Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

According to this forum, Nicolas Batum is the, "Euroleague Scottie Pippen". Also according to this forum, he is "the greatest Euroleague SF of all time".

Well, "Euroleague Scottie", the "GOAT", is averaging 6.33 turnovers per game in the Euroleague. Leading the league by a whopping 1.7:1 ratio.

If you don't believe me, I have the stats and link to prove it:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...gory=Turnovers

Also, interestingly enough, Batum, "one of the best perimeter wing defenders in the NBA", is being derided for playing horrible defense so far in the Euroleague.

Hmm...strange.

BTW, Batum now has a new nickname in Europe. He is now being referred to as, "LeTurnover".

Banned

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Actually, AK47 is the greatest Euroleague SF of all time. And Batum only has so many turnovers because his teammates are too shit to catch his passes. Euroleague Scottie, more like Euroleague Larry Bird.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 11-03-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Actually, AK47 is the greatest Euroleague SF of all time.
    He's also the greatest Russian basketball player of all time. And as well as the greatest nickname of all time.

in 3 games? who cares.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

As a Blazer fan, the turnovers don't surprise me. Ball handling is one of his biggest weaknesses, which is why he is not a primary ball handler in Portland. The rest of his stats are pretty nice though in Euroleague

owwwww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odkELHeJD7Y

looking unguardable off the dribble like MJ
    dominating and dunking over guys in the post like Shaq
    running the pick and roll like Nash
    making passes in the post like Magic
    scoring in the open court like Scottie
    making pull up threes like T-Mac

oh lawd, he could be the GOAT when it's all done

but seriously...these are things you really didn't see much out of him in the NBA (reduced to a spot up shooter most of the time). hopefully it's more due to him actually improving instead of shytty euroleague competition because he's one of my favorite young players in the league.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 11-03-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Anthony Parker in Euroleague
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 11-03-2011 at 08:30 PM.

I hope this means he will start kicking butt for Portland more consistently. Hopefully he doesn't just fall in love with international ball and want to leave the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Actually, AK47 is the greatest Euroleague SF of all time. And Batum only has so many turnovers because his teammates are too shit to catch his passes. Euroleague Scottie, more like Euroleague Larry Bird.

Batum is shooting 36% from the field in Euroleague and 30% from 3 point range. Yes, you are right, he is clearly the "Larry Bird of Euroleague".

Actually, you are an idiot.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-20-2012 at 05:27 PM.

owwwww

Batum wins Euroleague MVP honors for week 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsIvQUTaVkU

and he's ranked #2 on the performance index rating:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...gory=Valuation

are we looking at an MVP caliber season?
    Last edited by Fatal9; 11-03-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    As a Blazer fan, the turnovers don't surprise me. Ball handling is one of his biggest weaknesses, which is why he is not a primary ball handler in Portland. The rest of his stats are pretty nice though in Euroleague
    Really? Batum's shooting percentages:

36.4 FG%
    30.0 3 PT FG%

It's a bit better than Rubio's shooting numbers in Euroleague, but just barely. And Rubio is considered the worst shooter in Euroleague history.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Really? Batum's shooting percentages:

36.4 FG%
    30.0 3 PT FG%

It's a bit better than Rubio's shooting numbers in Euroleague, but just barely. And Rubio is considered the worst shooter in Euroleague history.

I'm not too worried about that. The important part is that he is being aggressive. That is the part I really hope translates when he comes back to the NBA.

[QUOTE=Deuce Bigalow]Anthony Parker in Euroleague

LOL MVP of Week 2. Sit down, Eurostan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    LOL MVP of Week 2. Sit down, Eurostan.

9 turnovers in the week 3 game:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...OH&gamecode=26

Just imagine.....at this rate, with all the bricks and turnovers, he will surely be the first ever to have a points, bricks, turnovers triple double in the history of the Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-03-2011 at 08:31 PM.