Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Teletovic : Best or Bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Teletović has never been a consistent player. Not even in Europe and he got a lot of minutes and played against much lesser talent. And his defense is not good.
    I didn't watch him play last night but I watched him in Europe much more than you did so I know what I'm talking about. If you expect consistency from him you'll be disappointed. One night he'll go 5-7 from three and score 20 points. Next night he'll go 2-10 from the field. That's what you get with him.
    Bringing up Europe is pointless because he is now playing with very talented players. Last night he scored all of his points off spot up jump shots. In Europe he was asked to be the focal point of the offense. He had to post, drive, pass, and shoot in Europe. Here he just needs to catch the ball and shoot wide open shots. Just as he did last night. If he gets wide open like he was last night, Nets fans can expect good productivity from Mirza. Obviously he will have off nights but if he can get 15-20 minutes consistently he can work on his in-game jump shot.

Another cool stat is that Mirza has scored each time he has played. His best game was scoring 18 points against the Celtics starters when the Nets rested their entire starting lineup.

His shot is beautiful and he's not like Steve "VERY INCONSISTENT" Novak either.

I don't get why Mirza didn't play one second with Brook on the floor though. Teams double and plant themselves in the paint to defend Lopez. That then opens up Mirza for wide open shot after shot. Oh well, maybe in due time. It was just one game. He may very well go 0-6 next game but we need to focus on winning against the struggling Sixers on Tuesday.

Why are you mentioning Steve Novak ?

And for your information:
    Steve Novak 3-pt: 44%
    Mirza Teletović 3-pt: 29%

And defenders give so much more attention to Novak than they do to Teletović.

Silly Nets fans. Guy plays one decent game (14 points in a blowout) and suddenly he's the 6th man of the year

Stop bringing Knicks and Knicks players every time someone says something about the Nets. Knicks lead the season series 2-1,have a better record and you act like it's other way around. I mean Knicks fans don't even mention Nets but the Nets fans mention the Knicks every time they can. People would have thought that the Nets have a better record or killed the Knicks in head to head matchups when reading some sh*t Nets fans say.

I love Mirza (he's coming from a country I have some origins from) but he's a chucker who can't play defense and is hot and cold. If you want Knicks comparisons he's a non athletic,much less talented J.R. who can't play defense.
    Last edited by Clutch; 01-06-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Mirza showed some very good signs on D yesterday. He'll never be a great defender because of his physical limitations, but he by no means looked like a liability. Within the right defensive concept I think his weaknesses can be masked in a lot of match ups. It'll take time though, that's for sure.

As for his offensive game, the main reasons for the big improvement were 1) he was given freedom to roam. His movement without the ball was much better & he wasn't just camped beyond the three point line waiting for the pass. I think anyone who saw him play in Europe knew that turning him into a spot up shooter would end in failure. The other thing I noticed is that he's steadily shedding that extra bulk he so misguidedly put on. There's a lot of work for him still to do in that regard, but he definitely looked a little quicker & not nearly as lumbering.

There's still a long way to go before he can contribute on a consistent basis, but I do think he'll be a valuable scorer if he's given a fair chance & time to adapt. Hopefully PJ will give him more of a focal point within the offense during his time on the floor. Oh, and if he can find that step back he was so lethal with in Europe then that certainly won't harm his chances!

Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Teletović has never been a consistent player. Not even in Europe and he got a lot of minutes and played against much lesser talent. And his defense is not good.
    I didn't watch him play last night but I watched him in Europe much more than you did so I know what I'm talking about. If you expect consistency from him you'll be disappointed. One night he'll go 5-7 from three and score 20 points. Next night he'll go 2-10 from the field. That's what you get with him.
    listen croat, there's a lot of players in the league like that, 8-12 one night next night 3-10. He' a rookier give him a bit of a learning curve. I just looked at the stats from europe and his averages imply consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg
    You are a complete fool, every time you are presented with facts that refute your idiotic claims you respond with one word insulting them when they are clearly right. If you ever wanted to be taken seriously you should have never trolled.
    Yeah, because gabepizza's lies are considered "facts" here. Piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Bringing up Europe is pointless because he is now playing with very talented players. Last night he scored all of his points off spot up jump shots. In Europe he was asked to be the focal point of the offense. He had to post, drive, pass, and shoot in Europe. Here he just needs to catch the ball and shoot wide open shots. Just as he did last night. If he gets wide open like he was last night, Nets fans can expect good productivity from Mirza. Obviously he will have off nights but if he can get 15-20 minutes consistently he can work on his in-game jump shot.
    Lay off the drugs.

He was playing with guys like Goran Dragic, Pablo Prigioni, Tiago Splitter, Luis Scola, Fernando San Emeterio, Nemanja Bjelica, Kevin Seraphin, Reggie Williams, Marcelo Huertas, Walter Herrmann, Stanko Barac, Pete Mickeal, Igor Rakocevic, Zoran Planinic, on Baskonia.

JUST STOP THIS RIDICULOUS NBA ONLY FAN DELUSIONAL BULLSHIT ABOUT THE LEVEL OF THE EUROLEAGUE.

He has played with players every bit as good as anyone the Nets have.

Just cut this ridiculous NBA only fan BULLSHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Lay off the drugs.

He was playing with guys like Goran Dragic, Pablo Prigioni, Tiago Splitter, Luis Scola, Fernando San Emeterio, Nemanja Bjelica, Kevin Seraphin, Reggie Williams, Marcelo Huertas, Walter Herrmann, Stanko Barac, Pete Mickeal, Igor Rakocevic, Zoran Planinic, on Baskonia.

JUST STOP THIS RIDICULOUS NBA ONLY FAN DELUSIONAL BULLSHIT ABOUT THE LEVEL OF THE EUROLEAGUE.

Lay off the drugs.

How many of those players are or have been NBA All-stars? Zero. The players that you mentioned that have been good enough to jump to the NBA have been role players and back-up at best. No one as good as D-Will, Joe Johnson or even Brook Lopez.

Lay off the drugs.

90% of the Nets roster is better than all of the players you mentioned.

And my grandma playing in heels is better than the players I highlighted.

Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

hold on are you guys trying to have a civil arguement juxtapositioned by facts and figure with euroleague? how many times has this bee attempted? you guys should know better

GO MIRZA!

You are a troll. I especially how like how you did not highlight Dragic, even though he was a third stringer on Baskonia. Typical ****ing retard.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    How many of those players are or have been NBA All-stars? Zero. The players that you mentioned that have been good enough to jump to the NBA have been role players and back-up at best. No one as good as D-Will, Joe Johnson or even Brook Lopez.
    Williams and Johnson both suck in the current time. Neither is even a good player. And Huertas is better than either of them ever were at any time.

Williams and Johnson both suck in the current time. Neither is even a good player. And Huertas is better than either of them ever were at any time.
    Did Huertas get his jersey retired in Europe after playing 13 games...or win Olympic gold medals?

BTW Spanoulis paid $200,000 to fix the final four and get selected as the Final Four MVP. I have no links to back up my outrageous assertion but the president of Euroleague said it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Did Huertas get his jersey retired in Europe after playing 13 games...or win Olympic gold medals?

BTW Spanoulis paid $200,000 to fix the final four and get selected as the Final Four MVP. I have no links to back up my outrageous assertion but the president of Euroleague said it on TV.
    You will burn in hell.