Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Jersey Nets Free Agency Thread!

Well here it is, here's to a good Free Agency

So, Ak-47 is very likely to sign with us, he fits are needs for the SF position easily, hes a good re bounder and his defense and stealing ability is great.

Jamal Crawford's agent has many ties with the Nets, and Jamal has stated he wants to play with Deron. Jamal is apparently on the Nets list.

To be honest, I'm not interested in signing him at all, he is a good offensive threat but at SG Position Morrow is good and Marshon Brooks seems like he could expand his college game into the NBA.

I really hope BK does not over pay Kris Humphries.
    Farmar recently stated he wants a higher role, with the acquisition of Deron Williams he wont get much of that so he may not be on our team during the 2011-12 season.

Lets Discuss possible scenarios and such!
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 11-28-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Default Re: New Jersey Nets Free Agency Thread!

I really want them to keep Humphries for the right price. Definitely a starting SF. Damion James isnt going to cut it. No way we are seeing outlaw next season. We also need some big man depth if we retain Humphries. a big that can produce off the bench like Collison(not a FA just an example). If Humphries wants too much I would like to see a nice push for Nene. There's no way he can't play PF. No thanks to Crawford.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I really want them to keep Humphries for the right price. Definitely a starting SF. Damion James isnt going to cut it. No way we are seeing outlaw next season. We also need some big man depth if we retain Humphries. a big that can produce off the bench like Collison(not a FA just an example). If Humphries wants too much I would like to see a nice push for Nene. There's no way he can't play PF. No thanks to Crawford.
    Agreed with everything, Crawford is good but he is not necessary, as our main problems are not with the SG position.

Yeah I agree on Crawford. I love the guy but he'd just create a log jam at the SG spot. If we sign him, it would make sense to drop Morrow or Marshon.

Outlaws definitely our amnesty drop so that gives us some room. We'd need a new SF so hopefully we can land Tayshuan, AK, or Caron Butler. I'd be pretty happy with either of those 3.

I hope we can land David West, hes a perfect fit for Brook in my opinion. And we've seen what he did with Chris Paul. Deron can do the same.

Also the amnesty clause can really open the door for us. I'm hearing Brandon Roy might get released cause of his knee problems. I'd definitly make a move for him rather then Crawford if we are perusing him.

   

i liked the idea of the nets using their stock of draft picks to rebuild the team, but now that williams must be kept happy it really turns up the pressure and the risks.

this is not a spectacular FA class. most of these guys have some significant question marks, and the ones that don't are going to get overpaid somewhere. and yet something needs to be done to inspire d-will to stay. definitely the howard trade solves all problems, but is it really going to happen?

i don't envy billy king at all.

Excited for the season to start.
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 11-30-2011 at 09:09 PM.

"Tyson Chandler, the free agent center who helped Dallas win the NBA title last spring, is "interested’’ in the Nets, according to someone familiar with his thinking. The person did not wish to be identified because he is not authorized to speak for Chandler.

Chandler, and Denver’s Nene, are perhaps the Nets’ two biggest targets in free agency, as GM Billy King said the team will be targeting big men as its No. 1 priority. Currently, Jordan Williams — who isn’t even signed — is the only power forward on the roster. The team might look to bring back Kris Humphries depending on how it goes with their other targets.

Lower on the priority list is a small forward, and Thaddeus Young, a restricted free agent from Philadelphia, is believed to be on King’s wish list. King did admit today he is interested in some restricted free agents, in addition to unrestricted free agents. But with restricted free agents, teams will have three days to match an offer sheet submitted by a rival team interested in signing that player. And with an abbreviated free agency period — at the moment, the plan is for free agency to begin Dec. 9, the same day day that training camps are expected to open — it might be risky for a team to sign a player to an offer sheet and have to wait three days to learn whether it will get him or not.

Players are probably going to be signing left and right in the first hours of free agency, so If the Nets were to sign a restricted free agent, and the player’s original team matched the offer, the three-day matching period may end up costing the Nets a shot at an alternative free agent."
    colin stephenson"
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 11-30-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Thaddeous is someone I've wanted for a while. Forget Tyson. He is not worth what he will be asking for. Thinking back at his bobcats days gives me chills.

Thaddeous is someone I've wanted for a while. Forget Tyson. He is not worth what he will be asking for. Thinking back at his bobcats days gives me chills.
    Tayshaun Prince would be great also.

CP3 and JKidd made Tyson a pretty solid player though. I'm not doubting Deron can do that same for him. Though I dont get why we're going for another 7 footer. Are we really gonna stick Tyson or Nene at PF? I dont see a point in paying a large contract to either of them to come of the bench am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    CP3 and JKidd made Tyson a pretty solid player though. I'm not doubting Deron can do that same for him. Though I dont get why we're going for another 7 footer. Are we really gonna stick Tyson or Nene at PF? I dont see a point in paying a large contract to either of them to come of the bench am I right?
    I heard signing one of them would result in Brook sliding over to the power forward position. I just keep praying the Nets get Howard at this point.

I heard signing one of them would result in Brook sliding over to the power forward position. I just keep praying the Nets get Howard at this point.
    Im sure Nene could slide to PF instead of Lopez maybe?
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 12-02-2011 at 12:14 AM.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    A growing number of execs starting to believe that Magic will indeed give strong consideration to doing Dwight deal before season starts

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Rep

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    A growing number of execs starting to believe that Magic will indeed give strong consideration to doing Dwight deal before season starts

5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Rep
    Yeah I saw that tweet. Lets hope this is legit stuff. It would have to be before FA starts too.. right?

   

funny, i was looking up nene on WP just now and had to pick his link out from this list:
    [quote]Nene (bird), also called Nēnē and Hawaiian Goose, Branta sandvicensis, a rare goose
    Nene (trail), a Seminole Indian word meaning "street"
    N