Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Default Re: ISH Mock Draft 2010

Wes Johnson, Jonny Flynn get's his buddy.
    Last edited by WhySoInsecure?; 05-28-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Hmm, can't PM sak, but your up.

With the number 5 pick.
    Sacramento selects Demarcus Cousins.

Even with him being over weight at the combine, this is probably the best talent at this draft spot. If he didnt have the personal red flags i think he would be selected higher.

Hes long, athletic, good hands and has a number of tools in his box on the post.

On a side note. I think he was bulking on pourpose. He knows he needs to be real big to play his type of game in the NBA. Future star.

Damn cousins is gone give me a little bit to get my pick in

With the 6th pick in the 2010 ISH mock draft the Brujesino selects for the warriors

Al-Farouq Aminu

Strengths: One of the top athletes in the country, Aminu had a solid sophomore year, with more opportunities to shine after James Johnson and Jeff Teague left for the pros ... A huge leaper with freakish athleticism, explosiveness and solid length, Aminu uses these 3 strengths to make him an excellent rebounder and defender ... His athleticism contributes to a quick first step, while possessing a good enough handle to take his defender off the dribble north to south rather than east to west ... His solid frame, length and athleticism give him the ability to be an excellent defender, with the option of allowing him to guard the 2, 3 or 4 ... His leaping abilities allow him to get up and block shots, as well as eliminate second chance opportunities on the defensive glass ... Again he uses his pure athleticism to keep the ball alive on the offensive glass making him a tough target to box out ... High energy player, will lay out for the ball ... Showed an improved post game, using his quickness to elude his defender down low and get off uncontested shots even with his man on his back ... He has a good enough handle to match his athleticism following a rebound, allowing him to go coast to coast where he thrives in transition, as he runs the floor very well and can soar around the hoop making him a point guard's best friend on the break ...

Weaknesses: Aminu's glaring weakness is his inability to create shots for himself and hit from the outside ... He lacks any real range on his outside game, and does not have the ability to pull up off the dribble ... He lacks touch around the basket when he's not close enough to dunk ... Turnover prone, with a tendency to be out of control and a bit awkward when taking his man off the dribble ... Handle is not diverse enough, most of his drives are made because of a quick first step, while limited to mainly just going right ... His lack of shooting ability hurts his chances of playing the 3 at the next level, most likely he will play the athletic and high flying power forward role until he broadens his perimeter skills ... Not skilled enough to immediately be effective on the offensive end...

Overall: Aminu's strengths include all of the things you can't teach, which is a great sign for potential and upside considering all the things he needs to improve upon can be learned and developed as he grows as a player ... More than just a highlight reel type player, Aminu would be a great fit on a team that wants to run and gun, or a team that lacks athleticism at the forward position ... His defensive and rebounding abilities make his stock higher than those players who may be more skilled at this point in time ... His versatility on defense, energy and athleticism on offensive, and tremendous upside should make Aminu a surefire lottery pick in June...

Sure he looks ugly but the warriors need a defensive minded Sf and since we like to play small ball he can see some time at the 4.He doesnt create his own shots well enough but there are alot of players on the warriors who can do that so Al will be a role player for the team in his first couple of years.

:3

Hm, this will be a reach for my pick, but the Clippers really do have a crowded front court. My pick will be...

Nice combine results, both athletics-wise and shooting-wise. Great shooter in college (50/40/90 club!), which is something the Clips need. It was a tossup between him or George, but I decided to go with the more proven college player.

Jazz select PG/SG Avery Bradley.

Utah could go with another SG, a SF, a PF, or a C due to their roster depth right now, but what they really need is an X-Factor like Bradley. Utah hasn't really had a good 6th Man in years, in terms of a guy who you can bring off the bench and contribute with scoring instead of the offense running through only Williams and Boozer. Bradley could actually end up starting by the end of the season at SG, he brings great defense considering he was ranked the top defensive backcourt player coming out of HS. Bradley has the versatility to sub in for Williams to let Williams rest as well as to pick up some of the scoring so Williams can focus on just being a PG rather than having to score most of the points almost every night. Utah needs that 3rd scoring option every team has and Bradley would be it.

Bradley allows Utah to go with a smaller finesse lineup with Matthews or Miles at the 3 playing a more uptempo style with Kirilenko playing minutes at the 4 like he did several years ago.

As a nugs fan I am worried about the jazz getting avery bradley or motiejunas- nugs and everyone else already have enough problems with dwill if they had bradley too that would be a real problem to defend- good pick

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    As a nugs fan I am worried about the jazz getting avery bradley or motiejunas- nugs and everyone else already have enough problems with dwill if they had bradley too that would be a real problem to defend- good pick
    Pretty much.

The only way to beat Utah is to limit their role players, Boozer and Williams will get their points and make their impact but they dont have anyone else who can consistently carry the rest of the scoring load.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

The Jazz are about to lose their best big man, have 2nd round picks playing the wings and they draft Bradley? In one of the best big man draft classes?

Babbit is a REACH.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Pacers pick Ekpe Udoh.

I'll fill in the reasoning later, kinda busy right now, just keeping this moving.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Hornets will definately go for a big, and I think Orton will be good, def. better than the 6'9" Aldrich. But since he is still available and he has the raw potential of a top 5 pick i will go with:

With the 12th overall selection, the Memphis Grizzlies select Paul George from Fresno State University.

With Rudy Gay being an unknown, the Grizzlies draft his potential replacement, and George can be brought along slowly, playing inbetween Mayo & Randolph.

Toronto Raptors select PF Donatas Motiejunas

With current situation I think Raptors should go with best talent aviable no matter the position, and i am lucky Motiejunas wasn't selected earlier (thought that he's gonna be picked by NOH)
    He's impressive 7'0foot player with great skills. Left handed. He prefers play face to the goal. He plays great from the line to the basket. He can shot 3p, already has an impressive wingspan. He is a player very quick and coordinated for his height, allowing it to displace its defenders outside the area, and is capable of bounce and face their rivals, in one of his plays more common. Suffer in defense against players more physical, partly for lack of weight and upper body muscle. He must work hard on defense, in attitude and fundamentals.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Tick-tock Raj Da Dodge.