Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    For what it's worth, Hill averages 12/11 on 50% per 36 minutes
    Exactly. Jordan Hill can come in and be productive for 15 minutes. Can't really say the same for McRoberts or Murphy.

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Derek Fisher and a first to Houston for Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Wrong. It's Lakers 1st rounder+Fisher for Jordan Hill. This is a pointless move. Fisher was the veteran leader with championship experience. Even as a bench player that's more valuable than a backup to Gasol+Bynum that will never play. He's a capable big with upside.. but far from a game changer.
    You're assuming Fisher would have quietly accepted a reduced role

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

this trade could backfire for the Lakers:
    1. Fisher is THE locker room leader.
    2. Fisher is clutch when it matters most...does not matter if he sucks the entire game. He is CLUTCH..still.
    3. He is a good-luck charm. Bad karma to trade him, as history proves.

With Sessions, he would not have gotten many minutes, I suppose, but I would keep him just for the locker room.

What does Hill bring to the table? Is he really better than McRoberts, who doesn't get much burn anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Not true about Beasley. The deal was in place but Portland or Minny backed out
    Cheryl Miller and Scott Howard-Cooper who are at the Lakers practice facility have been reporting on NBA TV that the Lakers backed out.

The only way this makes sense is if Fisher was making drama, kind of like Odom did. Still, shipping off Kobe's buddy AND a first round pick for some bum who will ride the pine?

Total cost-cutting move. Could have had BEASLEY!

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8

@ non-laker fans saying this is a bad trade. Please. Fisher has been deadweight for a while, and Laker fans know this.

It sounds like ONLY Lakers fans think this is a bad move.

I could argue that this is the best trade of the day so far. They move the worst point guard in all of basketball, probably even the worst BACKUP pointguard...clearing space for sessions. Otherwise, they would have been still starting Fisher to not cause drama.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Being a rockets fan & seeing Jordan play for awhile now, if you thought Gasol was so soft, you ain't seen nothing yet. I guarantee Hill is going to drive Kobe nuts.

Magic Johnson

They moved Fisher for one of three reasons:

1. He didn't want to come off the bench, or else he was told he'd be the third string point guard.

2. Mitch and co. realized Fisher would continue to start dispute being the worst point guard in the league, because the team is ran by Mike Brown, who has no balls and wouldn't want to piss off Kobe.

3. Jim didn't like Kobe's public outburst about the Gasol situation. Payback.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    this trade could backfire for the Lakers:
    1. Fisher is THE locker room leader.
    2. Fisher is clutch when it matters most...does not matter if he sucks the entire game. He is CLUTCH..still.
    3. He is a good-luck charm. Bad karma to trade him, as history proves.

With Sessions, he would not have gotten many minutes, I suppose, but I would keep him just for the locker room.

What does Hill bring to the table? Is he really better than McRoberts, who doesn't get much burn anyway?
    There is that intangible and at first I thought about a Perkins like backlash, but Fisher really hasn't done anything of significance since June 2010. Perk on the other hand was a vital part of the Celtics defense along with KG. If Kobe can't pick up the slack on the leadership end of things then he doesn't deserve to win another ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8

@ non-laker fans saying this is a bad trade. Please. Fisher has been deadweight for a while, and Laker fans know this.

You keep him, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    You keep him, period.
    No you don't, period.

He hasn't had a "clutch" moment in years. And he signed with Golden State in 2004. There is no "loyalty" here.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

You keep him, period.
    Why?

The man has been garbage since 2009, the Lakers needed to do this move.

Magic Johnson

You keep him, period.
    I don't like how this came out of nowhere, but loyalty can backfire and teams who don't realize this is a business end up ****ed.

Banned

I'm sad to see fisher go just because of all the clutch memories he has provided but as far as how he affected the lakers championship aspirations this year I don't think it does. He hasn't had a clutch moment since 2010 and he is the main reason that we get absolutely killed by PGs. And does a team with Kobe Pau and Bynum really need Fisher's leadership. Sure it can help but it isn't going to make or break how far the Lakers go in the playoffs. As of right now anything short of the WCF is a disappointment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I don't like how this came out of nowhere, but loyalty can backfire and teams who don't realize this is a business end up ****ed.
    As rare as it is for me to agree with a Lakers fan, this statement rings true. Just look at how much time Garnett wasted in Minnesota, all for the sake of loyalty. He lost much of his prime to carrying a team on his back, while the franchise beat a dead horse the entire time. Sometimes it makes better sense, short and long term, for both parties involved to cut their losses.

What about the Dallas shot this season?

Anyway...they didn't get rid of him, they used a 1st round pick and him to get Jordan Hill...lol is the word.