Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Deron "I'm a system player"

Bad statement by him, because a lot of people take it the wrong way. How I see it, he admits to having a hard time playing in a system in which he is to roam free and create for himself and the team. In Utah he played a lot of set plays and pick and rolls. Less decisionmaking and more structure. He prefers playing within a system, in which he isn't required to create of the dribble all the time, as he is now in NJ.

In the two years that Deron was being begged to stay by the Nets, it never once occured to him to say "Avery, i'd play better in a more structured offense" which the Nets would have 100% implemented right away to appease him?

Literally like a week and a half ago

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    Yes you do "use" Deron. In Utah we didn't simply just let Deron run the offense and create all the offense. He's great at doing that, but he's not Cp3 in that regard. What we did is we played him for significant stretches off the ball where he'd catch and shoot and get easy baskets going towards the Rim and get screens set for him. Also we'd take the ball out of Deron's hands and allow him to post up smaller guards and fully utalize his passing abilty out of the post. D-Will's the best point guard passer out of the post that I've seen since J-Kidd on New Jersey, but he doesn't only look to pass he also has the abilty to get easy buckets inside because of how big he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    He does do all of that you're mentioning. He plays off the ball, and he posts up a lot. There was a reason Sloan got fired/quit whatever really happened. You don't put a leash on Deron.

I'm sorry but with your recent threads I just find the post you made so much more commical

But BUT UTAH'S system limited D-Will, and that's why Jerry got fired !!!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=283086&page=5
    Last edited by Purch; 12-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    Literally like a week and a half ago

I'm sorry but with your recent threads I just find the post you made so much more commical

But BUT UTAH'S system limited D-Will, and that's why Jerry got fired !!!!!
    Good stuff. Guess you were right on point

NBA lottery pick

Lol at any dude admitting he is a system player. To even say you're a system player means there are players that aren't system players. He labeled himself a system player. Meaning he can't play without a good system suited for his style.

Things are getting really bad for the Nets.

Funny how he's the one who drove Sloan out of Utah. What a douche. Now he can be mediocre on a forever irrelevant team. Nets where a fraud from the start. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs

Local High School Star

Deron always looks overweight. Kinda of like he's on that pizza, cake, and beer diet.

Deron like Raymond Felton seem like the kind of players who always balence between that line of being big guards and out of shape.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    In the two years that Deron was being begged to stay by the Nets, it never once occured to him to say "Avery, i'd play better in a more structured offense" which the Nets would have 100% implemented right away to appease him?
    He's using the system as an excuse. If it was really the system you don't wait 2 years to say something. He's missing shots and sucking on defense. How is that the systems fault?

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Name a great player that didn't have a system around him that made him shine. People here use the word system as if it means a bad thing. Duncan had a great system around him. Jordan too. Nearly every player needs to have a great system in place for them to excel.
    was just going to post this, all players are essentially system players.. do most ISHtards think that the best players can somehow wing it all game and still average what their averaging?

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

He's not 100%

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    Deron always looks overweight. Kinda of like he's on that pizza, cake, and beer diet.

just his body type....kinda like melo,sir charles, cp3,etc

   

wow, one of the best sports writers on the east coast, dave d'allessandro, just ripped deron a new one in his own subtle style. dave's normally a very understanding sort, so this was a pretty strong statement for him:

Nets' Deron Williams resting on his laurels - and fat wallet

Published: Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 11:36 PM
    By Dave D'Alessandro/Star-Ledger Columnist

NEW YORK

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

has deron had surgery on his wrist yet?????......his shot not being the same since the injury is the problem....

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Avery is a horrible coach. The guy "led" the Mavs to the NBA finals, 67 wins the following season and was unemployed for almost three years afterwards. Dirk Nowitzki is the ultimate team player. You never hear him say a bad word about a teammate, coach or owner, but you could read between the lines that he wanted Avery gone. There are two reasons the Mavs didn