Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Apogee's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers are now 1-11 when Kobe scores 30 or more points

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You got issues bro
    I just really really hate bandwagon fans and hes a prime example of one.

12 30+ point games for Kobe

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    Obviously these threads are getting old and I despise the Lakers. But watching this game, it's painful to see who Kobe has to play with. It's awful. If he didn't score 30, all it would mean is they would just lose by more.
    Is this a gimmick account? As a Raptor fan there are just certain things that you just shouldn't say. I mean really?

Their fourth best player is better than anybody in your entire 19 year franchise history. I mean Kobe nearly beat your whole team himself. Are you hooked on painkillers and ran out? Wow.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 12-14-2012 at 12:13 AM.

this stat means nothing no one else can score

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Is this a gimmick account? As a Raptor fan there are just certain things that you just shouldn't say. I mean really?

Their fourth best player is better than anybody in your entire 19 year history. I mean Kobe nearly beat your whole team himself. Are you hooked on painkillers and ran out? Wow.
    I'm pretty sure prime Vince Carter is better than old Artest/Jamison.

Their fourth best player is better than anybody in your entire 19 year franchise history. I mean Kobe nearly beat your whole team himself. Are you hooked on painkillers and ran out? Wow.
    Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were better than old Pau Gasol (fourth best player), but Pau and Nash were not even in the game, so were talking about Artest or Jamison, being their fourth best player.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Scrub team.

Dude attempts to move the ball and Duhon and Meeks brick the wide open jumpers. He might as well shoot himself.

Howard gets denied too easily, they need to run some high pick and roll to ease him up.

looks like we will have 81 threads like this till the end of the season.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were better than old Pau Gasol (fourth best player), but Pau and Nash were not even in the game, so were talking about Artest or Jamison, being their fourth best player.
    Just don't think either could affect a finals like Gasol did. Gasol is just not featured now, but he was considered better than Bosh three years ago for sure. And would be much better on Miami than Bosh has ever been right now. Gasol plays better defense by far, passes way better, plays the pivot much better, can anchor the post on both sides of the ball, plays smarter and has a winning way about him.

Vince is not making the HOF. He might but Pau is in there.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

same situation as the season with Smuch and Kwame. Kobe scores a lot, they didn't make the playoffs and a bunch of people got traded

I hate Kobe but he didn't lose the game tonight.

Dwight is just awful lately. He has no lift. Must still be recovering from surgery.

Lakers are old and broken.

Very good NBA starter

About the 20th different thread bringing up the exact same stat. Must be some sort of record.

Saw a basketball once

I think this stat just kinda goes back to the problems with flow and ball movement that the Lakers are constantly having on offense. Kobe's going through his hero ball stretches sooner and sooner, and the result is that's more time where it's just 4 players standing around and doing nothing while Kobe isos.

That doesn't equate winning basketball. The fact that Kobe's able to make some of the insane shots that he takes to close the gap is a testamet to him as a player but you can only get so far when that's essentially your second-half offense. Defenses, in general, are too wise to let that one tactic single-handedly beat them these days.

Not having Pau for the last few games doesn't do LA any favors since at least tonight, I think Dwight touched the ball once on offense in the 4th (and it was by accident after a pass slipped through Eubanks' hands). I can only assume that means they're losing trust in him in the 4th since teams will just hack him. It really strains the offense and with the drop-off in talent after that, you're left with a bit of a trainwreck.

There is at least SOME validity to the stat, as much as people want to deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    12 30+ point games for Kobe
    9-14 record.

KevinLoveBe

Prime Vince Carter and Chris Bosh are easily better than current Nash and Gasol... and if were counting right now ? Yes, better than anybody not named Kobe and Howard and even between them I would debate it.