Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default Re: Who's better?: Nets vs Clipper?

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    Just because they were hit with injuries and left with mediocre players we can't discuss who the better team is? I do think Clippers are better right now but your reasoning sucks and your post is sillier.
    Clippers were hit with injuries last season too.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

This thread is an insult to the Clippers who are on the verge of being title contenders while the Nets are mostly likely going to be a #5 seed at best.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nycelt84
    This thread is an insult to the Clippers who are on the verge of being title contenders while the Nets are mostly likely going to be a #5 seed at best.
    Exactly what I'm saying. Nets have great potential and should be a good team that grabs a mid seed but if they played in the west they would be the 7th best team maybe. They need a year or two to build chemistry and hopefully Robin Lopez will start rebounding better.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    lol please. try losing 2nd best player on the team for the entire season..while the 3rd best being acquired later part of the season. Last time I checked Blake didn't miss a game.

lol please. try losing 2nd best player on the team for the entire season..while the 3rd best being acquired later part of the season. Last time I checked Blake didn't miss a game.
    I understand losing 2nd best player but don't forget the Clippers had to integrate TEN new players last season with no training camp. 3 were acquired two weeks or less before season started and a few more were added during the season .

Clippers had their 3rd best player out all but 19 games last season as well in a MUCH tougher conference. With Billups the Clippers were the 2nd seed in the WEST and number 1 offense in the league. Without him they finished 5th. Billups>Lopez in terms of on the court impact that this stage IMO. Lopez is a great scorer but his rebounding, defense and impact are subpar.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-07-2012 at 03:58 PM.

this is like asking who's the better rapper jay z or donald sterling

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I understand losing 2nd best player but don't forget the Clippers had to integrate TEN new players last season with no training camp. 3 were acquired two weeks or less before season started and a few more were added during the season (3 were added in free agency, 2 drafted).

Clippers had their 3rd best player out all but 19 games last season as well in a MUCH tougher conference. With Billups the Clippers were the 2nd seed in the WEST and number 1 offense in the league. Without him they finished 5th. Billups>Lopez in terms of on the court impact that this stage IMO. Lopez is a great scorer but his rebounding, defense and impact are subpar.
    Didn't stop me from thinking they would be a lot better than they were last season. Griffin got in a minor sophomore slump and DeAndre's potential is starting to look like an illusion. Just like how people say Nets are unproven, Clippers aren't title contenders until I see significant improvement. Let's wait a year to see how these 2 teams really pan out.

Blake against Jersey last year: 25.5 Points | 15.5 Rebounds | 2.5 Assists on 18/30 shooting (60%) in 39 minutes. And he should continue that this year. Who's going to stop him, Brook? Reggie?

This year is gonna be completely different for the Nets, I dunno why y'all are holding on to last season. This Nets team is gonna be a lot different than last years.

Didn't stop me from thinking they would be a lot better than they were last season. Griffin got in a minor sophomore slump and DeAndre's potential is starting to look like an illusion. Just like how people say Nets are unproven, Clippers aren't title contenders until I see significant improvement. Let's wait a year to see how these 2 teams really pan out.
    Considering the coach, 10 new players and so many injuries.... the Clippers beating a very good Memphis team and getting to the 2nd round is right in line with expectations for most people if not slightly better. You don't have to say the Clippers are a title contender.. you just have to see that they are better than the Nets if you're being logical. Nets literally didn't make the playoffs last year and now they can be better right away than a team that made the 2nd round last year banged up as hell?

I'm all for waiting things out with Spurs, Lakers, Thunder, Nuggets, Grizzlies but not teams that didn't make the playoffs last year and that we haven't seen play together yet. Not logical to throw borderline contender or contender in with a team that didn't make playoffs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Blake against Jersey last year: 25.5 Points | 15.5 Rebounds | 2.5 Assists on 18/30 shooting (60%) in 39 minutes. And he should continue that this year. Who's going to stop him, Brook? Reggie?
    Nets don't really have to worry about that. unless they meet in the finals they will only play each other a couple of times. With that said, I think Clippers should be the better team. But, Clippers could lose in the first round because of the immense talent discrepancy between conferences. On the other hand, I could see the Nets making a deep playoff run depending on matchups.

Banned

Is this topic a joke?

The Clippers are close to elite status while the Nets are Eastern Conference first round fodder.

Nets are kind of like the clippers from last year, lot of new pieces and question marks..
    I'll wait to see them play before deciding. Same with the clippers, when they have there full roster available..

Better Topic: America vs. North Korea