Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Lakers only can win once teams are missing star players.
    Oden is not a star

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden injured left knee, needs surgery, season likely over

B-Roy looked great tonight. He's going to play with steam now that Oden is hurt. Watch out NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Here is a picture I found.

This reminds me of the Joe Thiesman injury back in the day....painful to watch.

For those who don't remember it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCXNt4P8Xg

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Love how the cameramen's first reaction is to snap photos stoically.
    Well, that is their job.

Poor guy, wish him the best.

No hate I'm a buckeye and want him to do well....hopefully him being young and 7 feet tall is enough for him to salvage his career...but my gut feeling is that his body makeup is such that he will not make a lasting impression on the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This reminds me of the Joe Thiesman injury back in the day....painful to watch.

For those who don't remember it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCXNt4P8Xg
    cmon. Livingston's knee was worse than Odens, and Joe's leg being snapped in half was worse than both.

Banned

Damn. I hope Oden can play at least a full healthy season in the future. This sucks really bad.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Hey, (very, very) small silver lining for Portland, his contract extension won't cost much.

Good High School Starter

This really sucks, really really sucks.

Just wondering, How do people think that Oden's carrer will turn out now? Opinions & Discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I don't even see where he got injured. It looks as though he landed awkwardly, causing his knee to collapse. Obviously there was something gruesome though, judging by the Rockets' bench reactions.
    It wasn't on his landing, he was already holding his knee when he was in the air... Might have been from bumping Brooks or maybe his knee gave out when he was about to jump

Quote Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT

Just wondering, How do people think that Oden's carrer will turn out now?
    His career is happening as we speak. Three years of mostly wasted Bball. It's not turning out well.

Pritchard will always think what could have been if he took Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
    This really sucks, really really sucks.

Just wondering, How do people think that Oden's carrer will turn out now? Opinions & Discussion?
    I don't know but we do need to give the guy some support. He's tried really hard to come back from the first injury and did very well. After this second injury, It's just sad. Something good has to happen for him after this. I think he should be fine. It'll take time but I think he should come back strong.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Oden's nickname shold be Benjamin Button. He is really a 65 year old man.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

damn, I just heard... man I'm so bumed... He was playing so great but this had to happen...
    I just hope he has a full recovery..

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

Man, I usually don't give a **** about Greg Oden. But man this is really sad. I was watching the game and I noticed the knee cap immediately. Looked nasty. He's probably done now as a decent big man. Poor guy.

Looks nasty.