Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"

Got me ******* .

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    If we choose Curry at #8 then I'll be pissed. If the Knicks trade down for him then I guess that would be OK. I still don't see how he's miles ahead of someone like J.J Redick. Redick's not bad but he shouldn't have been picked in the lottery.
    Hmm... Reddick was a great college shooter but I don't think his footwork was really the same. He was on an amazing team run by an amazing coach. I think Curry is more clutch too honestly. JJ had huge games but I don't think he had the same drive game. Or Curry's ability play point which should improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    Teams have moved from #8 into the top three in the past. Giving a kid a promise before the lottery has even taken place would be asinine.
    Chicago only had a 1.7% chance of getting top pick last year, so it happens.

Knicks have a 10% chance of moving into top 3 spot. Need a little Patrick Ewing luck.....

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    I really do wish we were friends, cuz in 5 years I'll have insta-smack to go to any time you want to disagree with me. "yea, remember when you said Stephen Curry shouldn't be drafted in the top 10 of a brutally weak draft year, was a smaller Robert Vaden and wasn't much different then all the shooters who go undrafted?" "yea?" "Well, same thing." "Hey, you know his father sank more 3's in a season then anyone and had a 15 year career, right?" "yea, I knew that" "just checking"

It'd be great to bring up every time Curry sinks a dagger vs some team that didn't fight through a screen after a double team on their star during some huge playoff moment. That's beyond the fact that he's most likely capable of backing up PG too. Anyway...
    Stephen is not his father. They also do not have the same style jumper. The Robert Vaden comparison is apt. They are both streaky shooters who are mediocre to below average in every other aspect of the game.

Not airballing my layups anymore lil_miketaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.
    Your kidding me right? Gordon is light years ahead of Curry. Gordon is more than just a shooter, he slashes and attacks and knows how to use his body. Also look at Gordon's body compared to Curry's. Gordon is way stronger than Curry is.

I smell Shawn Respert. Anyone remember him? Undersized great shooter who couldn't get his shot off in the NBA.

KNICKS FAN AND DO NOT WANT! Of course it's asking too much for f*cking Dantoni to wanna play defense. Makes me miss Oakley and Starks

Eric Gordon - Wilson Chandler - Blake Griffin...

Would have been a fun core to build around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo

so basically it's just wilson chandler the knicks are building around?

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo

Knicks won lottery and are getting Griffin? HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Stephen is not his father. They also do not have the same style jumper. The Robert Vaden comparison is apt. They are both streaky shooters who are mediocre to below average in every other aspect of the game.
    Vaden's a pretty good defender. At least he used to be, have no idea what he became after being the go to scorer for UAB.

NBA sixth man of the year

Great. Another player to throw around in the rotation. We don't need more 3 point shooters. What this team lacks is a PG that can control the tempo and a low-post scoring threat. QRich is not exactly a franchise low-post player.

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Great. Another player to throw around in the rotation. We don't need more 3 point shooters. What this team lacks is a PG that can control the tempo and a low-post scoring threat. QRich is not exactly a franchise low-post player.
    Well apparently Stephen and Lebron James are friends, from what I've read. This is probably part of motivation.

Also, after this year, Knicks have no guards signed. Gallo, Chandler, Eddy Curry, and Jeffries only players signed in 2010. Add David Lee to that most likely.

So Knicks need guards: Cuttino is retired, Duhon, Hughes are expirers, and Nate might be let go or traded. I can easily see Knicks taking PG or combo guard in draft. I just don't know if Curry is best available.

The Knicks need to hope and pray that The T-Wolves fall in love with someone at 8, and want to make a deal. If they are jonesing for a player to play the Barbosa role, they can get him in Tony Douglass much later in the draft. I would also have my eye on Eric Maynor, Johnny Flynn, and Earl Clark if I can't move.

Also The Knick's promise has to be taken with a grain of salt. Teams often make promise-like statements to goad players into entering the draft. Teams benefit from there being more prospects in the draft. Also if Stephen does not measure well, or perform well during athletic drills, whatever they told him will be rescinded.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    How can a guy who hits 45% of his 3's as the primary scorer on his team in any context be streaky? Try again. I love how when someone's a good shooter and you want to hate on him you just call him 'streaky'. Even if he was 'streaky' shooters are a great asset. You think Eddie House coming into a game and immediately hitting 4 3's does not help your team?

Like, are you trying to say he's a bad shooter? That's just stupid. He is not.

Going 1-12 only to heat up late in the game makes you streaky. I don't think you watched him play enough. He would often shoot his team out of games by going cold in the first half.

Last year he had games of 2-13, 4-16, 2-12, 2-9, 1-8, 2-8, 3-16, 2-11, and 2-13. His vision is poor, and it takes little ball pressure for him to be forced to pick up his dribble. His passes lack snap, and tend to float. The kid's lack of core strength and balance makes it easy to knock him off balance when driving. These flaws in his game will make it difficult for him to thrive in the NBA when coupled with the fact that he has a set shot.

Torching Furman, App State, and Elon to boost up his numbers is not impressive to me.