Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    raep tiem

Default Re: Mates, how do you suppose Kobe and Carmelo differ as talents?

Mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TMacMagic's Avatar

Mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate mate

BLOKE

Banned

come to think of it, dmavs used to say mate. wheres he been

Saw a basketball once LakersNeedShaq's Avatar

Old man Kobe going on his 17th season is better than Melo. Prime Kobe eats that scrub alive.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I don't think this guy realizes real british people don't say mate this much.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersNeedShaq
    Old man Kobe going on his 17th season is better than Melo. Prime Kobe eats that scrub alive.
    are you LakersNeedShaq from NBA General?

Saw a basketball once LakersNeedShaq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    are you LakersNeedShaq from NBA General?
    Ha you know it, dude. Thought I'd try this place out, but I'm not quitting ESPN yet, even though it has gone down the toilet lately.

On the topic of Kobe being a distributor first, we have to remember, Kobe proved that being a facilitator only made him and the Lakers worse. His role is neccesary for that single team's success. I remember right after Shaq left between like 05-07 (i think) Kobe sort of shifted his focus to trying to do it all instead of being a score-first type of guy, and what happened? Lakers struggled to make the playoffs and I think even missed them one year. Kobe's numbers looked worse too and he was getting killed by ESPN an haters. However, the talent on those Lakers teams was pretty lacking. Kobe can't do IT ALL. But i you get him a good complementary guy like Pau, and he can focus on scoring and defense, the Lakers are a contender. He's not great in the role of a facilitator though.

That being said, Kobe >>> Melo

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by LakersNeedShaq
    Ha you know it, dude. Thought I'd try this place out, but I'm not quitting ESPN yet, even though it has gone down the toilet lately.
    This one's already in the sewers midway to the dump...

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Melo's FG% is higher for his career. Better scorer.

Kobe has had better teams which carries him to titles, kobe chucks more bricks, ballhogs more and freezes out him teammates, overrated defender making undeserved all-defensive teams. His IQ is horrible, taking fadeaway 3 pointers instead of spoon feeding your bigs
    Give Melo the best help anybody has ever had and he'll pile up rings quicker than Kobe can rape.

It isn't really close. Melo is clearly the better player. Anybody who isn't a Kobetard will agree.

You could replace all instances of the string "Kobe" with "Jordan" in that post, and all of its points, including the post as a whole, would be just as true.
    Last edited by DatAsh; 08-08-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    On the topic of Kobe being a distributor first, we have to remember, Kobe proved that being a facilitator only made him and the Lakers worse. His role is neccesary for that single team's success. I remember right after Shaq left between like 05-07 (i think) Kobe sort of shifted his focus to trying to do it all instead of being a score-first type of guy, and what happened? Lakers struggled to make the playoffs and I think even missed them one year. Kobe's numbers looked worse too and he was getting killed by ESPN an haters. However, the talent on those Lakers teams was pretty lacking. Kobe can't do IT ALL. But i you get him a good complementary guy like Pau, and he can focus on scoring and defense, the Lakers are a contender. He's not great in the role of a facilitator though.

What are you talking about? They had smush parker and kwame brown and luke walton starting. How can that team do well? those 3 years you mentioned, 2 of them were his best statistical seasons hes ever had. Hes 5 assists guaranteed, and can make other players better. Melo has neither. Playmaking is not evne a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers

you also forgot that from 05-07 Kobe had scrubs who would score in their own baskets.