Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings thinks he is better then "overhyped" Ricky Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    8 games...
    Well if you're unable to criticize a player after eight games then I guess no one can say that he's good either? That's what you're saying right? These eight games show you absolutely nothing about the player? We can't laud him for any success nor point out any short comings? Ok, cool.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    It's about being a PG that gets his teammates involved. You don't have to lead the league in assists. Instead, why don't you find me the list of PGs that lead their team in shots and won a championship? That list would be really short. Again, I already said that he was good. I just expressed my concerns about what he needs to work on. It's called constructive criticism.
    Most recent NBA champs have had a dominant guard( not necessarily a point) that had the ball in their hands alot and took alot of shots. as for the bucks, Andrew Bogut seems to be getting involved quite well. Jennings had nice kick out passes to Meeks who hasn't quite found his touch yet. Hakim Warrick, Charlie Bell and Mbah a Moute are all 7th-10th men on good teams.

Banned

Well if you're unable to criticize a player after eight games then I guess no one can say that he's good either? That's what you're saying right? These eight games show you absolutely nothing about the player? We can't laud him for any success nor point out any short comings? Ok, cool.
    you criticisms/conclusions are irrational based on 8 games...critucizing 3.5 to for a rookie pg is a joke

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

that article is old, but i believe the kid, rubio will have to come over and prove him wrong because i don't live in a world of "what ifs"

Bucks fan

It's about being a PG that gets his teammates involved. You don't have to lead the league in assists. Instead, why don't you find me the list of PGs that lead their team in shots and won a championship?
    I got a better question for you. How about you tell me when Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, John Stockton, Deron Williams, Chris Paul ever won a championship? If pure point guard play really leads to championships, you better come up with a really good excuse why those guys don't have them.

Brandon Jennings is by far the best scorer on the Bucks. Therefore smart coaching and smart decision making by himself says that he should take the most shots. Quit hating - you don't deserve to have any opinion at all, because you haven't been watching the games.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    I got a better question for you. How about you tell me when Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, John Stockton, Deron Williams, Chris Paul ever won a championship? If pure point guard play really leads to championships, you better come up with a really good excuse why those guys don't have them.

Brandon Jennings is by far the best scorer on the Bucks. Therefore smart coaching and smart decision making by himself says that he should take the most shots. Quit hating - you don't deserve to have any opinion at all, because you haven't been watching the games.

You cant be too critical of a rookie in his/her infants stages. The kid is ballin. Milw is rebuilding. Playoffs is nowhere on the horizon. I have no problem with how Brandon Jennings is playing. He's fun to watch and a blur. There wasnt much to talk about before he arrived in Milw. Now there is. If he is 5-6yrs in the league with poor asst/to ratio stats? Then we can criticize. Outside of that? He's a rookie, go out there and show your ass. He's actually backing up everything he said that pissed off some fans over the summer. Go watch the Joe Budden videos. Altho Joe screwed him putting a PRIVATE convo into the PUBLIC. He's backing up what he said.

And this could be said about Allen Iverson career in Philly. Yet no one ever considered it. Kinda funny.
    Last edited by GOBB; 11-15-2009 at 12:18 PM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

from when i picked up the game last night he was also shooting the ball well and taking good shots, i didn't see him just get the ball and chuck, he was still looking to get others involved and in the process finding his team the best shot

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Oh and where did this myth about him being a team cancer and having a bad attitude come from? What a load of crock.
    Jennings was a bit of a problem at Oak Hill. His time in Italy really did wonders for his maturity and self-entitlement issues. Also someone on here pointed out if you followed his blog from last season you could actually see the difference through his use of words and his changing outlook on things.

Side Note: that maturity aspect is why some people think the Overseas option is best for the "One and Done" HS prospects. The reality of having to earn stuff can either be too much to deal with or give a kid perspective that he lacked.

D o u c h e b a g- when was I hating? How many times did I say he was good and has the chance to be great? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Y

And this could be said about Allen Iverson career in Philly. Yet no one ever considered it. Kinda funny.
    I said the same thing about Iverson in Philly. That's how the dude excels and that why LB built that team around him. I think that they were a great team that complimented him great in the year they went to the finals. That was a special year.

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Who said this was a week draft class?

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Overhyped Rubio is just overhyped, and I strongly agree with Jennings and other rookies.

he is right also because rubio is scared to come to the NBA. rubio threads should be ban-worthy. this **** doesnt deserve any of the hype surrounded by him. its sad to see fans delusional

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

I've been thinking a lot about this recently, and I think you're right. At the end of the game, you want your best player taking the shot. But if you're best player is a "pure PG" then he's best at setting up someone else and not himself.

Jason Kidd was great in NJ because he made Jefferson and Martin All-Stars. Which is nice and all, but who the f*** wants those two guys shooting to win a title?

And if you do have a superstar, you don't want to take the ball out of his hands and give it some "pure PG". When Dallas is trying to win a game in the fourth quarter, they're giving the ball to Dirk and telling everyone else to spot-up and get the f*** out of the way. So Kidd's play-making ability with the ball in his hand becomes pretty pointless.