Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What's the best basketball related book you've read? I'll start.

For the Love of the game.....

Was like 6 years old, the big images were awesome, and was able to look at all of jordan's best plays. Childhood memories

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu

Was like 6 years old, the big images were awesome, and was able to look at all of jordan's best plays. Childhood memories
    Nice post. I thought it was an awesome looking book when I first got it. Another one I'd add is Rare Air. It had some large, rare photos. It gave me that behind the scenes feel.
    Last edited by AngelEyes; 01-06-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Serious playground baller kingBynum's Avatar

"How to play defence by Flopping" by Blake Griffin....

"Looking for the open man" by Kobe Bryant

Loose Balls by Terry Pluto about the ABA is another good one.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Simmons' Book of Basketball.

The Bible

Its a book that talks about kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
    "Can I Keep My Jersey?" by Paul Shirley
    lol this was actually a pretty good read

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu

I was lucky I picked up this book (hardcover version) at a second hand store.

Instead of paying $40 some for it, I got it for less than $10.

Jordan reminds me that my teen years were okay when I watched him and the bulls winning their rings.

There were many candid things he said and he never sugar coated anything. From his quarrell with Horace as teammates, his grudges against opponents, and his stint in baseball.

Wow, you're tall CelticsDraftee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Amazon review...

By
    keith van horn

Coming from someone who knows Jayson very well, this book is all he said it was going to be! I've heard these stories a thousand times....and each time they get better! I didn't think I would react the same way to the stories beacuse his delivery is so unique, but I was wrong. I laughed just as hard as I did when I heard them the first time. I did worry a bit because I knew I was going to be in the book, but I even had to laugh at myself. This book is a must-read for sports fans of all kinds!

http://www.amazon.com/Loose-Balls-Mo...5827941&sr=1-1

Man, that'd be awesome if it's really Keith

Where is he nowadays anyway?

Wow, you're tall CelticsDraftee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    When the Game Was Ours was really good. I really enjoyed the bit about when Magic and Bird were on the same team in college. It was an All-Star team that was assembled to play against European teams doing a tour of the states.
    This is my favorite basketball book too. I was just a kid when those guys were in their prime so I didn't get to experience much. The book is awesome and details a lot of things I never knew (and I consider myself a big Celtics fan).

My favorite part was the chapter on the dream team and how all the egos coexisted.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    The Bible

Its a book that talks about kobe.
    You mean when there were women raped repeatedly? That sick bastard killed and raped an entire town and then wanted more virgins, so he hid beside the road to kidnap and rape some more.

Yeah sounds like Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Amazon review...

By
    keith van horn

Coming from someone who knows Jayson very well, this book is all he said it was going to be! I've heard these stories a thousand times....and each time they get better! I didn't think I would react the same way to the stories beacuse his delivery is so unique, but I was wrong. I laughed just as hard as I did when I heard them the first time. I did worry a bit because I knew I was going to be in the book, but I even had to laugh at myself. This book is a must-read for sports fans of all kinds!

http://www.amazon.com/Loose-Balls-Mo...5827941&sr=1-1

Awesome! Can't wait to read the one about how he's a drunk show off, bullying the limo driver who's the only non-celebrity at the house, then shoots the guy and kills him!

It's so hilarious when he tries to make it look like a suicide, then tries to convince the cops that he didn't do it, but the laughs really start to roll when he fights the guys family in court over financial restitution for murdering their husband and father.

Do yourself one favor. If you're determined to read it, buy it used on eBay, Amazon, etc so that wretched waste of air doesn't make a penny.
    Last edited by JMT; 01-06-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Sacred hoops - Phil Jackson.

SPOILER ALERT!
    Pretty much consists of three steps: Don't be a homosexual, don't do heroin, and stay away from Magic Johnson. If you absolutely cannot refrain from getting ****ed in the ass or shooting up, have your partner wear a condom and don't share needles. If somehow you cannot effectively avoid Magic Johnson, do not engage in homosexually butt-****ing him/getting homosexually butt-****ed by him and NEVER share a needle with him. By far the best book by a former NBA player on the subject of AIDs avoidance.
    Last edited by fos; 01-06-2012 at 04:46 PM.