Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Most people have MJ as the GOAT with Kareem and Larry coming close..LeBron proving hes a potential top 5 or higher every passing day....But, who would you rather build your team around? For me, it would have to be Kareem because of the center postion having an all around larger impact on the game.

Would love to hear reasons why some of you would possibly even select Bird Over MJ, which I don't think would be the wrong decision. Can't go wrong with any top 10 player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aLu4oc2WeY GOHD DAUM

Saw a basketball once troyceps33's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Assuming I don't know how their careers are going to pan out, Kareem

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by troyceps33
    Assuming I don't know how their careers are going to pan out, Kareem
    And if you do?

Technically you wouldn't since you would be drafting them and making a team, thus any accomplishment they did make doesn't mean anything other than individual

Saw a basketball once troyceps33's Avatar

Probably still Kareem

Quote Originally Posted by troyceps33
    Probably still Kareem
    I feel like I'm on ****in Mt Everest right now , MY OPINION IS SHARED

Jabbar, no questions asked.

Banned

Kareem

Lebron
    Bird
    MJ

Based on who I would build my team around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Jabbar, no questions asked.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Bird or Kareem.

Both completely change the franchise that they were in their rookie year. Kareem took a 27 win team to a 56 win team. Bird took a 29 win team to a 61 win team. Bird had more success in a short time frame, but Kareem had more longevity.

You won't go wrong with either of those players, but it depends on the teammates surrounding them. I just think Bird and Kareem would offer the most success in their rookie year and continuing to do so through out their careers.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

If I don't know how they would play, Kareem and then LeBron. If I do, Bird and then Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Bird or Kareem.

Both completely change the franchise that they were in their rookie year. Kareem took a 27 win team to a 56 win team. Bird took a 29 win team to a 61 win team. Bird had more success in a short time frame, but Kareem had more longevity.

You won't go wrong with either of those players, but it depends on the teammates surrounding them. I just think Bird and Kareem would offer the most success in their rookie year and continuing to do so through out their careers.

Only a few players I know of off the top of my head that had that large of an impact on their team the first year

Thats.... a tough one...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Thats.... a tough one...
    Lol idk if you're being sarcastic or not but would love to hear your opinion if you can make up your mind

Known on here as a LeBron fan right? Guessing you'd choose him. Which I can respect LeBron is a ****ing monster. Need to see him play before he retires

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    If I don't know how they would play, Kareem and then LeBron. If I do, Bird and then Jordan.

If I don't know how they will pan out:

1. Kareem
    2. LeBron
    3. Bird
    4. MJ

If I do:
    EDIT: longevity taken into account.

1.a Kareem
    1.b Bird
    3. MJ
    4. LeBron

That's my final answer.
    Last edited by elementally morale; 03-24-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Thats.... a tough one...
    not really. once you scratch lebron and compare the others 3 achievements & longevity Kareems name instantly appears as the obvious choice