Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Thanks gobb that pretty much did it. I didn't know there was a button on the actual xbox.

Some thoughts on the game:

Yeah yeah yeah the graphics, detail, etc, we know it's like near flawless. But some things I don't like are...

A) There aren't enough "tough" animals. I mean I got attacked by cougars once and by boars once, but I played for hours. Everything else is horses, dogs, deer, etc. I want a bigger challenge.

B) Not enough random shit happening. There were a lot of random muggings in GTA 4 and other things like that. It ties in with the animals as well but this basically extends to humans too.

C) This bounty system is way to unreal for a video game. You kill one guy and your bounty is 20 dollars? Thats like 10,000 dollars in our time. You guy 5 dollars for completing a mission, how the **** am I going to work up enough money to kill a guy in the city?

D) ****ing Bonnie missions and all these stupid herds. Who do I go to for actual killing? I only have B and M on my map so far, so I'm assuming M has the more aggressive missions?

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Thanks gobb that pretty much did it. I didn't know there was a button on the actual xbox.

Some thoughts on the game:

Yeah yeah yeah the graphics, detail, etc, we know it's like near flawless. But some things I don't like are...

A) There aren't enough "tough" animals. I mean I got attacked by cougars once and by boars once, but I played for hours. Everything else is horses, dogs, deer, etc. I want a bigger challenge.

B) Not enough random shit happening. There were a lot of random muggings in GTA 4 and other things like that. It ties in with the animals as well but this basically extends to humans too.

C) This bounty system is way to unreal for a video game. You kill one guy and your bounty is 20 dollars? Thats like 10,000 dollars in our time. You guy 5 dollars for completing a mission, how the **** am I going to work up enough money to kill a guy in the city?

D) ****ing Bonnie missions and all these stupid herds. Who do I go to for actual killing? I only have B and M on my map so far, so I'm assuming M has the more aggressive missions?
    the bears are pretty crazy

anyone got this for ps3?

Anyone know if there will be a price drop soon? Or at least any place having a sale? thanks!

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

98% for me.
    just need to disarm 6 enemies without reloading or changing guns and I also have to clear the 5 gang-hideouts (up north) in a 24 hour period and then I will have all the outfits I believe.
    excellent game

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    98% for me.
    just need to disarm 6 enemies without reloading or changing guns and I also have to clear the 5 gang-hideouts (up north) in a 24 hour period and then I will have all the outfits I believe.
    excellent game

Yeah, I gotta find a good list online for what I need to 100%. I'm at like 98.6.

I just started up again after laying off for a week or so since beating it, but I'm already itching to get back into it. I started playing online last night for the first time. Still not really my thing, but I sorta liked some of the coop missions. And I did some Free Roam for achievement hunting, which I could see myself becoming addicted too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Yeah, I gotta find a good list online for what I need to 100%. I'm at like 98.6.

I just started up again after laying off for a week or so since beating it, but I'm already itching to get back into it. I started playing online last night for the first time. Still not really my thing, but I sorta liked some of the coop missions. And I did some Free Roam for achievement hunting, which I could see myself becoming addicted too.
    http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/100%25_Completion

Used this guide. Very good/detailed.

98% for me.
    excellent game
    That'll be easy (24hr gang hideout). If yuou want a place to attempt that disarm 6 enemies without reloading? Try the saloon located at Thieves island. Go behind the bar. Pull up dead eye and shoot thier guns out of thier hands. Dont worry if there arent 6 guys in there, more will come in. Pull up dead eye and disarm. I kept trying to do it in gang hideouts and failing. After some Liars Dice I noticed alot of guys in that saloon as packing. Gave it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

Used this guide. Very good/detailed.

That'll be easy (24hr gang hideout). If yuou want a place to attempt that disarm 6 enemies without reloading? Try the saloon located at Thieves island. Go behind the bar. Pull up dead eye and shoot thier guns out of thier hands. Dont worry if there arent 6 guys in there, more will come in. Pull up dead eye and disarm. I kept trying to do it in gang hideouts and failing. After some Liars Dice I noticed alot of guys in that saloon as packing. Gave it a shot.
    alright Gobb. I will try that at that saloon. Thanks-

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

alright Gobb. I will try that at that saloon. Thanks-
    I did it at the mineshaft gang hideout, Tumbleweed I think. It's nice because as you go down the shaft the bad guys pop up only one or two at a time, so it's easy to focus in on disarming. Use the Evans repeater, it carries the most ammo, so it gives you a bunch of chances to miss. Just keep using your deadeye, and buy some tobacco to refill it as it dies out.

Thanks for the guide Gobb. That could be my weekend project.

I got those disarms at the saloon. worked great.
    a couple of people have told me the 24hr gang hideout challenge would be easy.
    Not really for me. I tried to get it done a couple of times but died both tries cause I was in too much of a hurry. Also, how do I travel from place to place? Probably just on a horse right? Not through campsite fast travel I guess because when I arrive I notice that like 4 - 6 hours have passed.
    I could probably get it done but have barely spent any time on it. I would like to take care of it but I want more of a game plan before my next attempt.

Somebody please give me a kinda detailed plan. yes?
    like route? which one should I start and end with?
    anything you think I need to know?
    Thanks guys (GOBB) (Thorpesaurous)

I got those disarms at the saloon. worked great.
    a couple of people have told me the 24hr gang hideout challenge would be easy.
    Not really for me. I tried to get it done a couple of times but died both tries cause I was in too much of a hurry. Also, how do I travel from place to place? Probably just on a horse right? Not through campsite fast travel I guess because when I arrive I notice that like 4 - 6 hours have passed.
    I could probably get it done but have barely spent any time on it. I would like to take care of it but I want more of a game plan before my next attempt.

Somebody please give me a kinda detailed plan. yes?
    like route? which one should I start and end with?
    anything you think I need to know?
    Thanks guys (GOBB) (Thorpesaurous)
    I'd trasport to Mcfarlanes Ranch then on horseback ride to Pikes Basin. When you complete Pikes Basin there is an exit that leads you to Armadillo. And you can do Twin Peaks, then Fort Mercer, then Tumbleweed, then Gaptooth Breach then head down to Mexico for the last two Tesoro Azul and Nosalida which should be the last gang hideout to complete this all.

I do it on horseback. Trying to use horse carriages affect the time. Load up on ammo, health, dead eye products (cant remember what they were), horse pills. I cant remember what else. But when riding you want to push your horse then just refill his meter when traveling to long distances between hideouts. If you can take shortcuts do it. i know the maps well so I did. You might not so it may not be in your best interest. When you're in battle and near death? Use your health. I dont know the max you can carry. Been awhile since playing this game. But use it. Take cover.

There is one spot on Tumbleweed (the hideout with the mansion on the hill) where you can use cannons. There is a church but across from the church there is a hill with a windmill. And along the edge of that hill are cannons. You can use cannons and kill practically every enemy on the map even all the way to the mansion. Start with the enemies close like the church and the lil town. Then just launch random cannons in front of, alongside of the mansion. Even inside it. Then just advance when you cleared a good amount.

Fort Mercer I stand at a distance and snipe all the enemies along the perimeter of the Fort. Then work my way inside. Inside I usually go left because I know there are 2 guys inside I can shotgun close range. Then I go up the steps and work my way around clearing them out until I get to the final part where they rush out of the back. What I did was toss dynamite (like i said load up on as much ammo as you can). When i said go up the steps after clearing out the the inside? I stay on the 2nd level and run towards where they come out the back room which is below you. Thats why tossing dynamite all over can clear them out. And you're left with a couple.

Gaptooth Ridge is that miner mission. Semi auto shotgun inside the mine = best friend. There are snipers on this hideout camping up on the hills. You gotta take them out first because you'll be getting hit like crazy. Either use your sniper rifle from a distance after yuo established where they are. Or use a rifle and lock on them. Use your dead eye and scan the area until you see that x lock on them. But once inside that mine? Shotties is the way to go. And if you are overwhelmed because i think there is an area where they group up? Dynamite if you have it. Toss it and take cover.

Mexican hideouts you just gotta figure out how to attack it. If you're going to clear out the right side? Clear out the right side then work your way to the left. Terorso Azul is that hideout that is closed in. The emeny wont shoot you until you shoot them. Sniper again. You can stand a distance away and if you can spot the guys on the roof from afar? Take them out. Then work your way inside and pick a path. Left or right and stay in cover. Nosailda I do the same snipe or use my rifle from long range at a distance. Use dead eye to wipe out groups. I put it on, move my aim across thier heads/bodies and let them be marked up (with that x) and shoot.

The timer doesnt start for the 24 hr gang hideout until you start the first one. Whenever you are close to dying or getting hit up? Take your medicine. Then clear them out. Is your targetting on normal or casual? You can change the options of your gun setting to casual so it'll make auto aim even easier for you. Not sure if you were playing on the default (which is normal) or casual. So maybe look into casual before starting anything. Then like I said hit up all the stores and load up on weapons and items. I know you got alot of money. Now is the time to blow it. Anything u skinned? Trade in for $$$.

While it may seem like you're short on time completing this? You really arent.

wow. thanks dude.
    I have my aim on normal/default. Never changed it. I don't think I need to.
    I can do it. About the 2 Mexican hideouts, I don't really need to do those again.
    I think it's just the 5 up north in 24 hr period to get that last outfit.
    (well, then there is one more outfit for '100% completion')

but anyway, thanks for taking the time bro. very detailed,
    I appreciate it.

wow. thanks dude.
    I have my aim on normal/default. Never changed it. I don't think I need to.
    I can do it. About the 2 Mexican hideouts, I don't really need to do those again.
    I think it's just the 5 up north in 24 hr period to get that last outfit.
    (well, then there is one more outfit for '100% completion')

but anyway, thanks for taking the time bro. very detailed,
    I appreciate it.
    Yeah you're right you only need to do the 5. Sweet. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah you're right you only need to do the 5. Sweet. Good luck.
    dude, it actually was pretty simple. Yeah and got it done in only 14 hours (game time). No problem.
    BUT, was still short on my %points so I used your link:

Damn dog, .. . still at 99.5%!
    Can't figure out what it is. I know it's something simple that I'm overlooking.
    I finished the bountys (8, 8, & 4) which is what brought me to 99.5%.

I was looking at the list just now and the only possible thing could be that I somehow skipped the horsebreaking job in Chuperosa. or the buying of the weapons. But that can't be it because I have them all and have been to all 3 gunshops and there is nothing more available. Early on in the game any gun I saw I bought right away. I buy out complete stores all the time so that can't be it.

Really wanted that 100% completion outfit/achievement/satisfaction before I started GTA4 but I just couldn't get it done.

I cross-examined the web-site list with my stats in the game but I'm at a loss. It sucks having the feeling (at the moment)
    that the game beat me
    Last edited by Lakerlove420; 07-14-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Did you win atleast one game of all the mini games on RDR? Did you buy all the maps and opened up the locations? Your positive you have all the outfits (did you pull it up and go thru every outfit u unlocked?) and completed every stranger mission? What about the jobs? You complete the 5 jobs at the designated locations? Maybe you thought you did one and really didnt.

There has to be something minor you overlooked. You cant let the 99.5% slide! You must complete. I could see if you were 91.3%. 99.5% means just one thing you need to complete/finish and you have it! Just one thing.

How do cheat in poker? i have the outfit but everytime i press the cheat button i get caught immediatly.It says keep the arrow centered but as soon as the arrow appears i get caught

Iam trying to get the U.S army outfit by trying to beat everyone at poker in blackwater.Thats gona take alot last night i eliminated everyone except for the asian guy an that guy never bluffs you always has the best cards