Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Dragon Ball GT doesn't count. Actually, nothing after the Saiyan Saga really counts either. Vegeta was the final, and most powerful villain.
    Then who's the dude in your avy?

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    A spooky ghost.
    Oh my goodness gracious me

Akira wanted to stop the series at the Frieza saga, originally, because of the build up to him. He was considered the most powerful warrior in the entire universe and only a Super Saiyajin could defeat him, while leaving Goku's life in the balance when Namek was going to blow up a mystery, whether he survived or not.

However, because of the fans and the growing popularity of Dragon Ball Z, the Cell saga came about. Only this time, Gohan would become the most powerful warrior, surpassing all the Z Fighters, including Goku. So then, the Cell Saga was going to be the final saga, but again... more fans wanted to see Goku as the hero over Gohan.

Akira made one more Saga, in the Buu Saga and pleased not only the fans but himself. Goku does kill Buu, but he keeps Gohan as the strongest fighter (non-fusion) in the universe. After that, Akira was done making Dragonball manga/anime. Toei Animation would make the final anime series in GT and you can see why it fails to compare to the original work, without Akira's direction (though, I thought it wasn't that bad, standing on it's own...).

Random notes:
    - Gohan was the strongest figher at the end of the saga (not counting GT).
    - SSJ Vegeto is the strongest fighter in all of the saga (not counting GT).
    - Akria, I believe, said his favourite character in the saga is Gotenks.
    - Akira said the events after Dragonball Z of the remaining characters fate, that Vegeta would be the first to die (due to high blood pressure; he was joking) and Dende would be the last to die (I think he mentions that he's like a son figure to him).

Anybody here watched the Dragonball-Z movies ? Any favourites ? Anyyou hate ?

The ones with Broly and Cooler were pretty cool.
    I like the 2 Cooler movies too, especially the 2nd one.

The first Broly movie was the best of the Broly trilogy. The 2nd one was okay, I like the final battle scene, but the last one sucked.

The last 2 movies are really good. The one with Gogeta and the last one where Goku is doing the Dragon-Fist as a SSJ3.

I hadn't seen those. I might check them out. But I can never get back into dbz. I loved it when I was a kid, but when I try to watch it again I just shake my head.
    If you are going to check them out, the English names are called "Fusion Reborn" and "Wrath of the Dragon".

Have you tried watching the Japanese original and not the dubbed version ? I did and it makes so much difference... I couldn't believe how much the dubbed version (when they first came out) watered down the dialogue and added so much cheesy lines.

You could try doing that, if you haven't already.

National High School Star

The Cell series is awful. Frieza series is the best by far.

Banned

the GOAT animation imo

dragonball online exists, like world of warcraft only in DBZ world. Hopefully it comes to English

I'm watching it right now! Just finished watching the Vegeta/Goku battle, Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma are about to leave for Namek. I agree with the general consensus that the Namek/Frieza sagas were the best, but I think some of you guys are selling the last couple of arcs short. Gohan going SS2 is one of the best moments in the series, and Gotenks is one of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    I'm watching it right now! Just finished watching the Vegeta/Goku battle, Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma are about to leave for Namek. I agree with the general consensus that the Namek/Frieza sagas were the best, but I think some of you guys are selling the last couple of arcs short. Gohan going SS2 is one of the best moments in the series, and Gotenks is one of my favorite characters.

can't sell this moment short either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbGa2JvdYw

"and this, is to go even further beyond!"

also i love how the power levels are in the billions

after it was a big deal that goku was over 9 thousand!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris

this comment is so true:
    "Just thinking about how stupid his voice actor must have looked like in the studio."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_9S9iSJ2Sc

thats some screaming, but nothing like the super saiyan three scream.

one guy says he passed out in the booth once

I can't even last half the time of his shortest screaming session in the link at a quarter volume, there's no way he's screaming full force for that long in one shot lol.

To go back to what we were talking about, I even think GT is underrated. I watched maybe 5 episodes the first time I saw it after watching Z and hated it until I went back and watched the original Dragon Ball first. Went back to GT and didn't find it as annoying. Baby Vegeta might be one of my favorite villains in the entire series.
    Last edited by code green; 09-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    I can't even last half the time of his shortest screaming session in the link at a quarter volume, there's no way he's screaming full force for that long in one shot lol.

To go back to what we were talking about, I even think GT is underrated. I watched maybe 5 episodes the first time I saw it after watching Z and hated it until I went back and watch the original Dragon Ball first. Went back to GT and didn't find it as annoying. Baby Vegeta might be one of my favorite villains in the entire series.
    dragonball goku, and oolong are the best...

i still remember the pig wishing for a new pair of womens underwear!

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I thought SSJ3 and SSJ4 were dumb transformations. I don't mind the idea of ascended transformations, even though I feel like it was used as a deus ex to just pull them out so they could hang with characters who were just stupid strong, (and then everyone could do it). But the visual concepts of 3 and 4 were silly to me.

what do you think about people who argue that yusuke urameshi could beat goku?

to those who have seen both, what saga do you think yusuke would have a chance?

i'd say that raditz could beat yusuke at the end of three kings.

NBA lottery pick

I wish Gohan didn't turn into such a square after he beat cell. SS2 Gohan is the most badass character ever!