Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
    Big time college scorers don't always translate into the NBA. In Spoon's case his points left the day the athleticism left.

A rebounder, and thats about it. Used to score by force, Shaq mini. No offensive game except for put backs and dunks.

I'd like to hear otherwise. Neither of you have proved your point yet. You both happily disagree with me, but refuse to enlighten me on your own Spoon perspectives.
    You're WRONG. You never saw Spoon play then and here is proof of that...

CED reply earlier...

By the time Radja was playing we were getting two-three games a week. Celtics got a bit of airtime, and I didn't even need to see 76er games to make a statement about Weatherspoon,
    Game over.
    Last edited by GOBB; 07-09-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Spoon avg 16ppg, 18ppg 18ppg, 17ppg as a Sixer. Yet had no offensive game.

Guess they are in fairyland as well

You want more links that prove Spoon not only came outta college a scorer, he entered the league and for 4yrs as a Sixer proved he was a scorer! You cant avg that and not have an offensive game. You didnt see Spoon play which you admitted so how can you sit here and DEFEND he wasnt a scorer?

Oh I get it you are giving us the Spoon at the tailend of his career. You're lookin at Spoon when he played for the Rockets and Knicks and basing your silly assessment on that.
    And what did he do to get those points GOBB? I want to hear your opinion, not nba.com's. What did you see GOBB?

NBA Superstar

Ced,

Go back and read the entire thread before posting again.

You'll see how silly you've become

You're WRONG. You never saw Spoon play then and here is proof of that...

CED reply earlier...

Game over.
    Never said I have seen Weatherspoon as a 6er. I'd like to hear your thoughts on him mate.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Ced,

Go back and read the entire thread before posting again.

You'll see how silly you've become
    How silly? I haven't heard a single subjective view from either you or GOBB based on viewing Spoon as a 76er. All I have been fed is stats. I know his stats, and I know what type of player he is. I guess I just understand basketball better than the both of you morons.

Never said I have seen Weatherspoon as a 6er.
    Then how can you sit here and TALK OUT YOUR RECTUM about Spoon not having an offensive game? You completely lost your mind.

You never saw Spoon play and never implied nor said it in any posts. Yet you sat here and talked about Spoon deficiencies, what they were, what he didnt have, what he couldnt do and what he was "a fat tub of lard, back of the bench fodder".

NBA Superstar

I guess so Ced, especially in your world where 18ppg aint ****. Hell that is a world where teams average 200ppg, but stats are useless when compared to personal opinions based on limited viewings of someone late in their 15 year career, a fantasy world. I bet you think Kareem, Walton and a bunch of other people who played longer then they should have sucked too hun Ced, cuz you saw em at the end of their careers

Then how can you sit here and TALK OUT YOUR RECTUM about Spoon not having an offensive game? You completely lost your mind.

You never saw Spoon play and never implied nor said it in any posts. Yet you sat here and talked about Spoon deficiencies, what they were, what he didnt have, what he couldnt do and what he was "a fat tub of lard, back of the bench fodder".
    I still back those statements.

If we are looking at this fro ma debating perspective, neither of you two e-diots have proven anything. Your argument is based o ntrying to discredit me, but no information has come form either of you. As it stands, I'd take my scouting report on Spoon either both of yous, because you haven't submitted one. I assume you are both talking out your @sses, because you have both failed to tell what Spoon's "offensive" game is.

NBA Superstar

for the record I remember Spoon well as a Sixer, I still cant get the image of those ugly rainbow unis out of my head.

All rookie second team (typical for end of the bench fodder?)
    finisher on the break (typical for a fat tub of lard hun Ced?)
    Great rebounder
    Active defender who blocked shots
    post up or penetrate
    not a 3 point threat though, but at 6'7" 270 you want him in the middle

NBA Superstar

I still back those statements.

If we are looking at this fro ma debating perspective, neither of you two e-diots have proven anything. Your argument is based o ntrying to discredit me, but no information has come form either of you. As it stands, I'd take my scouting report on Spoon either both of yous, because you haven't submitted one. I assume you are both talking out your @sses, because you have both failed to tell what Spoon's "offensive" game is.
    how can we be talking out our ass when web links and facts and statistics from the real world, not your opinion based world have been provided

you are arguing that your opnions trump facts

Saw a basketball once

Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I guess so Ced, especially in your world where 18ppg aint ****. Hell that is a world where teams average 200ppg, but stats are useless when compared to personal opinions based on limited viewings of someone late in their 15 year career, a fantasy world. I bet you think Kareem, Walton and a bunch of other people who played longer then they should have sucked too hun Ced, cuz you saw em at the end of their careers
    That is a really bad argument. It is quite obvious to anyone watching players that have gotten older, what their current skill sets are+then add youth (athleticism, speed, fitness).

Kareem and Walton had fantastic skill sets as older players, and adding athleticism, responding time etc, is what they played like when they were younger.

Weatherspoon has no offensive game as an old man, which makes me think he never worked out how to score without brute strength or athleticism.

You have been owned.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

As we have previously mentioned, Ced doesn't actually watch basketball. Remember that when reading what he has to say.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Salto Morale
    Ceds right Gobb and JtotheIzzo it feels like both of you are talking out of you're asses . I remember Weatherspoons game very well, he was a good but not great rebounder for such a short guy and he had a monster 3 point shot at times.
    read the whole thread smart guy.

BTW Spoon almost never shot threes so your opinion is limited in value

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salto Morale
    His career-high for 3-point shooting is 25%. Didn't hit a single one for the last 8 seasons of his career.