Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Great college starter

Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Its no different than comparing offensive stats across eras. You cant do one without the other.

It like somebody comparing the HR total of Babe Ruth to Mark Mcgwire.

Somebody pointing out that everybody hit HRs of the pitching that Mcgwire faced and then somebody else claiming that I cant point that out because its across eras.

It so silly.

Hardly silly at all....your logic says the 91 Bulls were a worse defensive team than the 2003 Wizards....your logic says that the 2003 Spurs were a worse offensive team than the 1987 New Jersey Nets....PLEASE KID, don't talk to me about what's SILLY FOOL.

Your problem is your being a math nerd who thinks numbers > context....you can't have one without the other if your gonna make a cross-era examination.

With NO CONTEXT AT ALL....i can easily say that the 1987 Nets, who were in the bottom 5 offensive teams that year, would be a top 10 offensive team in 2001, right there with the Sacramento Kings.....TRUE or FALSE??

The 24-58 Nets....can they go from being a bottom feeder offensive team in 1987 to top-10 offensive team in 2001??? USE YOUR HEAD....do you know basketball or do you just know numbers???

Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Hardly silly at all....your logic says the 91 Bulls were a worse defensive team than the 2003 Wizards....your logic says that the 2003 Spurs were a worse offensive team than the 1987 New Jersey Nets....PLEASE KID, don't talk to me about what's SILLY FOOL.

Your problem is your being a math nerd who thinks numbers > context....you can't have one without the other if your gonna make a cross-era examination.

With NO CONTEXT AT ALL....i can easily say that the 1987 Nets, who were in the bottom 5 offensive teams that year, would be a top 10 offensive team in 2001, right there with the Sacramento Kings.....TRUE or FALSE??

The 24-58 Nets....can they go from being a bottom feeder offensive team in 1987 to top-10 offensive team in 2001??? USE YOUR HEAD....do you know basketball or do you just know numbers???
    Im not saying every pitcher in the dead ball era was better than every pitcher in the modern era. But hitting a HR in that era sure meant a hell of a lot more than hitting a HR against a modern era player. Do you understand the difference?

Great college starter

Im not saying every pitcher in the dead ball era was better than every pitcher in the modern era. But hitting a HR in that era sure meant a hell of a lot more than hitting a HR against a modern era player. Do you understand the difference?

This isn't baseball kid, this is BASKETBALL.....do you know what basketball is?? Do you understand how playing styles and rule changes and officiating can greatly affect the play?? Do you understand how the 3-point line has completely changed the game ?? Do you understand that basketball philosophies also changed with the rules and the 3-point line??

Do you understand how ERA-based offensive and defensive ratings are?? It is not an accurate comparison, and never will be.

1991 Bulls < 2003 Wizards defensively.....DERRRR!!!!

Great college starter

Why all the talk about defense??? Doesn't a team's offensive ability play a part as well?? The 1980's had a higher offensive rating than the early 2000's....

So which is it?? the better offense of the 80's, or the better defense of the early 2000's??

Is it FACT that based on offensive ratings......the defensive would look BETTER in the early 2000's due to the lack of quality offense??

I don't get picked last at the park anymore TheFrozenOne's Avatar

at the Jordan stans getting merked...

Kobe in the 80's = 38PPG on 50%FG...Mj couldn't even shoot past 15' in the 80's

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrozenOne
    at the Jordan stans getting merked...

Kobe in the 80's = 38PPG on 50%FG...Mj couldn't even shoot past 15' in the 80's
    No Alpha, I believe it was the "Calculator-Loving Numbers Cruncher" who received the "merking" this time around son.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease with malice's Avatar

Complete troll thread.