Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    It's ugly ass B.Walton

Default Re: Durant now or Wade in '09?

Wade easily, and I mean EASILY

Better playmaker, better ball handler, slightly worse as a scorer (only because you can't look at KD without him getting paraded to the FT line), much better defender, more clutch

How is this close? KD's claim to fame, efficient volume scoring, is only valid because the refs act like he's 170 lbs like Allen Iverson. Except one of the two actually did get pushed around and thrown to the ground...

Btw I 1-starred the thread, OP.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Wade's prime as short as it was easily top 10 of all time.

He was so dominant on both ends of the floor.I still dont get how did they manage to not give him 1st team defense.

He was the rim protector at 6'3-6'4 for that miami team.He was their best at everything.Without him they would be dead last in the league.

Durant is efficient scorer and good rebounder wade has been better at everything else even as a scorer wade was so devastating i remember against boston year after 2008-2009 season he single handedly won a game.It was so impressive.

Saw a basketball once

Easily Durant. In a heartbeat. Younger, better, faster, stronger, taller, and smarter.

Does no one remember that DWade had to put up 22 shots every game in order to get that 30ppg? 22 shots and a 37% usage rate? That's some carmelo anthony-level ball-stopping. He put up a worse offensive AND defensive rating than Durant, half the win shares of Durant, and of course, the dude can't buy a three-point shot, which might be the most important part of a scorer's game in the modern era.

And then the whole "defense" part of the game. DWade is easily one of the most overrated defenders, his only ability is to block shots and gamble on steals...whereas Durant is (quietly) a better shot-blocker and overall defender than Wade ever was, because he's a smarter defender than Wade. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSonics
    Perfect reflection of your intelligence.
    He's right though. I fukking hate his "humble" persona. The media love he got, especially last year, was embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    Easily Durant. In a heartbeat. Younger, better, faster, stronger, taller, and smarter.

Does no one remember that DWade had to put up 22 shots every game in order to get that 30ppg? 22 shots and a 37% usage rate? That's some carmelo anthony-level ball-stopping. He put up a worse offensive AND defensive rating than Durant, half the win shares of Durant, and of course, the dude can't buy a three-point shot, which might be the most important part of a scorer's game in the modern era.

And then the whole "defense" part of the game. DWade is easily one of the most overrated defenders, his only ability is to block shots and gamble on steals...whereas Durant is (quietly) a better shot-blocker and overall defender than Wade ever was, because he's a smarter defender than Wade. Case closed.
    Off and Def Rtg. LAWL.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I'd pick Wade in '09 over Durant now. I actually liked last season's KD.
    This season's Durant imo tries too much on offense like facilitating.

Having said that, the season/post-season ain't over yet. We'll see.

Saw a basketball once SeattleSonics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byobob
    I'd pick Wade in '09 over Durant now. I actually liked last season's KD.
    This season's Durant imo tries too much on offense like facilitating.

Having said that, the season/post-season ain't over yet. We'll see.
    So you're saying a KD, still the scoring leader so far this year (averaging MORE PPG than last year) but also averaging more assists and as many rebounds is a bad thing? Worst first post ever.
    Last edited by SeattleSonics; 04-07-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty

No. Just needed to have watched the games since the answer is obvious enough

Ill go with Durant.

Saw a basketball once SeattleSonics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Ill go with Durant.
    Your avy

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSonics
    So you're saying a KD, still the scoring leader so far this year but also averaging more assists and rebounds is a bad thing? Worst first post ever.

Nope. Sorry, I'm not just looking at the stats to fully determine a player's value.
    I watch OKC's game this season and compare it to last season's, I'd definitely say that KD is much better last season.

Of course his stats will be better this season compared to last because of the Harden trade.

The '11-'12 KD has a better killer instinct. You just know that it'd be a high percentage shot whenever KD launches it.

Ill go with Durant.
    Expected this from you. Proving once again why you're the biggest f@g on this board.

Ill go with Durant.
    care to explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Expected this from you. Proving once again why you're the biggest f@g on this board.
    His opinion on this subject is irrelevant since we know the fggt will go to the extent of blaming dwade for lebron's 2011 choke. Pauk is always pulling up statistics but he cant even acknowledge that lebron pulled off the biggest statistical failure when he delivered the biggest scoring dropoff in nba history