Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Building a Franchise: Kyrie Irving or Russell Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    I honestly don't see how you could choose other wise.
    Nah, didn't you read the thread ?

The answer is "Kyrie and it's not close". F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck actually thinking for yourself and watching games, who needs that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Nah, didn't you read the thread ?

The answer is "Kyrie and it's not close". F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck actually thinking for yourself and watching games, who needs that ?
    LOL yeah, lets base all our answers on a statline that means more clutch. Apparently this is why everyone would rather have Robert Horry than Karl Malone... look at that clutch statline guys! And he never took away shots from his superstars!!!!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyrie

And I do like Irving a lot too. Clearly has Top 3 PG potential.

I just grow tired of reading the "it's not close" line, when it's obviously the opposite of that when it's being discussed.

I like Westbrook but Kyrie is just an amazing talent.

Like others have said his IQ, jumper and game management are far superior to Westbrook. Not to mention he has had numerous games where he has taken over the fourth quarter scoring and other teams couldn't stop him, despite the fact they knew he was looking for his shot.

Kryie has potential to be a top 5 player in the next couple years.

Now a Cavs fan again

Easily Irving. Only an idiot would rather have Westbrook. Irving is a highly efficient scoring machine and capable playmaker on a team full of scrubs. Westbrook is a shot-jacking and inefficient 40% shooter on a team with the best scorer in the league. Dude would shoot 35% on his own team.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    That's fair, but you have to take in account he has Ibaka behind him and Perkins (even though he sucks) is still more intimidating than Thompson and Zeller
    That's fair, though Perkins is a non-factor IMO. Dude is rubbish. Biggest piece of shit starter in the NBA.

I know Westbrook takes a lot of shitty shots.. it's what we have to live with because at the same time he is the one who wins us a lot of games. He's a OMG WTF AMAZING type player or a WTF ARE YOU ****ING DOING type player night to night. Luckily he's amazing more than rubbish. I'm sure in the next couple of years he will continue developing and making better decisions.
    Last edited by maybeshewill13; 01-25-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    That's fair, though Perkins is a non-factor IMO. Dude is rubbish. Biggest piece of shit starter in the NBA.

I know Westbrook takes a lot of shitty shots.. it's what we have to live with because at the same time he is the one who wins us a lot of games. He's a OMG WTF AMAZING type player or a WTF ARE YOU ****ING DOING type player night to night. Luckily he's amazing more than rubbish. I'm sure in the next couple of years he will continue developing and making better decisions.
    Yeah he might be one of the worst starters in the league, I think he's still semi intimidating though

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Yeah he might be one of the worst starters in the league, I think he's still semi intimidating though
    He's a rough body down there, sets some decent screens.. that's about it. Intimidating to some I guess, but to real good and experienced players he's just a body in the way who's easy enough to get around, who will also turn over the ball to you a few times a game and miss some easy dunks while not really being a threat on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    He's a rough body down there, sets some decent screens.. that's about it. Intimidating to some I guess, but to real good and experienced players he's just a body in the way who's easy enough to get around, who will also turn over the ball to you a few times a game and miss some easy dunks while not really being a threat on the boards.
    Yeah he sucks similar to Derek Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    So since there's a lot of people supporting Irivng in this thread, I ask this same question again in the other thread:

Build a franchise: Derrick Rose (pre-injury) or Kyrie Irving ?
    Irving easily. I will take Irving over anyone not named Durant or LeBron. Irving has already charted a journey of greatness that Derrick Rose will never touch.

1) His rookie season puts him statistically in the company of Guards like Chris Paul, Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson.

2) During his sophmore year, he made the all-star team before age 21. This puts him in an elite group of 6 current and future Hall of Famers. (Bryant, James, Johnson, Garnett, Isiah, Shaq).

3) Irving has perhaps demonstrated the greatest offensive repertoire for a 20 year old. Realistically, he is one of the most complete offensive player in the NBA today. He can shoot, slash, finish and pass.

4) Irving is a number 1 pick. Statistically, out of the greatest NBA players, there is better position to be drafted than being first.

5) Irving has the mental aptitude, physical ability and the work ethic to go down as one of the greatest players in NBA history.

As this point, I would trade the entire Rockets roster for him.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Irving easily. I will take Irving over anyone not named Durant or LeBron. Irving has already charted a journey of greatness that Derrick Rose will never touch.

1) His rookie season puts him statistically in the company of Guards like Chris Paul, Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson.

2) During his sophmore year, he made the all-star team before age 21. This puts him in an elite group of 6 current and future Hall of Famers. (Bryant, James, Johnson, Garnett, Isiah, Shaq).

3) Irving has perhaps demonstrated the greatest offensive repertoire for a 20 year old. Realistically, he is one of the most complete offensive player in the NBA today. He can shoot, slash, finish and pass.

4) Irving is a number 1 pick. Statistically, out of the greatest NBA players, there is better position to be drafted than being first.

5) Irving has the mental aptitude, physical ability and the work ethic to go down as one of the greatest players in NBA history.

As this point, I would trade the entire Rockets roster for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Before the draft
    Haters called him a bust before the draft.

After the draft
    Haters capped him as a 20/4/4 player who will struggle because of his "lack of athleticism"

After rookie year
    Haters tried to convince us that the season wasn't impressive at all. There was even a thread where most people argue Tyreke > Irving.

In his Sophmore year after All-Star selection
    Haters are still denying his greatness

Cavs were down 12 points in the 3rd, Kyrie scores 16 points in a row to come back

Mr. 4th quarter does it again