Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Man slashes 22 children near China school

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    A large portion of Americans actually thinks it's a possibility the government turns into a tyranny, and that in such an event they would be able to overthrow the system and defeat the military if only they had access to small arms?

Only one reply is warranted to that: wat
    I don't think you understand. Who is in the military? The sons and daughters of American citizens. If the government turns into a tyranny, those individuals won't just mindlessly turn on their own relatives, friends and family. If anything, large part of the military would join the people, while the rest wouldn't care and will continue following a corrupt institution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I clicked to through the link, but let's be honest here: Americans aren't so vehemently against gun control because they feel they need to protect themselves against a tyrant. Nobody buys a gun just in case the president is out to get them.

So the article discusses a nonexistent issue. I know technically what the 2nd amendment is for but it is not applicable at all to current reality.
    You poor, naive soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EYaW1HZhw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2jxsiDnmYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGS44GlMjyw

^There's a LOT of people who believe this. As Boozehound pointed out, gun sales skyrocketed when Obama was first elected and then recently right after the election. A lot of gun toting nutcases are convinced they need their guns because it's the only thing stopping the communist Obama from imposing Martial Law and proclaiming himself king.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    I don't think you understand. Who is in the military? The sons and daughters of American citizens. If the government turns into a tyranny, those individuals won't just mindlessly turn on their own relatives, friends and family. If anything, large part of the military would join the people, while the rest wouldn't care and will continue following a corrupt institution.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. Just the idea that the military would turn on the vast majority of the US population is a ridiculous notion. But that is the only scenario in which a people's militia would be necessary.

But yes, I am shocked that apparently a lot of US citizens think this is viable. I already had you guys pegged as somewhat below average in terms of intelligence and sensibilities (as a population in general), but that is literally retarded.

It's not really their fault. Most of those people grow up around that culture and are brainwashed to think government is evil and is against them. That allows private corporations to slowly milk them dry while the politicians break down every regulation put in place to actually help them. Fox news especially just uses fear and propaganda to appeal to the white masses and keep people from looking at real issues.

A simple google search will let you know who most of the Republicans are working for, it sure as hell isn't "the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Isn't that all of the military of a certain country have relatives in that certain country? Like, um, everywhere rest of the world?
    Ever heard of a civil war?

I don't understand what possible logical argument can be given for not wanting to ban guns.

No one is coming into a movie theatre with a baseball bat or even a knife and killing 10+ people...it's nearly impossible. Nothing will stop violence as a whole but when such tools of violence are so readily available that you can buy them at the same place you buy basketball hoops and shoes, shit like this will continue to happen.

It's remarkable that two of the biggest killers of people in the US have the biggest lobbyist groups supporting them. (Tobacco and Firearms).

**** outta here with the backwards ass "but, it's my 2nd amendment right" bullshit. The only people who should be able to carry guns are police officers; no one else.
    Last edited by Simple Jack; 12-17-2012 at 01:30 AM.