Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Default Looking for new basketball shoes

Anyone got some to recommend? I'd like something light on your feet...

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for new basketball shoes

yeah, me too. Would appreciate some recommendations. I was leaning towards 2nd ghosts.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Bitches love men that wear Sketchers and New Balance.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    The adidas Crazyquicks are a top 5 shoe this year, and yes, they're very light. Try them out.
    I usually like the aesthetics of all adidas basketball shoes, but these are some of the most hideous I've ever seen.

For all I know, they are top-tier in terms of performance, but the sole looks odd with how bulky and wide it is. I guess it works in terms of its ankle support though.

Love Live Life

Try some Ektios

Very comfortable and I haven't had any problems

Nike Lebron X... crazy comfortable, adds bounce and looks quite nice as well.

lower tier nikes always work for me. Nike Lunar HyperGamer Low is my current shoe

Banned

Why do people purchase new model nikes or whatever? It's not like shoes have really improved over the last 5 years...

Quote Originally Posted by StocktonFan
    Why do people purchase new model nikes or whatever? It's not like shoes have really improved over the last 5 years...
    They have though.

In a number of ways.

Lighter, more breathable, better traction, more responsive, sturdier etc etc

KD V's were the first shoe to have an 8mm zoom air unit when before we only had 6. LeBron X's also had an integrated zoom air unit molded with the max air unit in the heel. Kobe 8s were far more breathable than the Kobe 7s.

Shoes get better every year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    They have though.

In a number of ways.

Lighter, more breathable, better traction, more responsive, sturdier etc etc

KD V's were the first shoe to have an 8mm zoom air unit when before we only had 6. LeBron X's also had an integrated zoom air unit molded with the max air unit in the heel. Kobe 8s were far more breathable than the Kobe 7s.

Shoes get better every year
    I mean all those specifics sound great and all, but how much of a difference does that really make?

I myself rarely play anymore so i'm usually rocking casuals or avia running shoes... i've been out of the loo since kobe was with adidas

I mean all those specifics sound great and all, but how much of a difference does that really make?

I myself rarely play anymore so i'm usually rocking casuals or avia running shoes... i've been out of the loop.
    True. I work for a sneaker retailer so I know a lot about the technical aspects of shoes. But in the end, its really up to whats most comfortable for you. And these technical specifics aren't really making an impact on your game, outside of comfort.

What does a 8mm zoom air unit do for you compared to a 4mm zoom? Prob not much. A shoe isn't going to make you run faster jump higher. But you can feel the difference between an 8mm zoom air unit compared to a 4mm.

And you can feel the difference between a shoe with a max air unit compared to a shoe that has no air unit and uses lunarlon foam instead.

Companies just put out a new shoe, make it seem great, that way they can get you to buy it. A lot of times they are improved, but not significantly enough to make me want to buy them if I already have a decent pair of hoop shoes.

When it comes to running shoes, there are MAJOR differences in a quality shoe vs a poor shoe, and your body can feel the difference and bad shoes can hurt your whole body

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

If they like Nikes, what else are they going to buy? Used models of older shoes? Deadstocked shoes from years ago that are starting to have sole separation?

Technology in shoes continues to improve. Hyperfuse and Flywire are two specific names when it comes to the increased sturdiness KNOW1EDGE mentioned. They are extremely light and keep the ankles in place within the shoe much better than older models. It doesn't just "sound great and all", it actually has increased performance value and protection you can feel.

I prefer low-tops, and currently use both the Kobe VI's and CP3 VI's. My next shoe will probably be the KD VI's.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I prefer low-tops, and currently use both the Kobe VI's and CP3 VI's. My next shoe will probably be the KD VI's.
    I'd say if there are still Kobe VI's available somewhere for a reduced price, they are great value for the money. Doesn't get much better in terms of fit and comfort imo. They aren't that great for outdoor play though, lose traction rather quickly.