Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

Lakers look scary good

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    when did weatbrook become this amazing defender? Being young doesn't mean he is some top defender. As long as Nash controls the tempo that's all that matters... He isn't here to drop 30... That's not to say he can't.

Nash may be old but he is still a top PG in this league... Unlike Westbrook he doesn't need to score to make a big impact on the game.

PGs have killed Nash for years defensively doesn't mean he still hasn't controlled the PG matchup.
    3 games in 2011-2012 season (no particular order), Nash vs Westbrook.

Game 1 (PTS/REB/ASS/STL):

WB: 31/3/10/4
    Nash: 12/2/13/0

Game 2:

WB: 15/6/5/2
    Nash: 12/1/5/0

Game 3:

WB: 18/2/4/2
    Nash: 8/4/6/0

Hmm I wonder who won that matchup? Notice Westbrook's steals? Yeah, not a good defender.. Nash one year older, getting slower all the time. Westbrook (only getting better), one year more experience. Westbrook, when putting in the effort, is one of the top defensive PGs in the league. He can sometimes get lazy, and not put in his best efforts, but in a serious matchup, such as a finals series, Nash will get eaten alive. Deal with it, Nash is toast, and the Lakers have no shot at a 7 game series again the Thunder.
    Last edited by maybeshewill13; 10-06-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Lakers fans talk about Nash as though he is the Nash of even 2 years ago when the guy is 38 years old. For a player to fade and even fade suddenly at 38 can always be expected.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Banned

when did weatbrook become this amazing defender?
    When the top players in the world (aka Team USA) unanimously said he's the best 1v1 defender in the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    3 games in 2011-2012 season (no particular order), Nash vs Westbrook.

Game 1 (PTS/REB/ASS/STL):

WB: 31/3/10/4
    Nash: 12/2/13/0

Game 2:

WB: 15/6/5/2
    Nash: 12/1/5/0

Game 3:

WB: 18/2/4/2
    Nash: 8/4/6/0

Hmm I wonder who won that matchup? Notice Westbrook's steals? Yeah, not a good defender.. Nash one year older, getting slower all the time. Westbrook (only getting better), one year more experience. Westbrook, when putting in the effort, is one of the top defensive PGs in the league. He can sometimes get lazy, and not put in his best efforts, but in a serious matchup, such as a finals series, Nash will get eaten alive. Deal with it, Nash is toast, and the Lakers have no shot at a 7 game series again the Thunder.
    In that matchup I see a pretty close battle in two of the meetings. Nash still had 13 assists in game 1. Neither did much in meeting 2

You are acting like I'm saying Nash is better. Westbrook is a top 10 player and a terrific scorer. However Nash is still a top PG in this league and the way he controls the tempo and gets guys involved is what makes him so good.

He can dominate games without scoring... And the team mates he has now is a huge step up from what he has been playing with in recent seasons. They are going to make his life even easier now.

You really lost all credibility when you said lakers stand no shot vs thunder in a 7 game series. Lakers gave all thunder could handle with sessions and Bynum as starting in the playoffs last year... Thunder had to comeback twice late otherwise they would of been down 3-1 heading back home... I will like our chances a lot better this year.
    Last edited by All Net; 10-06-2012 at 08:59 AM.

In that matchup I see a pretty close battle in two of the meetings. Nash still had 13 assists in game 1. Neither did much in meeting 2

You are acting like I'm saying Nash is better. Westbrook is a top 10 player and a terrific scorer. However Nash is still a top PG in this league and the way he controls the tempo and gets guys involved is what makes him so good.

He can dominate games without scoring... And the team mates he has now is a huge step up from what he has been playing with in recent seasons. They are going to make his life even easier now.

You really lost all credibility when you said lakers stand no shot vs thunder in a 7 game series. Lakers gave all thunder could handle with sessions and Bynum as starting in the playoffs last year... Thunder had to comeback twice late otherwise they would of been down 3-1 heading back home... I will ate our chances alt better this year.
    Must be nice in fairy land

Quote Originally Posted by nycelt84
    Lakers fans talk about Nash as though he is the Nash of even 2 years ago when the guy is 38 years old. For a player to fade and even fade suddenly at 38 can always be expected.
    Who is saying he is? We know he is 38 but he is still a top PG who is going to still knock down shots and make life easy for everybody else In a big way...

He averaged 12 and 10 last year on great % once again... His play has shown over the years the drop off hasn't been much at all. If anything he has improved as a player.
    Last edited by All Net; 10-06-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Must be nice in fairy land
    That's what you come back with? Really? Was expecting good discussion this year with thunder fans without trolling... Guess that won't be the case with you.

Shame- always saw you as very level headed. Unless I'm confusing you with somebody else.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Who is saying he is? We know he is 38 but he is still a top PG who is going to sell knock down shots and make life easy for everybody else In a big way...

He averaged 12 and 10 last year on great % once again... His play has shown over the years the drop off hasn't been much at all. If anything he has improved as a player.
    He has improved? Are you being serious because I don't think you can be that delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by nycelt84
    He has improved? Are you being serious because I don't think you can be that delusional.
    As he has aged yes he has.. I'm not talking now but over the years his assists production has stayed at a consistent level well into his 30's as has his shooting %

There is even a star showing his big improvement in his last 8 years compared to his first 8 years in the league.
    Last edited by All Net; 10-06-2012 at 09:12 AM.

That's what you come back with? Really? Was expecting good discussion this year with thunder fans without trolling... Guess that won't be the case with you.

Shame- always saw you as very level headed. Unless I'm confusing you with somebody else.
    I'm usually down for a good discussion, but once you bought in mentioning the things would have been different had yadda yadda happened in the finals last year I abandoned ship. Seeing as you want a discussion though, every man and his dog (other than Laker fans) know the only win Lakers had in that series was gifted to them by the referees. Metta also hit shots that he won't do again, which was vital to them staying in a lot of the games. Really it was a 4-0 sweep.

Nash is a great player, I'm not denying that, and I have huge respect for the guy. I just think players like Westbrook will abuse him next year. Nash will be good for a few knock down shots, good assist numbers.. but he's definitely not the second coming of jesus to LA as many are making him out to be. Look at the stats I gave you above. Westbrook basically matched Nash for assists, which is the only thing Nash really has over WB. WB lead easily in points and steals, and also lead the rebounds.. not that they really matter.

Nash has obviously slowed down, and will struggle tremendously on the defensive end, which is never a good thing with the kind of PGs we have in the league today. Sure, he's an upgrade over Sessions, but I really think the Thunder take the series 4-2 due to the lack of ability to defend all of OKC's thread, as well as LA's lack of depth.
    Last edited by maybeshewill13; 10-06-2012 at 09:13 AM.

What you said is fair enough... Nash will struggle defensively we know this. Been the case for years but what he lacks defensively he will make up for offensively and I don't mean just scoring.

Btw I was never arguing Nash is better than Westbrook just that matchup wise it wouldn't be one sided compared to previous years.

I don't like to play the what if game happen when talking about last years series but my point was it was a good series last year and certain areas thunder were better and certainly in the clutch.

You think thunder will win is fair enough, I like our chances against anybody and to me OKC would be a tougher matchup than say Miami would be... And that's not disrespecting the champs but thunder will be the ultimate team to get by...

The depth on this team is certainly improved.. Far better than it was last year.
    Last edited by All Net; 10-06-2012 at 09:19 AM.

What you said is fair enough... Nash will struggle defensively we know this. Been the case for years but what he lacks defensively he will make up for offensively and I don't mean just scoring.

Btw I was never arguing Nash is better than Westbrook just that matchup wise it wouldn't be one sided compared to previous years.

I don't like to play the what if game happen when talking about last years series but my point was it was a good series last year and certain areas thunder were better and certainly in the clutch.

You think thunder will win is fair enough, I like our chances against anybody and to me OKC would be a tougher matchup than say Miami would be... And that's not disrespecting the champs but thunder will be the ultimate team to get by...
    I fear the Lakers more this year. I'd be lying if I said otherwise. I didn't give them a chance last year, and certainly didn't fear a match up with them. I know any match up with the Lakers this year isn't going to be easy.. and a series would certainly be close, hard-fought games. They are a contender this year, whereas in my eyes they weren't close last year. My championship probability for this year looks something like:

Thunder 33%
    Heat 33%
    Lakers 25%
    Boston 9%

No one else stands a chance barring something out of the ordinary (injuries to key players). Heat's chances go up if they get the same kind of ref treatment they did last year.

Do the math for the other teams chances.

What I think is more interesting than anything else for the Lakers is Kobe's impact/role in a new team with another year under his belt. He certainly needs to up his efficiency to fully take advantage of the addition of Nash.
    Last edited by maybeshewill13; 10-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.

I fear the Lakers more this year. I didn't give them a chance last year, and certainly didn't fear a match up with them. I know any match up with the Lakers this year isn't going to be easy.. and a series would certainly be close, hard-fought games. They are a contender this year, whereas in my eyes they weren't close last year. My championship probability for this year looks something like:

Thunder 33%
    Heat 33%
    Lakers 25%
    Boston 9%

No one else stands a chance barring something out of the ordinary (injuries to key players). Heat's chances go up if they get the same kind of ref treatment they did last year.

Do the math for the other teams chances.

What I think is more interesting than anything else for the Lakers is Kobe's impact/role in a new team with another year under his belt. He certainly needs to up his efficiency to fully take advantage of the addition of Nash.
    I don't see anybody else winning it all apart from these 3... Where last year I felt there were 2 more in the running. I didn't have us down a true contender last year either but this year a championship is expected like it is for Miami and Thunder.

A lot will depend if Dwight jumps his game with this new cast.