Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I hope Shaq sees what KG and Duncan are doing right now...

Shaq is one of the best centers ever. He played the game like no one else....no one got beat up and hacked like he did.

And we have a lazy, fat, half crazy poster dissing him when he couldn't even make his 6th grade team, smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Shaq is one of the best centers ever. He played the game like no one else....no one got beat up and hacked like he did.

And we have a lazy, fat, half crazy poster dissing him when he couldn't even make his 6th grade team, smh.
    That's half of ISH in a nutshell, my dude.

Very good NBA starter

Shaq pretty much became a TV announcer within hours of retiring

He should have called it quits a couple of seasons - and teams - before he did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Uh... he's only 4 years older than both of them.
    HUGE difference in the basketball world! That's 328 more games not including preseason and postseason!

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Yes, Shaq's size helped him to dominate. But if he could have developed more skill like Duncan and KG along with staying in shape so he could play more (I mean the guy sat out A LOT during the regular season in the later half of his career) he could have been even better.

I'm not saying he sucked. He retired with 4 championships and was the most physically dominating center in the history of the NBA. But I just wonder if he had a better work ethic how much better he could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

This coming from a guy who defended Eddy Curry as if he wasn't the laziest, fattest NBA player ever.

F*ck off dude. Seriously.
    Last edited by ConanRulesNBC; 12-09-2012 at 04:59 PM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    36 yr old Shaq actually had better numbers than what Garnett is putting up now. 36 yr old Duncan's still ahead of both though.
    No their not. KG have the best FT %

I love how Shaq retires and now everyone defends him like he was so perfect. Come on, after he won that last championship in Miami he became fat and lazy. Actually he was fat and lazy after he won his first championship in LA but managed to win two more and then became so fat and lazy he couldn't win another one in LA. He only got motivated again for two more seasons in Miami and could only win one more championship.

Come on. Enough defending him already. The guy was a lazy fat f*ck in the later half of his career and if he had the work ethic of Duncan and KG he could have been so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    OP is one of the most unintelligent people on this board, if not the most. I've never seen him make a decent thread.
    I don't even know what threads you've made. But you sound like a major douchebag so I don't really give a shit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    and that was with being over weight. Imagine if he had actually stayed in shape in the later half of his career what he could have been doing.

I think Shaq, at 40, if he was still in shape right now could easily be putting up 15/10.
    What about the pounding he took through out his career in the paint? Yes, he was lazy but you gotta factor in his style of play. His weight and size.

Yao, who isn't fat and was a hardworker, couldn't even play pass the age of 30 because he couldn't get his left foot fixed.

For Shaq for to play nearly 20 seasons is quite remarkable. At 36, his 2008-09 season in Phoenix looked impressive. 75 games, 17.8PPG, 8.4 RPG, 60%FG
    10 games above .500 but missed the playoffs b/c of the stacked WC.

Very good NBA starter

The only thing remarkable is that he played for 6 different teams and tried to piggy back his way to championships. His legacy didn't even need that. People who are impressed by how many seasons he played should seriously go back and watch him in the last 2-3 years. Just because he was on the court doesn't mean he should have been or was helping in any serious way.

The bigger problem is that he is borderline retarded

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    The only thing remarkable is that he played for 6 different teams and tried to piggy back his way to championships. His legacy didn't even need that. People who are impressed by how many seasons he played should seriously go back and watch him in the last 2-3 years. Just because he was on the court doesn't mean he should have been or was helping in any serious way.
    He played well during the 2010 Playoffs for the Cavs, especially against the Celtics. He was their only consistent player outside of LeBron in that series.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    He played well during the 2010 Playoffs for the Cavs, especially against the Celtics. He was their only consistent player outside of LeBron in that series.
    13 and 5 with nearly 4 fouls and 2 turnovers a game... clearly he was just a shell of himself. Personally I think he should have retired after that season or the season before. His longevity had nothing to do with him still be a winning piece or serviceable big, and everything to do with his humongous ego. I don't think he needed to play until his wheels fell off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    13 and 5 with nearly 4 fouls and 2 turnovers a game... clearly he was just a shell of himself. Personally I think he should have retired after that season or the season before. His longevity had nothing to do with him still be a winning piece or serviceable big, and everything to do with his humongous ego. I don't think he needed to play until his wheels fell off.
    13-5 on 23.5 MPG was more than what most people expected out of him. Personal fouls don't mean a thing in a playoff series like that(against the Celtics style). He only had 10 TO's in 6 games; 1.6 average, not 2.

Everybody knew he couldn't play night in, night out 82+ games a season but he was still valuable for the playoffs. As bad as he looked, he was probably still better than half of the starting centers in the league during his final 2-3 seasons.