Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Jordan not winning yet at Lebron's age is not the same thing: STOP BRINGING IT UP

I keep hearing people say this whenever Lebron not winning a title yet comes up. Its not the same. Stop bringing it up.

1. Lebron was 26 at the end of last season, his 8th season. Jordan was 26 at the end of 1989, his 5th season. Lebron has 3 years more NBA experience and 3 more chances at the same age.
    2. Jordan had never choked and shrunk for an entire series the way Lebron has the past 2 seasons.
    3. Jordan's teams in his first 5 seasons never lost as the favorite nor were they as good as Lebron's teams in the past 3 seasons, ESPECIALLY last season.

Point is Lebron is NOT on Jordan's pace like people want to imply when they bring this up and he's already had monumental failures that Jordan's never had.
    Last edited by guy; 02-07-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: Jordan not winning yet at Lebron's age is not the same thing: STOP BRINGING IT UP

Nothing new here since REAL NBA fans already know this. Just hilarious watching the bandwagon Lebron fans try to draw lines to dots that aren't there, just to continue to prop him up. There's nothing remotely similar between them, and those who try to make any sort of comparison clearly know nothing of what they speak.

Default Re: Jordan not winning yet at Lebron's age is not the same thing: STOP BRINGING IT UP

Magic Johnson

Just goes to show you how difficult it is to win a championship, let alone two, three, four, etc. I think a lot of people thought LeBron would have a ring by now, even though history suggests a lot of great players never even get an opportunity to play for a championship.

I hate to bring up Kobe Bryant, but consider he's spent almost half of his career playing in the Finals. That is just an amazing accomplishment by itself.

Banned

no difference here

lebron had to wait for kobe, dirk, duncan to be past their primes to get a chance

jordan had to wait for Magic, Bird and isaih to be past their primes to get a chance

same thing. different era

both jordan and lebron are lame

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    no difference here

lebron had to wait for kobe, dirk, duncan to be past their primes to get a chance

jordan had to wait for Magic, Bird and isaih to be past their primes to get a chance

Better than "waiting" on the bench during a "weak era" before you can get a chance to Start, Amirite? You're becoming more and more bitter with age Griff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Better than "waiting" on the bench during a "weak era" before you can get a chance to Start, Amirite? You're becoming more and more bitter with age Griff.
    Don't forget this great moment against the "weak 90's defense".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws2yhBzJjis
    Godbe

no difference here

Kobe rode Shaq. If he was in on the Hornets...

he too had to wait for Duncan, Wade and Shaq to get a chance

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    lol if lebron came in the league behind 2 allstars at both positions he could have played... he would have rode the bench aswell

sometimes paying your dues comes in handy. it makes you work harder to improve your game. unlike those who get all the hype and all the shots handed to them from day one

16 years later kobes added dozens of moves to his game

9 years later lebrons added nothing to his game

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Kobe rode Shaq. If he was in on the Hornets...

he too had to wait for Duncan, Wade and Shaq to get a chance
    lmfao kobe sha*t all over prime duncan on the regular and won titles with 29ppg at the same time

then took his team to the finals 3 straight years at a time when wade and lebron were both prime and claimed another 2 titles

kobe gets it done against any prime legend of any era
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 02-07-2012 at 02:18 PM.

lol if lebron came in the league behind 2 allstars at both positions he could have played... he would have rode the bench aswell

sometimes paying your dues comes in handy. it makes you work harder to improve your game. unlike those who get all the hype and all the shots handed to them from day one

16 years later kobes added dozens of moves to his game

9 years later lebrons added nothing to his game
    Yep, Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel...legendary all-stars right there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Yep, Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel...legendary all-stars right there
    well not legendary. but allstars yea

no way an unproven rookie bumps an allstar to the bench

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Rookie Lebron was as good as or better than anyone on the 97 Lakers short of Shaq ever were. I doubt that is easily hidden. Kobe was raw. Lebron was never that. He was raw compared to what he is now. He wasnt just....a rookie finding his way.

Kobe wasnt starting because he wasnt very good. He was talented and great one on one. But he wasnt just....a really good player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Rookie Lebron was as good as or better than anyone on the 97 Lakers short of Shaq ever were. I doubt that is easily hidden. Kobe was raw. Lebron was never that. He was raw compared to what he is now. He wasnt just....a rookie finding his way.

Kobe wasnt starting because he wasnt very good. He was talented and great one on one. But he wasnt just....a really good player.
    scoring wise maybe. but your forgetting that eddie jones was a 2nd team all defender

and even if lebron was better. he would still be forced to come off the bench just out of respect for the other guy

you have to earn your spot. especially on a winning team with expectations. if the coach started lebron over jones and they lost. everyone would have blamed the coach and said "LA would have won if they started jones"

i'm not saying a rookie kobe is as good as a rookie lebron... lebron was clearly better because he had an nba ready body

fact is lebron would not have started on a contender with allstars infront of him

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And Eddie Jones put up 13/4 in 96. He was hardly some established star. Quite a few rookies could start in his place coming in.

3-time NBA All-Star

scoring wise maybe. but your forgetting that eddie jones was a 2nd team all defender

and even if lebron was better. he would still be forced to come off the bench just out of respect for the other guy

you have to earn your spot. especially on a winning team with expectations. if the coach started lebron over jones and they lost. everyone would have blamed the coach and said "LA would have won if they started jones"

i'm not saying a rookie kobe is as good as a rookie lebron... lebron was clearly better because he had an nba ready body

fact is lebron would not have started on a contender with allstars infront of him
    Rookie Lebron would've easily started over Eddie Jones. It wasn't a "respect" thing. Eddie Jones was just better then Kobe at that time.