Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    I think superman as a character needs a redesign..the suit still doesn't sit well in 2011, tights and underwear on the outside.

In that picture, I'm not feeling that,....like I always said the new Superman always will be failed. They tried to hard to do reboot because of The Dark Knight so now they wanna try do little bit dark and shit wouldn't work for Superman or Spiderman.

Christopher Reeve was the best Superman, he's SUPERMAN...
    this is his newest costume

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    this is his newest costume

Well, I was talking about the movie...did you see the picture they leak, I don't feel it.

Honestly, I don't give a shit about Superman cause he's very corny to me than any superheros in comic-book. Superman is very boring character to me.

I still said I do think they need to do a redesign for Superman. You seen the X-Men movies didn't follow the X-Men comics costume, etc and they did the right thing.

Root Of All Evil

Well, I was talking about the movie...did you see the picture they leak, I don't feel it.
    The new one doesn't have the "undies" ... that is literally the only thing that needed to be axed from the design. It's corny w/ them, it's legit w/o ... new suit looks nice to me.

Honestly, I don't give a shit about Superman cause he's very corny to me than any superheros in comic-book. Superman is very boring character to me.

I still said I do think they need to do a redesign for Superman. You seen the X-Men movies didn't follow the X-Men comics costume, etc and they did the right thing.
    That's one reason why Smallville worked as long as it did. He didn't wear a costume. Dude had jeans, blue (or red) shirt, and a blue (or red) jacket.

The new movie should go with something like these

Last edited by Loneshot; 08-06-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    That's one reason why Smallville worked as long as it did. He didn't wear a costume. Dude had jeans, blue (or red) shirt, and a blue (or red) jacket.
    Smallville is hot garbage, bro ... seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Smallville is hot garbage, bro ... seriously.

Nah. Show was ace first four or five seasons

Root Of All Evil

Nah. Show was ace first four or five seasons
    I'll take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    I'll take your word for it.
    But the last four or five seasons were pretty weak, no doubt at all that the last two seasons of it were garbage. I only kept watching to see where the hell it was going.

College star

hopefully this is not another origins of superman movie. i am tired of seeing how superman was born and sent to earth and grew up with these powers. we all know that. just move the fck on!

But the last four or five seasons were pretty weak, no doubt at all that the last two seasons of it were garbage. I only kept watching to see where the hell it was going.
    Where did that show end up? i quit watching it after the writers strike

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    It looks like that mesh that warriors in medieval times would wear under their armor. Or kinda carbon-fiber-ish.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I never liked Superman, always thought he was one of the weakest characters of the top-tier comic book list. That said I loved the Reeves movies. They were great. But since then the best thing I've seen done with Superman in other media is the animated Crisis on Two Earths movie.

I'm not too confident in this breaking that streak. It's just hard to do.

if snyder go's full on negative and gore, like he did with watchmen. i can just about condone this. nolan tho, continues to sink in relevance

how many times can they reboot the same old ****ing comic book story? as long as people keep eating it up i guess

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    how many times can they reboot the same old ****ing comic book story? as long as people keep eating it up i guess
    Technically there was never a reboot.

There was the original Superman with Reeves that had 3 sequels. Then there was that quasi- sequel (it follows up after Superman 2) with Routh many years late.

This is the first "reboot." And just like with the Spiderman and Batman reboots, they've changed the stories/villians. Superman faces Zod in this, in the original Superman faced Lex Luther (and then Zod in #2).

I'm very much looking forward to this, although they can't expect to make it dark because that does not work with Superman. It's like if you look up all that Tim Burton Superman stuff with Nic Cage. That movies was into production they had the story, the costumes, the cast, etc. Imagine if that got made. It's actually really cool to look at all that stuff that never became a movie, but it makes you think what that movie would've been like and if we would've ever thought of Superman the same way.