Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Quote Originally Posted by pillage
    Rules in NBA are more strict, plus most players do it because they're insecure about their frame. Being in the NBA theyre usually bigger. ;)

Most heard reason is bc the fabric of jerseys irritate them.

*I read Ewing started the 'trend' when he wore a shirt under his jerseys because he used to catch a cold. I call bull****.

sounds odd but i get simular affects if i dont wear something under the jersey like a thick singlet or underarmour

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Do you reckon the Bulls would drop their 'no headbands' rule for LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pope
    Do you reckon the Bulls would drop their 'no headbands' rule for LeBron?
    i dont understand what is that bad about a headband, out of all the things they wear in the nba that is actualy worthy thing to wear.

maybe they jus hate iverson

Serious playground baller TheWitness's Avatar

bulls would definitely drop that rule if lebron would enter the team...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitness
    bulls would definitely drop that rule if lebron would enter the team...
    but jordan never wore one?

They wear them in college because they can. They don't wear them in the Nba because it's against the dress code.

Serious playground baller TheWitness's Avatar

Jordan wasnt used to wearing one thats why...

You'll never see an Orlando player with a head band.

National High School Star

Bulls had that rule to clean-up chicago during the eddie robinson days. dunno about the heat and orlando.

Regarding Tshirts, maybe they don't want to show their armpits lol

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    They wear them in college because they can. They don't wear them in the Nba because it's against the dress code.
    exactly...if nba players were allowed to, they would. if you ever see footage of an nba practice, half the guys are wearing long sleaved shirts and sweatpants while they practice.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Whatever. T-shirts under jerseys is a stupid look.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    exactly...if nba players were allowed to, they would. if you ever see footage of an nba practice, half the guys are wearing long sleaved shirts and sweatpants while they practice.
    I think that's mainly to keep warm since you're not doing full court sprinting, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    I've seen a pic of an NBA rookie (name doesn't come to mind, but I think he played for the Suns) who wore a t-shirt under his NBA jersey. Wish I could find that trading card again.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitness
    i dunno why...

even james was wearing a t-shirt like thingy in his Highschool days...

thats even highschool and not College...
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that LeBron wore sleeves to cover his tatoos.

No headband rule also applies to the jazz