunities.

i actually don't mind shannon brown trying again. i think he was nervous last time or didn't practice much. those dunks were mostly crap. i know he has better dunks than that. dude beat out lbj himself in the mcdonald's slam dunk contest and looked much more at ease. he just needs to get back to that 'fun' spot
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 02-03-2012 at 07:14 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh9uAorTzgM
    is this yar's the right time ?

Elliot Williams - didn't play much but boy that man can dunk

One and done? Today's athletes are weak

Is Terrico White even eligible?????

Terrence Williams

Paul George

+ some others that can actually dunk... no shit props.. no KIA rubbish

I dont want to see anyone from previous years, I want a real dunk contest...

College superstar

Paul George
    Alonzo Gee
    Bill Walker
    Russell Westbrook

I'd like to see that line up this year.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Who is the kid from Utah? I want to see him!

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Actually come to think of it, it shouldn't be too bad if DeRozan can give it another run. Derrick Williams also showed some glimpses.
    DeRozan has already said he does done with the dunk contest, at least until they remove the gimmicks and props and make it about the dunks or if Toronto hosts it.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

He didn't deserve it last year. His makes were mediocre. His misses were more exciting.

Derozen should've won, but it seemed like all Griffin had to do was show up and it was his.