Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Default Re: Why is the United States so much better at basketball than the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    What truth? I'm afraid to the people who think they own the truth. Say your "truth", and and I will give you my opinion. People who speak the "truth" do not respect other opinions normally.

I respect people's opinions about the TOPIC of the thread

and the ncaa and D1 scholarships have much more to do with the topic than any of the other babble being written here

tried to read and follow this thread but just half assed half baked generalizations and pseudo science

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Why is the United States so much better at basketball than the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    So if what you claim is true, then that explains why they also have lower IQs than other races. Because only the dumbest of the very dumbest were stupid enough to fight to survive to live as a slave for the rest of their lives.

Oh wait...you are talking about "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest".....but wait a minute, that implies that the "genetically best and most superior" survived............

But, the dumbest of the dumbest of the dumbest are actually at the lowest end of the genetic scale.

Oh, and of course, a DNA study done by Harvard actually found that 50% of black NBA players descend directly from a WHITE MAN in the USA.

You and everyone else here that claims this total bullshit are both racist and freaking retarded.
    What does intelligence have to do with anything I just wrote? Believe me, people will do anything to survive, even eat other humans when it all comes down to it. Yes, the genetically superior did survive the extreme hardships the slaves had to encounter... but again this is probably only one of many factors. In reality, the US is the richest country in the world.... it is then that you see people can invest in training for sports, entertainment, and leisure. Tell me Euroleague... where do all the movies you watch come from? Why are you on an american site, do you use a smart phone running android or IOS? Do you use google? Your Euro-superiority complex is really based on nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Barely better with over 300million population than a country with under 3millions ? Wouldn't be proud...

I think you're underrating the depth of talent in the United States.

We sent our b-squad to win the FIBA Championships, and were missing key players in the last Olympics. Even a roster consisting of the 3rd or 4th best rosters we could compile (top 50ish U.S. players) would probably be the favorite in any international competition.

Spain has a great team right now, no doubt, but I question whether or not they will be able to fill the shoes of players like the Gasol Brothers when they retire... while I have little doubt the U.S. will continue to produce top level Basketball talent.

Again, no disrespect to Basketball countries like Lithuania, Argentina, and Spain... I just wanted to point out that while those teams can put together a competitive team, they certainly don't have the depth of the United States.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

same reason why america sucks at soccer

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    What would the Euroleague All-Star team look like?

You can definitively say that team for sure beat team USA? What if team USA had a healthy Wade, Howard, and Rose in place of Davis, Harden, and Iguadola?
    Well, without really looking over the current Euroleague rosters or anything, and just going off the top of my head, it would look something like this:

PG Spanoulis/McCalebb/Huertas
    SG Diamantidis/Teodosic
    SF Printezis/Fernandez
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic
    C Schortsanitis/Krstic/Bourousis

You can change the positions around offensively for a lot of the players, but you could assemble a team like that by defensive assignments.

Juan Carlos Navarro would definitely be in the team over someone like Fernandez, quite easily, but he's had tons of injury problems in the last year and his career appears to be about done. But, if he can come back healthy (not known right now) then you could put him in there over Fernandez, and it would look something like this:

SG Navarro/Teodosic
    SF Diamantidis/Printezis
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic

Either way, a team like the Miami Heat would get beaten by such a team of top Euroleague players about 4-1 in a 7 game series - maybe even swept, and the Heat wouldn't do better than take it to 6 games, at best case scenario.

But really, they would honestly just be fighting not to get swept.

Team USA, whatever players it had, would have all it could handle against such a Euroleague selection. If you added a healthy Navarro into the mix, Team USA would definitely not be favored at all to win a 7 game series in that match up. I think it would be fairly even.

As for the 2012 version of Team USA, that team isn't as good as either of the Euroleague "all star teams" listed above.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-05-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baller562
    What does intelligence have to do with anything I just wrote? Believe me, people will do anything to survive, even eat other humans when it all comes down to it. Yes, the genetically superior did survive the extreme hardships the slaves had to encounter... but again this is probably only one of many factors. In reality, the US is the richest country in the world.... it is then that you see people can invest in training for sports, entertainment, and leisure. Tell me Euroleague... where do all the movies you watch come from? Why are you on an american site, do you use a smart phone running android or IOS? Do you use google? Your Euro-superiority complex is really based on nothing...
    1. Every race has been enslaved before, some of them for FAR LONGER than blacks.

2. Intelligent people would not have allowed themselves to be made slaves for hundreds of years. So, they were stupid people that "survived the hardship". You can't be stupid and also be "genetically superior".

3. Harvard showed through a DNA study that 50% of current American black NBA players are directly descended from white men.

4. The technology you talk about was all created by Germans, and it is now made by Chinese. Americans have nothing to do with any of it, except that a small number of them own the patents and means of production.

5. The US is not even remotely close to being the "richest country in the world".
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-04-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

We sent our b-squad to win the FIBA Championships, and were missing key players in the last Olympics. Even a roster consisting of the 3rd or 4th best rosters we could compile (top 50ish U.S. players) would probably be the favorite in any international competition.

Spain has a great team right now, no doubt, but I question whether or not they will be able to fill the shoes of players like the Gasol Brothers when they retire... while I have little doubt the U.S. will continue to produce top level Basketball talent.

Again, no disrespect to Basketball countries like Lithuania, Argentina, and Spain... I just wanted to point out that while those teams can put together a competitive team, they certainly don't have the depth of the United States.
    2010 USA "B team" would have not gotten past the quarterfinals in 2012. It would have lost to both Lithuania and Argentina in the group stage, and then would have lost to Brazil at the quarterfinals.

If you don't grasp that, then you have a severe lack of general basketball knowledge.

Yes, the USA has much more depth than any other country. But you are completely fooling yourself if you think that 2010 Team USA would have sniffed a medal in 2012.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-04-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Good college starter

Well, without really looking over the current Euroleague rosters or anything, and just going off the top of my head, it would look something like this:

SG Diamantidis/Teodosic
    SF Printezis/Fernandez
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic

You can change the positions around offensively for a lot of the players, but you could assemble a team like that by defensive assignments.

Juan Carlos Navarro would definitely be in the team over someone like Fernandez, quite easily, but he's had tons of injury problems in the last year and
    his career appears to be about done. But, if he can come back healthy (not
    known right now) then you could put him in there over Fernandez, and it would
    look something like this:

SG Navarro/Teodosic
    SF Diamantidis/Printezis
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic

Either way, a team like the Miami Heat would get beaten by such a team of top Euroleague players about 4-1 in a 7 game series - maybe even swept, and the Heat wouldn't do better than take it to 6 games, at best case scenario.

Team USA, whatever players it had, would have all it could handle against such a Euroleague selection. If you added a healthy Navarro into the mix, Team USA would definitely not be favored at all to win a 7 game series in that match up. I think it would be fairly even.

As for the 2012 version of Team USA, that team isn't good as either of the Euroleague "all star teams" listed above.
    So you put the scrubs together and dream about beating USA.

Nigeria would owned that Euroleague team of yours in 7 game series.

If there is any indication, the Eurobasket 2011 was a final between team loaded with NBA players.

I can pick a team from Europe that will sweep those scrubs you called Euroleague All Stars.

PG. Parker, Rubio
    SG Batum, Deng
    SF Kirilenko, Kleiza
    PF Pau Gasol, Nowitzki Ibaka
    C Marc Gasol, Pekovic, Noah

Good college starter

2010 USA "B team" would have not gotten past the quarterfinals in 2012. It would have lost to both Lithuania and Argentina in the group stage, and then would have lost to Brazil at the quarterfinals.

If you don't grasp that, then you have a severe lack of general basketball knowledge.

Yes, the USA has much more depth than any other country. But you are completely fooling yourself if you think that 2010 Team USA would have sniffed a medal in 2012.
    Team USA B team would have mopped the floor with any of those aforementioned teams even in a bad day and would annihilate those slow unathletic scrubs from Greece.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

I would like to add if the game played under NBA rules, other team would have slim chance of upsetting us. We could sent our D squad and will probably obliterate anyone. Hell I can pick players from Los Angeles area and will still beat everybody.
    Last edited by Rooster; 10-04-2012 at 06:50 AM.

SG Diamantidis/Teodosic
    SF Printezis/Fernandez
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic

Juan Carlos Navarro would definitely be in the team over someone like Fernandez, quite easily, but he's had tons of injury problems in the last year and his career appears to be about done. But, if he can come back healthy (not known right now) then you could put him in there over Fernandez, and it would look something like this:

SG Navarro/Teodosic
    SF Diamantidis/Printezis
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic

As for the 2012 version of Team USA, that team isn't good as either of the Euroleague "all star teams" listed above.
    hahahah What a horrible team. In fact five of those players, including four of the five starters (Spanoulis, Diamantidis, Printezis, Schortsanitis) you put on the 1st list were on the Greek Team in 2010 and finished 11th. So five players from this Euroleague selection including the 4 players that you choose of starters couldn't even reach the quarter finals yet add Lorbek and a bench and suddenly they could beat Team USA.

See you have been exposed. How were you predicting Greece would do this summer. Probably challenge for gold and they sucked. Again five of those players on your Euroleague all-star team couldn't even reach top 10 in a global competition and 2010 was a weak field. There's a reason those players aren't in the NBA...they suck and 2010 showed it.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    same reason why america sucks at soccer
    The rest of the US don't give a crap about soccer. Most soccer players I know are the ones who couldn't cut it in baseball, American football, and even basketball.

It's soccer or track and field for lesser American athletes.

Learning to shoot layups

1. Every race has been enslaved before, some of them for FAR LONGER than blacks.

2. Intelligent people would not have allowed themselves to be made slaves for hundreds of years. So, they were stupid people that "survived the hardship". You can't be stupid and also be "genetically superior".

3. Harvard showed through a DNA study that 50% of current American black NBA players are directly descended from white men.

4. The technology you talk about was all created by Germans, and it is now made by Chinese. Americans have nothing to do with any of it, except that a small number of them own the patents and means of production.

5. The US is not even remotely close to being the "richest country in the world".
    Again what does intelligence have to do with my original claim that African Americans have superior ATHLETICISM. Basketball is somewhat cerebral, but not really... that's what the coach is for. Germans are the best engineers, I agree with that... but the greatness of America comes from the brain drain on the rest of the world as well as creating the best environment for creativity and mental stimulation. So your not giving the US any credit for the last century of advancements? Tell me, did the Germans or Chinese ever reach the moon? Who invented the internet you are using right now? Where was the a-bomb invented? Where was the light bulb invented? Who was the first to mass-produce cars? light bulbs? airplanes? computers?

Unless you count the European Union as a country, then the United States is indeed the richest country in the world by a considerable margin.

SG Diamantidis/Teodosic
    SF Printezis/Fernandez
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic

SG Navarro/Teodosic
    SF Diamantidis/Printezis
    PF Lorbek/Mirotic