Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Official Mental Enhancement Thread

How the hell do you know how to get the right gif for every occasion?

Anywho LESSON #2

When racking your brain for ideas.

A quick thing you can do - From 101 Creativity Boosters but I'm NOT GONNA give em their copyright date cuz i figured this sh!t out intuitively

Look at an object.
    Write its letters. Scramble them.
    Write its letters in a foreign language. Scramble them.
    Put the 1st and 2nd letter of the foreign circumvented around the first. Eliminate a consonant and eliminate a vowel. Now scramble it.
    Look at its texture.
    Look at its shape.
    Look at its function.
    Look at its history.
    Look at its alternate unorthodox uses.

Now going with the filter of this create as many analogies as possible with your line of work or train of thought (writing) or philosophy (meaning). Take the scrambled word from above and repeat exercise.

Read Socrates. Understand what he meant by his premise, "The only thing I know is that I know nothing." Understand why he is the father of learning and why this simple thought process is in and of itself an act of learning.

True learning is not reading a textbook and memorizing it for a test. It has always been the act of questioning what you are learning. Too many kids nowadays are too stupid to realize that just because they get an A on a test because they memorized a bunch of sh*t does not mean they are smarter. In school, they even throw around the ideas of "facts" and "objectivity" to discourage questioning these ideas because they know how powerful it is when kids heed the true wisdom of Socrates.

Read Socrates. I would say he is hands down the greatest teacher I have ever came across.

Banned

Becoming hypomanic is the white rabbit that I chase after.. Nothing beats the euphoric nirvana felt, when im hyper-focusing while being manic. Its like hearing colors.. after that, nothing else can compare.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Read Socrates. Understand what he meant by his premise, "The only thing I know is that I know nothing." Understand why he is the father of learning and why this simple thought process is in and of itself an act of learning.

True learning is not reading a textbook and memorizing it for a test. It has always been the act of questioning what you are learning. Too many kids nowadays are too stupid to realize that just because they get an A on a test because they memorized a bunch of sh*t does not mean they are smarter. In school, they even throw around the ideas of "facts" and "objectivity" to discourage questioning these ideas because they know how powerful it is when kids heed the true wisdom of Socrates.

Read Socrates. I would say he is hands down the greatest teacher I have ever came across.

Socrates and Plato are two of the baddest mother****ers this earth has seen.

Another topic I want to explore more of is Dopamine and other natural drugs the body produces.

Apparently Doamine is a natural drug produced by the brain that acts like a anti-depressant and sends off positive/happy stimulants to the body(it also has a a shit of other positive mental effects). It also has other positive physical effects to the body.

Some of the biggest ways to do this or to create positive natural energies to the body is:
    Excercising, this acts like a anti-depresentant and apparently doing a 10+ minute cardio reduces stress significantly. Ever wonder why you feel great after going to the gym? If you're feeling down just get a nice workout in

Coffee + Music. I don't know if this actually works but for me I'm always in a super relaxed and happy state when I combine the two. This is probably due to the fact that Coffee is a stimulant but I guess everything is good in moderation!

Green Tea, healthy fioods, etc.

Anyone else have natural + healthy ways to get a better well being? Maybe a natural energy boost?

5-time NBA All-Star

Alternate hogs

Look up amygdala click special way

The pain and pleasure dichotomy have someone punch you in the stomach and then play with your c0ck lol or stay out in the snow with minimal clothing and take a warm shower law of contrast

The best food bar none to feel awesome are green smoothies with superfood grass powder

U can get high off of connecting and conversing with someone you reAlly bond with

U can get dopamine from the high of commanding or doing an act if domination like planting a flag on a foreign planet or poster icing someone in ball or winning any kind of game coming back from a disadvantage

You can get high off being powerful

You can get high off healing other people through reiki

You can get high off doing very compassionate acts

5-time NBA All-Star

A short exercise you can do to really maximize efficiency.

You know the ten minutes in bed when you wake up and practically do nothing.

Use this time to do a VISUALIZATION.

All athletes do this over and over again, all musicians, all professionals from all walks of life.

They'll make vivid pictures of the day to come and envision themselves succeeding in whatever endeavor.. and they'll describe said scenario in meticulous detail.

Do it.

First ten minutes of the morning. Lay down. Breathe deeply from your stomach. And then picture yourself kicking azz on whatever event you have ony our agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    First ten minutes of the morning. Lay down. Breathe deeply from your stomach. And then picture yourself kicking azz on whatever event you have ony our agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    As an elderly man, there are four demons (that I know of) approaching you.

1) Infertility
    2) The pain of having love and provisions unreciprocated by your family.
    3) Regrets

In order to crush these demons let us propose a 3 part solution.

1 you already have covered.
    2 I can't really do sh!t about

but 3 we have potential input.

It is said that those who are successful choose to be. That it is clearly a person who has a brain that values their Greatest Triumphs > Shameful Losses = Winner in Life.

In order to defeat the overwhelming force of cynicism surrounding you at every corner let us do engage in a S-O-S-S-S program AKA Strength of Stimulus Selective Synapse program aka SELECTIVE MEMORY.

Let us take a stroll down yesteryear and re-enact the various good times from your college year and allow that to be the dominant thought in your mind. Take yourself back to the summer of '76? and remember the vivid scenery of the North Carolina campus.

wait what?

I thought majority of men are sterile into their 90's?

( sorry if I intruded on some deep convo)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    wait what?

I thought majority of men are sterile into their 90's?

( sorry if I intruded on some deep convo)
    Infertility primarily refers to the biological inability of a person to contribute to
    conception.

Sterile is what he was saying.

One thing that I promise will get you pumped and motivated: pick an entrance song/theme song. Like Hogan had "Real American", DX had "Break it Down", Austin had the glass breaking...one thing that I promise will work is if you find a song that gets you pumped up, and make that the first song you listen to every day. As soon as you get in the car to head to work, turn that song on as loud as your ears can stand, and like J$ said, just imagine yourself kicking ass at everything you have to do during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    One thing that I promise will get you pumped and motivated: pick an entrance song/theme song. Like Hogan had "Real American", DX had "Break it Down", Austin had the glass breaking...one thing that I promise will work is if you find a song that gets you pumped up, and make that the first song you listen to every day. As soon as you get in the car to head to work, turn that song on as loud as your ears can stand, and like J$ said, just imagine yourself kicking ass at everything you have to do during the day.

MY Entrance Song

5-time NBA All-Star

Yeah B. Plus if I recall correctly you have a Next Level tattoo ? That's the right mentality to have --- to fight every day. Too many of the young ones lose hope in their growth to become great men and call it quits. Tis a pity.

A lot of people think too much about the future and growing old and "settling" and ti kills their inner spirit.. their childlike curiosity.. their precious manly ambition. The warriors who are on a perpetual state of progress are the ones who really get what they want out of life.

Next topic.

NEUROPLASTICITY AND NEUROGENESIS

Studies have shown that people who have undergone severe traumatic mental injuries actually manage to rebuild that portion of their brain in due time, thanks to something called Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor.

There are ways to maximize BDNF output.

Your BRAIN has the potential to hold
    a) an infinite amount of memories give or take a few billion
    and
    b) convince you that you're a God or convince you that you're a slave.

It can be molded and shifted to whatever suits you best.

So let's talk trades.. talent.. anything. I'm sure all of you could benefit from a quicker ability to process information and transform them into a medium.
    So here's a quick custom routine you can do when you're bored to keep your CNS engaged and active.

Dual N Back Training. Aim for 20 sessions. What this does? Increases your working memory and fluid intelligence. You'll be smoother.. quicker.. writing will be a breeze.. crunching numbers will come easier.. you'll be able to do stuff without necessarily having a to-do task list.

Music. Any instrument engages all parts of your brain as long as its not fukking Hot Cross Buns on the Recorder. Emotion and memory (Hippocampus/Temporal Lobe), Visualization of the notes you're playing (Occipital), Rhythm (Frontal) and so on and so forth. Even listening to anything and just discerning between the guitar, the bass, the melody is great!

PhotoStudying This is a new technique that many of the most brilliant med students have kept on the DL. Look it up online. If you're taking a class the jist of it is this. You get into a relaxed state for maximal thought absorption. Then you read the T.o.C, the index, the subtitles, the headings, the pictures. Then you find trigger words. Then you actually relax your eyes and look at the page and flip each one at once a second (serious). Then you review. It sounds ludicrous but it is VERY bang for the buck effective. You could devour books this way.

Another thing.
    Intuition

Irrationality

There are ways to train your gut to the point where in the brief span of seven blinks you CAN form a decision that is more accurate than a full out pros/cons chart. There are many mistakes in judgment people make. There are many mistakes so called reasonable people make in day to day decision making. Once you acknowledge it, your mind can be a computer and really filter out the BS like the booing crowd and drain that freethrow (find the truth.. the essence)

Favorite

youarenotsosmart.com

Another thing you all need to understand is that, you *ARE physically and molecularly speaking* a different person than you were a few years ago. Don't let anyone tell you that "that's not you" or "you're not this" or "you're such and such" You have every right in the world to becoem whatever the fukk you want to be. The shallow thrive on their ability to categorize, compartmentalize and shift certain characters into certain bubbles to help figure out their mental framework of the world.

It is up to you to defy expectations!

If you want to be an upstanding citizen by day, and then some kind of troublemakin renegade at night.. by all means go ahead.
    If you want to be a hipster and a devout Christian.. go ahead.
    If you want to be a bodybuilder and a gamer.. go ahead.
    If you want to be gay and not flamboyant.. go ahead.

Sky'z the limit. Choose the role you want to play in this life.

Alpha, infertility requires to quality of sperm. Huge difference between a chainsmoking stressed out person and a healthy happy person. They are goign to conceive a child with a weaker immune system. Autistic rates are on the rise man. Future generation lies on adults lifestyle choices.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 03-05-2013 at 04:46 PM.

^^^
    Quality post as always

As for the photo studying I couldn't find anything on the webz. So basically get in a relaxed state, read the intro/titles/photos and then quickly go through every page? Than do a review?

Curious about that

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    ^^^
    Quality post as always

As for the photo studying I couldn't find anything on the webz. So basically get in a relaxed state, read the intro/titles/photos and then quickly go through every page? Than do a review?

Curious about that
    http://www.yjqtsg.com/newbookyj/lan/....R.Scheele.pdf

This is cool because the only text you need to read has a picture of einstein ridinga bike on its margin. Zip through this brotha. Get them A's. Stack up dat $$$. And get yourself a harem of Albanian females.