Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: T.J. Ford done for season. Update: He's retiring from basketball

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    does anybody think that his inury(ies) could have been lessened if he wore padded under gear?

under armour makes compression gear with padding sewn into it....

I've seen the hip protection but do they make tanks with rib and spine padding?

I think they should..... early in wade's career...I predicted that he'd played 5 years max...because he got airborne in weird positions so often
    I'm sure the guy has taken all possibilities into account, but when he's sustained the injuries he has, it's too dangerous to go out there. When he went down from the Baron bump it was pretty scary just seeing him laying there like that. You don't want to risk ending up stuck in a wheelchair

Banned

sad to see about tj. it least he got to retire close to where he played college ball.

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0hMrfg7qg

One of Ford's biggest moments I remember. Good luck in your future endeavor, TJ!

Love TJ, real class guy. Hope he has great success in future endeavors (hopefully being a coach).

Banned

I liked him, I think he was a consistant mismach for defense with his quickness, I always felt sorry for him for those injuries and that he didn't have the career he could.
    Have a good time, TJ Ford.

College superstar

tHIS REALLY SUCKS BECAUSE TJ FORD HAD A SOLID SEASON IN SAN ANTONIO BEFORE GETTING HURT AGAIN.

Go Spurs Go

tj was as good as they get. 4 straight state championships in highschool (something like 1 or 2 losses the whole 4 years)

beasted at UT.. then got hurt. ah well. ill always remember him from his sugarland and UT days with the cornrows and windmill dunks.

Banned

looks like hes joining the spurs front office??

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    tj was as good as they get. 4 straight state championships in highschool (something like 1 or 2 losses the whole 4 years)

beasted at UT.. then got hurt. ah well. ill always remember him from his sugarland and UT days with the cornrows and windmill dunks.

I'm not familiar with the details of Ford's high school career but I do remember him being highly acclaimed, so I appreciate the info. I can't say for sure, but I feel like he made a few appearances in Ball Above All, throwing down some impressive contest dunks.

Maybe I'll see if I can dig them up to confirm.

Banned

I remember hearing about his spinal problems back when he was a Buck(first team). He's basically been dealing with a serious injury for much of his career.

I could see him being a good coach down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I remember hearing about his spinal problems back when he was a Buck(first team). He's basically been dealing with a serious injury for much of his career.
    ever since his collision with al forford (back in around 2008 i think) he has been playing against doctors orders. he was told that he should retire, but he got a few extra years in. hearing him talk about it, he seems thankful that he got to play as long as he did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    ever since his collision with al forford (back in around 2008 i think) he has been playing against doctors orders. he was told that he should retire, but he got a few extra years in. hearing him talk about it, he seems thankful that he got to play as long as he did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z1fySRESrE