Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

The Miami Cheat are a farce and disrespect to the competitiveness of the game. They still can't matchup with us.

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    it's business when a team trades a player, but when a free agent signs with another team it's personal
    That's not the issue here.

You don't quit on your team in the playoffs only to create an All-Star team a month later because "you want to win".

And you don't hold an entire organization hostage in the process.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

What makes the Cavs think Lebron is obligated to stay? His contract expired...

Made that high school varsity squad

i see nothing wrong with lebron going to heat.. he's a grown man.. but he didn't have to do all this on tv.. basically slapped the cavs in the face..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    That's not the issue here.

You don't quit on your team in the playoffs only to create an All-Star team a month later because "you want to win".

And you don't hold an entire organization hostage in the process.
    in regards to lebron's playoff performance, to me, that just adds salt to the already wide open wounds. even if these past playoffs were different im sure lebron would still leave for the heat, and gilbert would be just as butthurt no matter what. and unfortunately proceed to write an irrational raging letter just with different subject matter. i hope cavs change their website, because right now it looks like an old crappy personal geocities webpage

lebron held multiple organizations hostage, because thats what free agency is. a player is not at liberty to have an answer right away, hence the negotiations period. he was a free agent, and did not belong to any team. if he did not have a concrete decision made, noone should hold that against him

Decent college freshman

I hate Lebron more than most people. but Dan Gilbert sounds like the biggest biatch on the planet. The dude needs to reach down his pants and make sure his pen!s is intact cause his balls are not.
    Last edited by heyhey; 07-09-2010 at 02:27 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

it's business when a team trades a player, but when a free agent signs with another team it's personal
    Well it would be kind of personal. What Bron did was the equivalent of say

Mark Cuban arm in arm with Al Jefferson on the Mavs team bus after a game in Minnesota with Nowitzki standing in a snowstorm in front of the closed bus door and Cuban throwing his bag and 100 dollars at him: Oh Dirk we traded you to Minnesota, buy yourself a coat.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

in regards to lebron's playoff performance, to me, that just adds salt to the already wide open wounds. even if these past playoffs were different im sure lebron would still leave for the heat, and gilbert would be just as butthurt no matter what. and unfortunately proceed to write an irrational raging letter just with different subject matter. i hope cavs change their website, because right now it looks like an old crappy personal geocities webpage

lebron held multiple organizations hostage, because thats what free agency is. a player is not at liberty to have an answer right away, hence the negotiations period. he was a free agent, and did not belong to any team. if he did not have a concrete decision made, noone should hold that against him
    So... You are on record as saying that you think LeBron and his 'team' handled this well?

Stunning.

It is probably the biggest "f#ck you" a player has given a team and city in sports history. I can't think of a worse one.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    So... You are on record as saying that you think LeBron and his 'team' handled this well?

Stunning.

It is probably the biggest "f#ck you" a player has given a team and city in sports history. I can't think of a worse one.
    I'll agree with this, but I really don't think this whole TV press event was LeBron's idea.

It totally reeks of something Mav Carter or whatever the hell his name is would cook up.

LeBron did not look like he wanted to be up there at all, even the ESPN guys said he didn't look happy right at the beginning of the telecast. He smiled like once during the whole hour.

James needs to ditch his high school friends. They're clearly morons.

Sooner or later, Cleveland fans will realize LeBron James is the best player in their franchise history. And you just can't hate on your best player in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    I'll agree with this, but I really don't think this whole TV press event was LeBron's idea.
    Yeah, I'm sure LeBron hated all the attention he got. That's just not him.

Banned

Stunning.

no, im just saying a free agent can do whatever he likes, and doesn't 'belong' to any team. im not defending how he came to a decision or how he declared his decision. just defending the fact that he has a right to make the decision on his own, and not be contractually obligated to any team. in regards to his connection to the city and state as an important figure is a different subject. he clearly made a basketball only decision, and it's definitely disheartening to see for him to leave 'home' like that

as for how he went about doing it, i don't condone it, nor did i say i did, i hated 'the decision' and it's publicity/tv segment as much as the next guy.

i thought the notion of lebron and his "team" was terribly stupid, ever since he mentioned it in the post game conference after cavs got eliminated by boston. but, i think everyone knew thats the kind of guy lebron was
    Last edited by jaydacris; 07-09-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Dan Gilbert ftw!!

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Not mad he left but the way he left. He couldnt even call up Gilbert to tell him that he was leaving? went on tv to say it for what purpose? to kill cleveland even more?

He a hell of a player but he grimey how he kept cleveland in the dark

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    The Miami Cheat are a farce and disrespect to the competitiveness of the game. They still can't matchup with us.
    Yeah. Too bad Cleveland doesn't have "friends" that do them favors like giving them Pau Gasol for peanuts.

Remember when Michael took Magic's crown away in '91 and never looked back?

It'll be 10x more painful when LeBron and Wade do it to Kobe. Enjoy.