Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Mitt Romney interview: "Stop attacking success"

Romney sucks, he's like the John Kerry of the GOP...an out of touch northeastern millionaire.

Very good NBA starter

no one is attacking his success.

they're attacking his greed and methods of cheating out the po man.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Have to say that I have never seen an entire campaign be centered around something so blatantly NOT what was intended by the opposing candidate. Literally every new Romney ad that I have seen revolves around Obama saying that, if you have a small business, "you didn't build that."

Anyone with half a brain knows that he didn't say that. Is Romney really going to hang his proverbial hat on something so clearly contrived?

There are plenty of actual issues that factually separate these two guys. There is no need to just make stuff up. And I have a hard time believing someone as bright as you thinks this is a good thing.

never mind that what Obama said is pretty much what Romney said to Olympic athletes at the Salt Lake City games.

You Olympians, however, know you didn't get here solely on your own power. For most of you, loving parents, sisters or brothers, encouraged your hopes, coaches guided, communities built venues in order to organize competitions. All Olympians stand on the shoulders of those who lifted them. We've already cheered the Olympians, let's also cheer the parents, coaches, and communities.

oh and BTW, we will be hearing a lot about how Mitt "saved" the SLC Olympics. But what he won't be trumpeting to the hills is that he needed nearly $350 million in Federal dollars to help manage them.
    Last edited by kentatm; 07-27-2012 at 05:42 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    never mind that what Obama said is pretty much what Romney said to Olympic athletes at the Salt Lake City games.
    Right. I'm not even focusing on the statement itself by Obama. If there are people out there that don't see the benefits of taxation and how we all do band together to help make this country what it is, and they prefer to see the U.S. as a complete free-for-all where you win or lose by yourself and thus should never contemplate how our society is actually structured... As misguided as it is, if people want to believe that, go right ahead.

My issue is with cutting up a speech and completely changing the entire point of a statement with editing tricks. Our political dialogue is all ready woefully inadequate and generally based on the most superficial bullsh!t that isn't really likely to impact any of our lives.

If this is where things are headed, we may be longing for the days of Rev. Wright or Bill Ayers a decade from now. As infantile as that discussion was, at least it was based on an actual narrative that some (stupid) people find important.

If we are just going to copy and paste together makeshift speeches and ideas that absolutely DO NOT represent a candidate in any way, shape or form? It doesn't get much more pathetic than that.