Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease spursrule's Avatar

Default Re: April 20: Playoffs round 1, Grizzlies at Spurs, Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He sucks. (Note: i like him as a player, i know he's a good guy, i mean as an announcer.) I dont like how WE look right now. Its not WE. You are not on the ****ing team. YOu have not been for a long time.

Note: Its not just being a homer. He's not adding anything, he's almost incoherent in that he tries so desparately to not allow anything negative to come out. He's a shitty announcer.
    Actually, he is a really good announcer, extremely knowledgable, highly intelligent. And his criticisms are accurate, like the lack of offensive ball movement for the Spurs game one was costly.

Glad GINOBILI is back

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggle
    So you've never talked to you friend and said something like, "I cant believe we lost to the clippers" after a game? I'm sure 99% of the people on this board refer to their team as we when talking to friends, and Sean Elliot actually has a Spurs jersey with his name on it without the numbers being 0.
    This. Almost everyone here uses the word we when talking about the team they root for. I dont like using that word when im talking about the spurs. I always refer to them as "the spurs" since i am just a fan. But it doesnt bother me that people do that.

Very good NBA starter

He sucks. (Note: i like him as a player, i know he's a good guy, i mean as an announcer.) I dont like how WE look right now. Its not WE. You are not on the ****ing team. YOu have not been for a long time.

Note: Its not just being a homer. He's not adding anything, he's almost incoherent in that he tries so desparately to not allow anything negative to come out. He's a shitty announcer.
    no offense man, but this just sounds like typical, bitter, niko

you're complaining about a guy who was a part of the first ever championship spurs team, somebody who's jersey is hanging in the rafters, somebody who has been close to the franchise and city for over a decade referring to himself as part of the organization... cry me a river man

Banned

niko is a top 5 spurs hater

he is so bitter lol

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    no offense man, but this just sounds like typical, bitter, niko

you're complaining about a guy who was a part of the first ever championship spurs team, somebody who's jersey is hanging in the rafters, somebody who has been close to the franchise and city for over a decade referring to himself as part of the organization... cry me a river man
    I fail to see how any of that is relevant. Are you saying i'm right but he gets a pass on sucking as an announcer?

He's a great player. He's a terrible announcer. AWFUL. He is not a member of the team now. He doesn't announce what's going on. He says "we are not playing well - we need to find something inside". "I don't like our body language out there". He also said in the 4th qtr for a few minutes that Memphis was losing because "they were not greedy enough to get two". Not that SA was better, which i thought, but that Memphis didn't really care to win.

HE SUCKED. Total homer announcer. If that makes you happy then so be it. I don't like my announcers to sound like a message boy fan defending their team. There is a difference between giving the perspective of the home team, and rooting for the home team. He roots.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease spursrule's Avatar

I fail to see how any of that is relevant. Are you saying i'm right but he gets a pass on sucking as an announcer?

He's a great player. He's a terrible announcer. AWFUL. He is not a member of the team now. He doesn't announce what's going on. He says "we are not playing well - we need to find something inside". "I don't like our body language out there". He also said in the 4th qtr for a few minutes that Memphis was losing because "they were not greedy enough to get two". Not that SA was better, which i thought, but that Memphis didn't really care to win.

HE SUCKED. Total homer announcer. If that makes you happy then so be it. I don't like my announcers to sound like a message boy fan defending their team. There is a difference between giving the perspective of the home team, and rooting for the home team. He roots.
    whatever, haters gonna hate.

Learning to shoot layups Hoggle's Avatar

I fail .
    i find your posts not as interesting as they once were when you changed your avatar to someone who isn't a hot asain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggle
    i find your posts not as interesting as they once were when you changed your avatar to someone who isn't a hot asain.
    He's a shit announcer. You people are such homers. "He was a great Spur". Yes he was. He hit one of the clutchest sickest most ridiculous shots i ever saw. He came back from something wrong with him physically that people don't come back from. He was a sick player.

But he sucks ass as an announcer. I hate homer announcers and he's a ridiculous homer announcer. Any announcer who speaks of being part of the team and roots for the team when something is wrong sucks ass. Sorry...

and i can't help my avi, i just discovered for some reason im a huge Man U fan. It happens. ill change it to Sean Elliot next so you can all worship me.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Do you honestly believe this is unique to Sean? A lot of former players doing color commentary for their former teams say "we." It's something they don't do on purpose to make people like you asshurt so easily.

Drexler with Houston, Wilkens with Atlanta, Carr with Cleveland, Dan Majerie when he was doing color with the Suns, etc.

I can go on.

Hey dumbass. He's a color commentator for the local broadcasts of Spurs games. His style isn't based on having to appease people like you. 99 percent of the people watching a broadcast he is on, are Spurs fans. I'm sorry it ticked you off to watch the game on NBA tv and hear him commentate. Well, actually I'm not.

You know who else says "WE" when doing color for the Spurs? Malik Rose.

Maybe Sean coughed on him and spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Do you honestly believe this is unique to Sean? A lot of former players doing color commentary for their former teams say "we." It's something they don't do on purpose to make people like you asshurt so easily.

Drexler with Houston, Wilkens with Atlanta, Carr with Cleveland, Dan Majerie when he was doing color with the Suns, etc.

I can go on.
    Not at all. I hate the Celtic announcers too. There are a ton of them. The Nets announcers found 1,000 great things to talk about last year when the team quit in game 6. I was talking about THIS game. Basically i'm being told
    1) Don't criticize because he was great player.
    2) Don't criticize because he was great Spur.
    3) Don't criticize because other announcers are annoying ass homers too.

Give me a break. I DON'T like him as an announcer. He spent 5 minutes explaining how the Spurs were winning ebcause Memphis didn't take seriously their chance to win both games. That's a load of crap. SA is the better team, they simply beat Memphis by out executing them down the stretch. T

But he sucks ass as an announcer. I hate homer announcers and he's a ridiculous homer announcer. Any announcer who speaks of being part of the team and roots for the team when something is wrong sucks ass. Sorry...
    So because you hate him as an announcer, he sucks ass as an announcer? You're so full of yourself.

Hey dumbass. He's a color commentator for the local broadcasts of Spurs games. His style isn't based on having to appease people like you. 99 percent of the people watching a broadcast he is on, are Spurs fans. I'm sorry it ticked you off to watch the game on NBA tv and hear him commentate. Well, actually I'm not.

You know who else says "WE" when doing color for the Spurs? Malik Rose.

Maybe Sean coughed on him and spread the word.
    If the Knick announcers ever said "WE ARE LOSING" i'd crap on them too. You like homer announcers waving the pom poms. That's great. I do not.

So because you hate him as an announcer, he sucks ass as an announcer? You're so full of yourself.
    He sucks ass as an announcer. Totally my opinion. He didn't give me any real insight on the Spurs, he rooted for them openly, he told me Memphis could have won if only they cared about winning 2 games, etc. I'm sure he has thousands of interesting stories and anectotes about the Spurs, Duncan, Pop which would be great but instead he gives me "I don't like our body langauge out there". "If only we can make a stop here we'll be fine".

You like him. More power to you. I don't like being given a spin job. Especially since the Spurs have been so good, why does it appeal to you an announcer who wants to protect you from thinking they are flawed at all?

The announcer is supposed to blend into the background and at the same time add to the experience, give you things you can't see. He sounded like Sinjackal arguing on the message board. WE'LL BE FINE! HERE COMES OUR RUN!

[QUOTE=niko]Not at all. I hate the Celtic announcers too. There are a ton of them. The Nets announcers found 1,000 great things to talk about last year when the team quit in game 6. I was talking about THIS game. Basically i'm being told

1) Don't criticize because he was great player.
    2) Don't criticize because he was great Spur.
    3) Don't criticize because other announcers are annoying ass homers too.
    Criticize all you want, that'll all you've done so far.

Just don't get asshurt when people call you out on it.

The problem with people like you who think their opinions matter more than others and in turn are somehow "fact" is that you don't understand that your opinion is just that, your opinion.

Give me a break. I DON'T like him as an announcer. He spent 5 minutes explaining how the Spurs were winning ebcause Memphis didn't take seriously their chance to win both games. That's a load of crap.
    He spent five minutes during the game and talked about one subject. Hyperbole? Nah... I'm sure he spent five minutes discussing why and how the Grizzlies were losing. Do you believe that BS yourself?