Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1555626364656667 LastLast

Default Re: Massive manhunt in L.A. For Christopher Dorner

Yeah, I don't really see anything wrong with using either fire or tear gas to try to force an armed murder suspect out of a building during a gunfight.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Yeah, my guess is that the incendiary tear gas cannisters are what's being referred to as burners. Their primary use is the same as regular tear gas, however they do carry a risk of fire. So I'm wondering if you use this can be assured of starting a fire? Can the cops manipulate them in some way that can guarantee a fire? Or if in a wooden cabin in dry winter air, if you shoot enough of these, you can pretty much guarantee a fire.

For the record, I don't think the cops cared either way, the gas or the fire was going to force Dorner either out in the open or to take his own life.
    Given the two types of gas that could be the case.

I think you're right about the last part.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    So, if I keep stealing over and over and not choosing to turn myself in for due process, I should be burned alive?

Okay, just checking.
    Wow. what a horrible comparison.

Yeah, my guess is that the incendiary tear gas cannisters are what's being referred to as burners. Their primary use is the same as regular tear gas, however they do carry a risk of fire. So I'm wondering if you use this can be assured of starting a fire? Can the cops manipulate them in some way that can guarantee a fire? Or if in a wooden cabin in dry winter air, if you shoot enough of these, you can pretty much guarantee a fire.

For the record, I don't think the cops cared either way, the gas or the fire was going to force Dorner either out in the open or to take his own life.
    Tear gas in a hot gas canister is actually a solid. It requires heat to turn it into a gas. A hot gas canister delivers 20 times the CS a cold gas canister does which uses the tear gas in a powder form and uses a aerosol propellant. The hot gas CS also has the added bonus of creating lots of smoke where the cold just creates a mist.

They are not meant to start fires as a side effect they are actually in a sleeve that is meant to reduce the chance of fire but in the right conditions it can.

The easiest way to avoid being burned alive by a hot gas canister is to not go on a coldblooded killing spree and when you are eventually cornered and ordered to come out of the structure with your hands up it's advised by high ranking police officials to actually come out with your hands up and not keep shooting at them

So, if I keep stealing over and over and not choosing to turn myself in for due process, I should be burned alive?

Okay, just checking.
    dude, context is everything and that is completely different. if you stole something you wouldnt get 25 to life would you? No. So why make that comparison, it only makes your argument weaker.

as for the the rest of the thread, very interesting debate. I'm sure the LAPD intended to smoke Dorner out of those cabins, and I'm sure they also didn't care whether they killed him or not.

one question though, I'm confused. Didn't they already recover his wallet a week ago? Did he just so happen to have a second wallet with a separate set of IDs? That doesn't sound right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    one question though, I'm confused. Didn't they already recover his wallet a week ago? Did he just so happen to have a second wallet with a separate set of IDs? That doesn't sound right to me.
    The first thing they found was said to contain his police badge. This one was said to hold his driver's license. Perhaps the first thing was more of badge holder. Definitely confusing though.

The first thing they found was said to contain his police badge. This one was said to hold his driver's license. Perhaps the first thing was more of badge holder. Definitely confusing though.
    dont stop with the endless copy paste from news articles just because they have stopped fitting your agenda. lets look at a few articles that mention the first "thing" the cops found.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-got-help.html

After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...stopher-dorner

-- 2:20 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: A shuttle bus driver turns in a wallet with an LAPD badge and a picture ID of Dorner to San Diego police. The wallet was found fewer than five miles from the boat, near San Diego International Airport.
    the "thing" they found sure sounds a lot like a "wallet"

something I am wondering, why does a guy who was kicked out of the LAPD years ago still carry around an LAPD badge? how does he still have a badge? police agencies are supposed to confiscate your official ID when you are fired.

I know I got a lot of criticism for questioning the anamolies in the Sandy Hook shooting (which I still believe is 10x worst than this), but many of you are doing the same with this one.

I think he dropped the first wallet in San Diego on purpose as a diversion; he knew he was going to big bear all along since in his manifesto he talked about "guerilla warfare," which is a lot more effective under harsh conditions he can stay hidden. I hypothesize he was carrying the second wallet to make purchases before his face was all over the news. Then again, he was paying cash so having a photo ID doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless if he's buying some alcohol to fire himself up for these gunfights.

As of right now, I'm siding with the conspiracy in me and saying the wallet might've been planted for reasons unknown at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    something I am wondering, why does a guy who was kicked out of the LAPD years ago still carry around an LAPD badge? how does he still have a badge? police agencies are supposed to confiscate your official ID when you are fired.
    I read someplace last week in a news retraction by NBC that it was not his badge. It was originally said to be his but later retracted that the badge was not his and the LAPD had not identified the owner.

The ID was his LAPD ID but the badge was not his. Which would also explain the two wallet problem

Banned

Don't call me bro.

So now you're citing Alex Jones?
    droid isnt smart enough to understand the bigger picture. he argues like an infant, putting words in peoples mouths. alex jones link surprises you?

NBA Superstar

i believe they meant to start a fire. cops are vindictive when someone takes out cops, and this dude was talking about taking out their families too.

and the tone in which someone yelled to burn him didn't sound like just shooting tear gas in to arrest him
    Last edited by Godzuki; 02-13-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    dont stop with the endless copy paste from news articles just because they have stopped fitting your agenda. lets look at a few articles that mention the first "thing" the cops found.
    Here's one version of a badge holder. It looks like a wallet

However, you might have a regular wallet for your credit cards and money.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 02-13-2013 at 10:42 PM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Okay, just checking.
    Kinda like how Obama is using drones to bomb american citizens overseas. But I'm sure you already know about that.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i believe they meant to start a fire. cops are vindictive when someone takes out cops, and this dude was talking about taking out their families too.

and the tone in which someone yelled to burn him didn't sound like just shooting tear gas in to arrest him when he came out.
    OK.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stempel, HERB

droid isnt smart enough to understand the bigger picture. he argues like an infant, putting words in peoples mouths. alex jones link surprises you?
    I still can't figure out which alt you are.