Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Cuba

Default Re: Scaled Images of Wilt/Dwight/McGee etc wingspans and height w/o shoes:

Your scaling is off, it's evident with Yao being in the picture. The gap between Yao and Wilt should be the same as the one between Wilt and Dwight, yet it's not.

The top of Wilt's head is past Yao's eyebrows, yet the top of Dwight's head doesn't reach Wilts.

Cuba

Default Re: Scaled Images of Wilt/Dwight/McGee etc wingspans and height w/o shoes:

What someone 7"1 actually looks like next to Yao -

Top of his head doesn't even reach Yao's eyebrows, but the top of Wilt's head is past them?

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    What someone 7"1 actually looks like next to Yao -

Top of his head doesn't even reach Yao's eyebrows, but the top of Wilt's head is past them?
    The top of shaqs head is above Yaos eyebrows - open it up and check in photoshop yourself thanks for further verification that my images have been accurately scaled

**EDIT**

I will also add that:

Tilting your head etc even slightly, effects how high or low your eyes/nose/hairline etc all will appear. But the line of the height to the top of your head remains relatively consistent - this is not an exact science - if you dont want to accept the images as accurate by all means dont. The basketballs are what is being used as the control for scale accuracy
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-17-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    The top of shaqs head is above Yaos eyebrows - open it up and check in photoshop yourself thanks for further verification that my images have been accurately scaled

Yao is LEANING to the side, your scaling is off and Wilts head is damn near in the middle of Yao's forehead.

Please explain to me why the gap between Dwight and Wilt is larger than the one between Yao and Wilt.

Yao is LEANING to the side, your scaling is off and Wilts head is damn near in the middle of Yao's forehead.

Please explain to me why the gap between Dwight and Wilt is larger than the one between Yao and Wilt.
    The gap between Yao and Wilt is actually slightly larger than the one between Dwight and Wilt - open it up in photoshop yourself and check yourself - count the pixels if you want for crying out loud your making a false accusation

*EDIT* here since I know you won't do it

These are the scale bars extrapolated from slicing the diameter of the basketball which is used as a consistent control source for scale (hence there is always at least one basketball in every source image)... longest bar = 9.4", then 7.05", then 5.875", then 4.7", then 2.35", then 1.175"

The gap between Dwights head and Wilt's is less than Wilt's to Yao's. Even taking Yao's longer hair into consideration, the gap is definitely smaller between Dwight and Wilt vs Wilt and Yao.

Got any more false accusations? P.S. your overthinking this if you think i'm tampering with the scaling... I'm using the basketballs to get the scaling - all im doing is literally making sure the basketball in every pic is identical in size (NOTE pictures MUST also be of identical perspective to accomplish this!) - if Wilt looks like Yao to you than boo frickity hoo, maybe he was closer to Yao in stature than he was to your typical NBA player - maybe that explains his deceptively heavy playing weight, and his incredibly long armspan, and why players he plays against on film look so small etc - no? I know what the real problem is - the real problem is you love trolling about Wilt and underrating him so anytime he is made to look extraordinary you wish him to be ordinary instead. There wasn't anything "ordinary" about Wilt - the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-17-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    What a ridiculous picture...Chandler is damn near the same height as Wilt. That pic makes him look like Yao.

It really does too

Cuba

The gap between Yao and Wilt is actually slightly larger than the one between Dwight and Wilt - open it up in photoshop yourself and check yourself - count the pixels if you want for crying out loud your making a false accusation

*EDIT* here since I know you won't do it

These are the scale bars extrapolated from slicing the diameter of the basketball which is used as a consistent control source for scale (hence there is always at least one basketball in every source image)... longest bar = 9.4", then 7.05", then 5.875", then 4.7", then 2.35", then 1.175"

The gap between Dwights head and Wilt's is less than Wilt's to Yao's. Even taking Yao's longer hair into consideration, the gap is definitely smaller between Dwight and Wilt vs Wilt and Yao.

Got any more false accusations? P.S. your overthinking this if you think i'm tampering with the scaling... I'm using the basketballs to get the scaling - all im doing is literally making sure the basketball in every pic is identical in size - if Wilt looks like Yao to you than boo frickity hoo, maybe he was closer to Yao in stature than he was to your typical NBA player - maybe that explains his deceptively heavy playing weight, and his incredibly long armspan, and why players he plays against on film look so small etc - no? I know what the real problem is - the real problem is you love trolling about Wilt and underrating him so anytime he is made to look extraordinary you wish him to be ordinary instead. There wasn't anything "ordinary" about him though.

You cannot be serious, your scale bars are measured using the top of Yao's hair....unreal, you are so biased and dishonest that it's not even funny anymore. It's a 4 inch difference, Wilt's head is in the middle of Yao's forhead, Dwight's head is below Wilt's eyebrows. You shave the hair off Yao's head and it would look like a 2" difference between him and Wilt.

That is what the scale bars should actually represent, using Yao's hair? Pathetic, he'd be 7"8 if you actually took into account his hair.

Also -

(Full Size link: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-h...520knicks4.jpg )

Perhaps the best indication of Wilt's size thus far

Your scaling is horrible, and is always done to make Wilt look larger than life. In your picture, the top of Amare's head doesn't even make it to Wilt's nose, like we don't have pics of Amare with someone who is exactly the same height as Wilt (7"1 with no shoes) -

And nope, Wilt wasn't close to Yao in height -

Last edited by abuC; 11-17-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    What a ridiculous picture...Chandler is damn near the same height as Wilt. That pic makes him look like Yao.
    Well then let's solve this problem:

We know that the images were scaled using the diameter of a basketball as the control.

So that means;
    *Carmelo Anthony could be holding an oversized basketball...

or
    *Wilt Chamberlain could holding 2 sets of identically undersized basketballs on 2 separate occasions (separated by 20 years)

or
    *Wilt was bigger than you thought.

What is more likely?

You cannot be serious, your scale bars are measured using the top of Yao's hair....unreal, you are so biased and dishonest that it's not even funny anymore. It's a 4 inch difference, Wilt's head is in the middle of Yao's forhead, Dwight's head is below Wilt's eyebrows. You shave the hair off Yao's head and it would look like a 2" difference between him and Wilt.

That is what the scale bars should actually represent, using Yao's hair? Pathetic, he'd be 7"8 if you actually took into account his hair.

Also -

Your scaling is horrible, and is always done to make Wilt look larger than life. In your picture, the top of Amare's head doesn't even make it to Wilt's nose, like we don't have pics of Amare with someone who is exactly the same height as Wilt (7"1 with no shoes) -

And nope, Wilt wasn't close to Yao in height -

Shaq is closer to the camera in the pic you posted and he's wearing incredibly thick shoes lol I'm not going to get in an argument with you - if you'd like to dismiss the pics go for it no one is forcing you to agree with them - but I'll say it once more - they are scaled images of identical perspective using the basketball as the ground. Even if you nudge Yao up the equivilant of an inch - his SCALE stays the same - would you like me to do that? move him up an inch? Your getting incredibly angry over something extremely trivial
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-17-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Cuba

Well then let's solve this problem:

We know that the images were scaled using the diameter of a basketball as the control.

So that means;
    *Carmelo Anthony could be holding an oversized basketball...

or
    *Wilt Chamberlain could holding 2 sets of identically undersized basketballs on 2 separate occasions (separated by 20 years)

or
    *Wilt was bigger than you thought.

What is more likely?

Oh, so now Wilt is getting bigger.....

Cuba

Shaq is closer to the camera in the pic you posted lol nice try though

That never mattered before when you posted pictures of Bill Russell being closer to the camera than Dwight, why does it matter now?

Oh, so now Wilt is getting bigger.....
    How is he "getting bigger"?

Shaq is closer to the camera in the pic you posted and he's wearing incredibly thick shoes lol I'm not going to get in an argument with you - if you'd like to dismiss the pics go for it no one is forcing you to agree with them - but I'll say it once more - they are scaled images of identical perspective using the basketball as the ground. Even if you nudge Yao up the equivilant of an inch - his SCALE stays the same - would you like me to do that? move him up an inch? Your getting incredibly angry over something extremely trivial
    Ι had seen a video of this moment depicted here, I think from an NBA Action episode taken from 1992-93 season (Shaq's rookie season). Maybe someone would have it, because, apart from the Wilt-Shaq height debate, it seems interesting how small Ewing appears. I know he wasn't a real 7-footer, but he must be leaning here.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

even if chandler is a 6'11 barefoot, Wilt doesn't have a 4 inch advantage on him( as indicated by your picture)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhtc
    even if chandler is a 6'11 barefoot, Wilt doesn't have a 4 inch advantage on him( as indicated by your picture)
    there isn't a 4 inch advantage in the image, it is about 2 which is approximately what it should be at - you guys are complaining about and exaggerating the differences more than it actually is. So someone scales Wilt next to some modern players and he looks a bit abnormally big - your surprised? Why the hell would his peers talk about him like an unrivaled freak if he was just some run of the mill big?