Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hilton Armstrong: "Panathinaikos is the biggest step of my career."

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Krstic was ranked #1 on Euroleague.net you idiot. How can you deny facts from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE?!

No he was not you ****ing scum bag. There is no such thing as a ranking of players on that site and there never has been in the entire existence of the website.

BTW Krstic was ranked #1 best player on NBA.com

source NBA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Deron Williams has never played in the Euroleague or even the second level Eurocup.

He played in the European THIRD DIVISION you colossal moron.
    Thank you for setting him straight you gargantuan douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    When i said american never played there, you know that i'm talking about big time players.

Byron Scott
    George Gervin
    Bob McAdoo
    Darryl Dawkins
    Michael Ray Richardson
    Dominique Wilkins

They all played in the Euroleague, I think it is fair to qualify them all as "big time" players in the USA. I am probably forgetting a whole bunch of others too.

No he was not you ****ing scum bag. There is no such thing as a ranking of players on that site and there never has been in the entire existence of the website.

BTW Krstic was ranked #1 best player on NBA.com

source NBA.com
    THE OFFICIAL SITE http://www.euroleague.net/

GO CHECK IT OUT YOU IDIOT. Krstic was voted #1 by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I'm not sure, but McAdoo and Wilkins were old when they came to Europe weren't they? I'm asking, i don't know.

Like i said, Deron Williams has a game suited to Europe style. But for example, i don't think a guy like Wall, Jennings or DeRozan who are above average players in NBA would be any good in Europe. Like Lawson wasn't.

Wilkins average 18.2 points per game in the NBA the year AFTER he played in Greece. Are you saying a guy that averaged over 18 a game a year AFTER he was in Euroleague isn't a big time player?

Deron Williams is in your discussion why? He has never in his life played in a Euroleague game so why do you even mention him?

Ty Lawson
    Ricky Rubio
    Goran Dragic
    Brandon Jennings
    Jannero Pargo

every single one of them was a gigantic scrub that sucked absolutely horrible in Euroleague. It's illogical why you keep defending Rubio.

He's a good NBA player but he sucked donkey dick in Euroleague. As awful as Lawson was in Euroleague - he was still better than Rubio was.

You are definitely showing a bias here man.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-22-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Ty Lawson didn't adjust well at all but I think with a full year of European play under his belt, he would have been much better, probably a similar player to McCalebb at least. He seemed rusty and out of game shape when he played with Zalgiris. That team was also a mess last season.
    Similar to McCalebb yes. As good as him? Not even half as good.

McCalebb is vastly more athletic and explosive than Lawson is and he's also a far superior shooter to Lawson.

Lawson is a poor man's version of McCalebb. He's a good player, but he's way worse than McCalebb is.

Byron Scott
    George Gervin
    Bob McAdoo
    Darryl Dawkins
    Michael Ray Richardson
    Dominique Wilkins

They all played in the Euroleague, I think it is fair to qualify them all as "big time" players in the USA. I am probably forgetting a whole bunch of others too.
    And how old and how far past their primes were those players when they played Euroleague?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Mc Adoo was like 50 and no NBA team wanted to sign him so he went to Europe and became young again.

Nique was still a good role player in NBA but he went to Europe and became a human highlight again.

Usually it takes a year for any average player to feel the Euro style. Just look at Childress, he struggled in his first year but took off in his 2nd year and named to All Euroleague team. Funny thing is he rarely played when he went back to the real man's league.

Josh Childress was voted as the worst player of Olympiacos in the last decade by Olympiacos fans.

As bad as Rubio was in Euroleague - he was like prime Jordan compared to Childress.

Childress was so pathetic in Euroleague that he had the fans of EVERY stadium laughing at him and signing songs just for him. The owners of the team threw a party when he left.

I honestly think he would have to pay teams in Europe to sign him again.

Similar to McCalebb yes. As good as him? Not even half as good.

McCalebb is vastly more athletic and explosive than Lawson is and he's also a far superior shooter to Lawson.

Lawson is a poor man's version of McCalebb. He's a good player, but he's way worse than McCalebb is.
    See, it's posts like this. You want to say McCalebb is better than Lawson, fine. But when you start saying he's a far superior shooter than Lawson and that Lawson is way worse than McCalebb...that's when you go too far.

Josh Childress was voted as the worst player of Olympiacos in the last decade by Olympiacos fans.
    Link and/or proof?

As bad as Rubio was in Euroleague - he was like prime Jordan compared to Childress.
    And it's already been established by an objective poster than you, that Rubio wasn't nearly as awful as you tried to make him sound.

Josh Childress

Played high-school basketball at Mayfair HS, Lakewood, Ca...played college basketball at Stanford University (2001-04)...signed for the 2004-05 season by Atlanta Hawks...played there till the 2007-08 championship...moved to Greece for the 2008-09 season, signed by Olympiacos Piraeus

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I never said he would be best C in NBA but that he would play the same as he is in Europe , in other words he would have the same stats . Just because you don't think Pekovic or Gasol are clearly great players doesn't mean you are right , and Law is an example of player that is bad in Europe and in NBA .

Acie Law is NOT a bad Euroleague player.

Jesus ****ing Christ you are just as bad as the racist retarded xenophobic American NBA only fan afro black supremacists here.

It's really sad that even you have turned into a troll, when I used to really respect you as a poster.

For **** sake, Acie Law is EASILY one of the best Americans to ever play in Euroleague.

I am equating your bashing on him to no reason as being just as dishonest and biased as the people that say Rubio and Childress were good in Euroleague, when they were in fact so horrible that entire arenas laughed and made fun of them.

I get it, Partizan fans don't like Law. But stop this bull shit about he isn't a good Euroleague player, because he actually is a damn good Euroleague player.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    I mean that's a straw man's argument. It's the same thing when people say that if you give any decent player as many shots as Kobe, Iverson, Jordan, etc...they would all put up the same stats. First off I disagree with that. Second off if you gave someone, like say, Nate Robinson, as many shots as Kobe or Durant, etc...he may put up good stats but his team would not win. If NBA coaches thought it would help them to win they would have given Krstic the ball more.

It's it not like Krstic put up these numbers to be voted the best center in Euroleague on a crappy team. He was the starting center and 2nd best player of Euroleague's runner-up. The team that lost the Euroleague final by one point.

BTW Anyone who doesn't think that either of the Gasol brothers are great players are wrong. Pekovic on the other hand, while being very good, has not earned the title great yet from what he was done in the NBA.

You are the biggest god damn joke I've ever seen on this site.

Black people are stronger and faster

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    So that makes him what, Michael Jordan?

No that makes him a good 6th man on a good team.

Rubio is the worst rotation point guard of the last 10 years in Euroleague.