Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Donatas Motiejunas. Future all star.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    These new Eastern European guys have an edge to them, it's refreshing to see tough European players after watching guys like Bargnani and Rudy lol
    yeah but they all fail in the nba and are exposed as being softies compared to big black athletic americans...

Thomas Robinson is better and he's showing how good he is with the limited minutes he's getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    yeah but they all fail in the nba and are exposed as being softies compared to big black athletic americans...
    Yeah name me a soft Lithuanian that played in NBA.

Maybe this one ? http://youtu.be/x9zBndgbHKs?t=55s

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Line up stats when dmo is on the court and heat in comparison.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
    Thomas Robinson is better and he's showing how good he is with the limited minutes he's getting.
    Loving so far what I seen from Douglas/Patterson when they get given mins, imo both look to have a good future for the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Yeah name me a soft Lithuanian that played in NBA.

Maybe this one ? http://youtu.be/x9zBndgbHKs?t=55s
    Surunas' child molester mustache always scared me. I hear he listened to disco music to get pumped before games.

damn Marciulionis was ripped

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Loving so far what I seen from Douglas/Patterson when they get given mins, imo both look to have a good future for the Kings.
    At the end of the day what everyone needed was a scenery change to start over. The motivation is there to make a statement.

Even though I think Robinson in a few years will elevate to a potential all star level I was being unfair to the Kings. They got a pretty decent deal after all especially after I saw Douglas yesterday.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
    At the end of the day what everyone needed was a scenery change to start over. The motivation is there to make a statement.

Even though I think Robinson in a few years will elevate to a potential all star level I was being unfair to the Kings. They got a pretty decent deal after all especially after I saw Douglas yesterday.
    Same I was completely against the trade but the reailty is T-Rob probably never develops into a player in Sacramento and in return we got two guy who we know what they going to do. I was blown away by Douglas D on Curry and while hes not a great playmaker he made the right play 9/10 times against the Warriors.

College superstar

lol rockets traded patrick patterson just to give him playing time.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    lol rockets traded patrick patterson just to give him playing time.
    No, They traded Patterson, because sooner or later he was going to lose his job anyway. (Might as well move him at his max value). Patterson has already topped out with very little potential left to grow. Morey saw him for what he is.. a soft undersized PF who has a decent jump shot, but had zero game/moves in the post and is extremely weak on the boards. On a contending team he's nothing, but a rotation player. D Mo can already do everything Patterson can, but he has a much bigger upside.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 03-07-2013 at 01:32 PM.

[QUOTE=TMac&Luther]No, They traded Patterson, because sooner or later he was going to lose his job anyway. (Might as well move him at his max value). Patterson has already topped out with very little potential left to grow. Morey saw him for what he is.. a soft undersized PF who has a decent jump shot, but had zero game/moves in the post and is extremely weak on the boards. On a contending team he's nothing, but a rotation player. D Mo can already do everything Patterson can, but he has a much bigger upside.[/QUOTE]

wtf?? you just told me before that Motiejunas was crap(defensively)

Always liked him. Every since we got Yao, I would always check nbadraft for any upcoming international prospects. Donatas caught my eye, he was only 18 and I would have never thought he would end up playing for the Rockets. Glad he finally gets playing time.

Struggled a bit last night, wasn't hitting his open shots and didn't get back on defense.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    No, They traded Patterson, because sooner or later he was going to lose his job anyway. (Might as well move him at his max value). Patterson has already topped out with very little potential left to grow. Morey saw him for what he is.. a soft undersized PF who has a decent jump shot, but had zero game/moves in the post and is extremely weak on the boards. On a contending team he's nothing, but a rotation player. D Mo can already do everything Patterson can, but he has a much bigger upside.

wtf?? you just told me before that Motiejunas was crap(defensively)
    Relax man, Motiejunas is fine, he looks promising with his skillset. He's not that good as you think yet and he didn't play too well yesterday, but he's definitely improving. Atm, Patterson is the better player except for post moves and rebounding, but Motiejunas is already so comfortable with his low post repertoire so he should surpass Patterson in due time. Patterson is a solid and classy player, I still think he got too much shit from Rockets fans, and I wish him well in Sac, glad to see him beasting yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    Relax man, Motiejunas is fine, he looks promising with his skillset. He's not that good as you think yet and he didn't play too well yesterday, but he's definitely improving. Atm, Patterson is the better player except for post moves and rebounding, but Motiejunas is already so comfortable with his low post repertoire so he should surpass Patterson in due time. Patterson is a solid and classy player, I still think he got too much shit from Rockets fans, and I wish him well in Sac, glad to see him beasting yesterday.
    I just hope that he gets his minutes. There is no point in starting him if you only play him 15 min a game. Sometimes you have to get through a shooting slump and the rockets are expecting him to shoot 80% percent from the floor instantly it seems.

Also what do you think about his rebounding ? it seems really really streaky for some reason. Last game he got only 1 rebound and the game before he got 6 rebounds in 1Q. Don't really know if he is a good rebounder or not but I guess if he lacks defense the rebounding isn't that great to.

I know they are really different and play different positions but how would you compare

VALANCIUNAS with MOTIEJUNAS?

What are their strengths and weaknesses ? Who has more upside?