Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    and this is why the idea of there being tons of $ for nba ballers to just go take over there is silly. That is basically the qualifying offer to retain rights for a late lotto pick coming out of his rookie contract and nearly 1.5 million less than the mid-level salary in the nba.

I kinda hope he doesnt take it, because I think he would be a very fun player to watch on dallas.
    So you are saying, "that is basically the qualifying offer to retain rights for a late lotto pick coming out of his rookie contract and nearly 1.5 million less than the mid-level salary in the nba" - that this is the same as $26 million NET INCOME?....................

Seriously, I hope you are joking.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-03-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Default Re: Rudy Fernandez offered monster 6 year/$26 million contract by Real Madrid

The biggest salary ever in the most successful euro league is = to the QO for a mid-first round draft pick.
    That is completely untrue. Josh Childress was making 4.8 million euros per season net income with Olympiacos. That is not far from a max NBA contract. No mid first round draft pick in NBA history has ever made anything close to that in a rookie scale contract.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Where are you getting this 4+ million number? I think it's a lot less.
    the website that shall not be named's nba salary charts. thats what the other charts report as well. google nba salary and look at any of them.

Regardless of whether its the qualifying offer for the 15th pick or the 12th pick is besides the point. The point is that the salaries in europe are not comparable to those in the US. The idea that there are tens of millions to be had by nba ballers in europe for one year contracts is absurd and not grounded in reality.

As to that being a post tax net figure, I have not seen it reported as such, though I do sometimes see euro salaries reported as such. so, even as such (lets say 39mil/6 years -1.5 times the reported #), his average salary over the 6 years is still less than the average salary of a MLE over 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    That is completely untrue. Josh Childress was making 4.8 million euros per season net income with Olympiacos. That is not far from a max NBA contract. No mid first round draft pick in NBA history has ever made anything close to that in a rookie scale contract.
    wait. Josh Childress is your positive example? Why are you such an angry little man?

the website that shall not be named's nba salary charts. thats what the other charts report as well. google nba salary and look at any of them.

Regardless of whether its the qualifying offer for the 15th pick or the 12th pick is besides the point. The point is that the salaries in europe are not comparable to those in the US. The idea that there are tens of millions to be had by nba ballers in europe for one year contracts is absurd and not grounded in reality.

As to that being a post tax net figure, I have not seen it reported as such, though I do sometimes see euro salaries reported as such. so, even as such (lets say 39mil/6 years -1.5 times the reported #), his average salary over the 6 years is still less than the average salary of a MLE over 5 years.
    Salaries in Europe are listed as NET INCOME.

Please list the links that show that even the #1 draft pick of the NBA gets that much.

You will need to show that the #1 draft pick of the NBA, NETS TO HIS POCKET, after taxes, agent fees, NBA union fees, and NBA retirement fees......an average of over $5 million per season.

wait. Josh Childress is your positive example? Why are you such an angry little man?
    You claimed that Childress was making, "= to the QO for a mid-first round draft pick."

So 4.8 million euros per season net income is "= to the QO for a mid-first round draft pick."

Oh really?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I still remember getting killed for saying Fernandez would be nothing special in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    I still remember getting killed for saying Fernandez would be nothing special in the NBA
    Rudy Fernandez was, in all honesty, a very overrated player when he was in Europe. He is very good with Spain's national team. But, with his club team's he has always been really overrated.

He would be really overpaid in Real Madrid at that salary. He would not even be close to the best player in the ACB/Euroleague. Top 20? Maybe. #1? No freaking way.

He would be really overpaid in Real Madrid at that salary. He would not even be close to the best player in the ACB/Euroleague. Top 20? Maybe. #1? No freaking way.
    I don't think they are signing him to being a top 5 European player. I honestly believe its more of a publicity more. Not only are they stealing away a NBA player but they are bringing back Rudy who was/is very popular in Spain.

I think they'll expect top 20 play from Rudy. Anything better than that is icing on the cake to them.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore dbronx42's Avatar

Thanks for Jordan Hamilton sucka's!!

I don't think they are signing him to being a top 5 European player. I honestly believe its more of a publicity more. Not only are they stealing away a NBA player but they are bringing back Rudy who was/is very popular in Spain.

I think they'll expect top 20 play from Rudy. Anything better than that is icing on the cake to them.
    Remember that Rudy was the ACB MVP in his last year at Badalona.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Remember that Rudy was the ACB MVP in his last year at Badalona.
    Bottom line it for me, will Rudy Fernandez be a top 5 Euroleague player?

Bottom line it for me, will Rudy Fernandez be a top 5 Euroleague player?
    Eventually, not .. there will be much more competition this year.

I rule the local playground

Salaries in Europe are listed as NET INCOME.
    You will need to show that the #1 draft pick of the NBA, NETS TO HIS POCKET, after taxes, agent fees, NBA union fees, and NBA retirement fees......an average of over $5 million per season.
    Are you sure about that?
    Spain used to have a law that exempted sports stars from paying taxes (lex Beckham). But now they're paying 43% taxes again, so I'd be really surprised if Madrid was actually offering Rudy around 8 million / year (net income + taxes + agent fees + other stuff).
    Last edited by brain drain; 07-04-2011 at 07:46 AM.

You claimed that Childress was making, "= to the QO for a mid-first round draft pick."

So 4.8 million euros per season net income is "= to the QO for a mid-first round draft pick."

Oh really?
    see, this is why you fail everytime at ISH. You make some ridiculous claim that the poster you are arguing with never made. I never once mention childress except in a reply to you (where I make no mention on $ or contracts or anything).

Also, if Childress' had such a great deal, why'd he decline his player option?

Again, even if the gross salary is 1.5 times the reported net (which seems a reasonable starting point), rudy will make the same as a MLE player in his third year. and this is the biggest (or tied with the biggest) contract in the best euro league. Thats the point.