Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Byron Scott FIRED

Well he really did have them playing like straight **** so far. They should be better than they have been so far.

ANyway, Scott will find a new position.

Scott isn't the main reason why the hornets are struggling, but he is accountable for his own decisions.

He has crap rotations. They drafted Collison to help CP out at point, and Thornton to help out with off guard scoring. What does Scott do? Never plays them. Last night was the first time I saw them on the court outside junk minutes.

Scott plays scrubs like Devin Brown and Mo-Pete as STARTERS instead of giving somebody who could contrubte the minutes. They may not be ready, but what is better: a guy who is raw and needs to grow, but will show some effort, OR a scrub who will NOT produce at all?

He continues to play Hilton Armstrong, who is a smaller, weaker version of Kwame Brown.

Scott has a vanilla offense and it doesn't work with that team. He has to rely on shooters who can't shoot. There's no motion, no cutting, no nothing which might compensate for the lack of players who can create their own shots.

His game management is horrible. He hardly ever adjusts, and doesn't call timeouts that often or draw up plays that work out of timeouts.

Players have tuned him out. I think last season was the last straw, and I don't see how players can buy into BS after getting trounced by Denver.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Dunleavy needs to be replaced with Scott as a coach. LAC would benefit because Scott is a PG-oriented coach and they have a really good PG in Davis.
    didn't scott and davis already have problems working together or is my memory of that time frame wrong? was that before scott got to new orleans?

Local High School Star browntown's Avatar

He did a great job with the Nets makes them a Contender brings them to the finals twice a couple of seasons later he get's canned, goes to NOH makes them a contender and a couple seasons later he get fired.

See the trend lol!

that team sucks regardless. Firing Scott provides the appearance that something is being done. The next coach will fare no better.

Turns out Hornets replaced Byron Scott with Lawrence Frank.

Wait...how did that happen?

TRADE HIM FOR DUNLEAVY! cmon byron LA wants you!

I agree with the general sentiment that Scott was a scape goat... He's a good coach and he'll find other work.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Wow, that was quick.

GM Jeff Bower is the new head coach. Tim Floyd is brought back as an assistant.

I like it. Sometimes you need a new coach just to fire up the engine when things are not running smoothly. I belive Posey and Peja are great players and I would like to see them starting. I'm glad that they fired him this early, so they atleast got a chanse to fight for a playoff spot if they suddenly would get the team going. Instead of losing a lot of games, and then Janury comes and they get a new coach and they still cant win. I belive it was a good move

Well its about time. Those players were not responding to him and he just doesn't fit anymore with that team.

I have never been sold Scott is all that great as a coach. I think he has been lucky to land a prime Kidd on the Nets and a prime Chris Paul on the Hornets. Both of those guys run the offense single handedly.

Good move. Too much talent to be this bad? No? No? Wee? Si? Que? Ey?

McCants is Available!!

Dude gave Bobby fckn Brown Kobe like freedom on offense. Yeah, it was about time for him to get fired.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    Dude gave Bobby fckn Brown Kobe like freedom on offense. Yeah, it was about time for him to get fired.
    Dude was jacking 30 foot threes all game against Boston.