Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: David Stern to Jim Rome: "Do you still beat your wife?"

TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Stern: "Do you still beat your wife?"

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I'm not so sure people understand what Stern said. He didn't mean it literally. Asking someone if they beat their wife is one of the most famous examples of a loaded question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

It's unprofessional and not to mention Rome and his wife may have had domestic violence issues in the past

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    It's unprofessional and not to mention Rome and his wife may have had domestic violence issues in the past
    I still don't think you get it. The very reason he asked that question is the tell Jim Rome that asking if the lottery is rigged is a unprofessional question to ask. Stern isn't out of line here at all.

I still don't think you get it. The very reason he asked that question is the tell Jim Rome that asking if the lottery is rigged is a unprofessional question to ask. Stern isn't out of line here at all.
    why did he go at Rome's career?

lol dirty jew

Made that high school varsity squad

I'm listening to the replay on Fox Sports Radio...Stern sounded like a complete horse's ass. Rome's no saint either, based on prior history of sometimes baiting his interview subjects at times, but to make a personal comment like towards Rome and his wife was completely out-of-line.

College superstar

Stern..............Went HAM on Rome..........

TheBluest

No it's not because it's a question the public wish they could ask themselves if given the chance. The reporters/media are to a large degree an extension of the fans.

No different than when Chuck got busted for DUI a few yrs back and he was questioned and talked about it openly on TNT. Why? Because the public wanted to know his situation and how he and TNT were working together to make positive out of a very negative situation

The proper way to address the question professionally even if you feel it was unprofessional is to say just that..."The Question Is Unprofessional In It's Context Of Asking or Nature"

Then proceed how to answer it professionally. I mean he was sat down by a female ESPN reporter a couple weeks back and asked prior to draft about the integrity of the lottery. He was salty then but handled himself a tad bit more professionally.

Then to bring up SAS towards the end big upping him shows his butt hurt, child like, hypocriful behavior. Yeah the same SAS that called your refs out for nearly trashing a series on national T.V. only for you to force that network to the take the video down within less than 24hrs of it happening.

Stern is a Mockery of Himself always has been always will be

This coming from a commissioner who has refs make calls in games primarily when they see retaliation. Isn't that what this clown just did? He lashed out after the fact..... therefore

double technical fouls

automatic ejection

step down and get as far away from this league as possible
    Last edited by TheBluest; 06-13-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Future D1 Dad

wow, that's a pretty low blow. can't believe stern stepped out of his professional mode and said that.

NBA rookie of the year

Wow

I think that was a low blow. Stern seems like he can be a vindictive mofo.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Stern needs to step down. Not because of this conversation but due the growing illigitimacy of the league. It began with the 1985 lottery to the KIngs Vs. Lakers, Donague, recent officiating, flopping, the voided trade, ownership of the Hornets and most recently the lottery of 2012 and a childish conversation with Jim Rome.

The NBA is being run by a Mafia lawyer that beats his fat cow wife. Just die David Stern.

Not airballing my layups anymore

stay classy commish stay classy

TheBluest

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    Stern needs to step down. Not because of this conversation but due the growing illigitimacy of the league. It began with the 1985 lottery to the KIngs Vs. Lakers, Donague, recent officiating, flopping, the voided trade, ownership of the Hornets and most recently the lottery of 2012 and a childish conversation with Jim Rome.

The NBA is being run by a Mafia lawyer that beats his fat cow wife. Just die David Stern.

Let's not forget the Palace Brawl/Draft Age Limit/2 shortened NBA seasons/Kings Ownership Debacle/Olympic Team Disaster/Horrific All-Star Weekends...etc etc etc

His Laundry List is so filthy and dirty
    Last edited by TheBluest; 06-13-2012 at 05:07 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Rome was acting like an ass before he brought up the Lottery.

Stern: Everyone in OKC is so nice to me, I'm not use to it.

Rome: Maybe you should take a flight to Seattle and see how they treat you over there.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

rofl I thought Stern was 100% robot, guess not