Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad MJ23forever's Avatar

Default Re: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    We are a nation of gun lovers.
    Plain and simple.

I get it...guns are cool. Plenty of friends who have assault weapons and pistols and I love going to the gun ranges with them to fire them off. It's a hobby for many of them. And I have thought of owning a gun or two.

I also have two kids now....I'm a Dad.
    What happen last week is deeply disturbing if you are a parent.
    So because of the age group on these boards I think few can feel me.

I don't think rifles and even hand guns should be banned....but creating and enforcing stronger and efficient gun laws is needed.

It's not the only problem at hand with this mess....we have the mental issue side to handle....but it sends the right message. And really why do we need 30 round clips? Hunting????? Sports??? Zombie attacks?????
    And we must have strict strict laws to obtain and keep firearms.
    More so them ever right now.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by MJ23forever
    There is "car control", that's why you have to go through an extensive process to register your car and have to pass a driver's license test to drive it. Not to mention the inspection stickers, speed limits, drunk driving, seat belt, etc. Cars are far more regulated and controlled than guns.

And the argument is a stupid one anyway because a car is built for transportation while a gun is built for killing/hurting.

Check the income gap between their poorest and their richest.

Check their UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE including MENTAL HEALTH CARE.

Different situations calls for different solutions.

Guns are banned in UK and Japan and they have the lowest gun crime in the world.

Why do you need a car that goes faster than 30 mph?

You may want a car that goes faster but you don't need it, do you? I didn't think so.

This country has more guns than cars, and YET more people are killed by cars than guns in the USA each year. Cars are bigger threat to human safety and loss of life than guns are.

So even though cars aren't designed to kill (just like knives or baseball bats aren't), they do more things than that. We need to ban cars asap! But what do I know? After all if guns were banned, Nicole Brown Simpson would still be alive today, right?

Da Mavs

Why do you need a car that goes faster than 30 mph?

You may want a car that goes faster but you don't need it, do you? I didn't think so.

This country has more guns than cars, and YET more people are killed by cars than guns in the USA each year. Cars are bigger threat to human safety and loss of life than guns are.

So even though cars aren't designed to kill (just like knives or baseball bats aren't), they do more things than that. We need to ban cars asap! But what do I know? After all if guns were banned, Nicole Brown Simpson would still be alive today, right?
    You argument is completely flawed, you're comparing apples to watermelons and just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    You argument is completely flawed, you're comparing apples to watermelons and just trolling.
    Sorry, but facts are facts. It's not comparing apples to watermelons, it's more like comparing fuji apples to gala apples if anything. Anyway the point isn't comparing a car to a gun. It's comparing the effects of enacting a law to prevent people from being killed one way with those of another law enacted to prevent people from being killed another way.

Sorry, but facts are facts. It's not comparing apples to watermelons, it's more like comparing fuji apples to gala apples if anything. Anyway the point isn't comparing a car to a gun. It's comparing the effects of enacting a law to prevent people from being killed one way with those of another law enacted to prevent people from being killed another way.

Just ignore this moron and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

Just ignore this moron and move on.
    In other words "pretend he dosen't exist so we can continue to act as though our opinions are unrefuted fact".

In other words "pretend he dosen't exist so we can continue to act as though our opinions are unrefuted fact".
    Except that you never respond to any points we bring up, you just post the same old tired talking points we've heard for the last twenty years.

The very definition of a troll.

Any legislation to change gun laws will be a true test of the Obama administration. He's a lame duck, nothing to lose so there should be no problem with him throwing all his support behind new laws.

GUN CONTROLS AND RESULTS:

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were Rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5
    Million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a
    Total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves Were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million Political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981,
    100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one
    Million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded Up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century Because of gun control: 56 million.

The UK has had gun control for decades, so when are they gonna start rounding up Brits and executing them

BTW, all those countries were under authoritarian regimes BEFORE they enacted strict gun control...

I hope you also realize that under Saddam Hussein, Iraqi households had more guns per family than the US, still they couldn't do anything against that regime. Admit it, if a government with armored vehicles, tanks, helicopter, jets, chemical, biological and tactical nuclear weapons wants to **** with you, you have little chance with that 9mm Baretta you got.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Any legislation to change gun laws will be a true test of the Obama administration. He's a lame duck, nothing to lose so there should be no problem with him throwing all his support behind new laws.
    I'd rather he focus on legalizing drugs. He'd do more for gun violence that way, honestly.

The UK has had gun control for decades

If you ban guns, criminals still get guns. It's just you at the disadvantage.
    The UK banned guns and surprisingly gun crime is up almost double.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...89-decade.html

Son, if one of these dictators come into power again and you happen to live in such nation, you think your gun will do shit? You're heading to the concentration camp either way, boy Except it might be another option to off yourself before they get to you

I hope you also realize that under Saddam Hussein, Iraqi households had more guns per family than the US, still they couldn't do anything against that regime. Admit it, if a government with armored vehicles, tanks, helicopter, jets, chemical, biological and tactical nuclear weapons wants to **** with you, you have little chance with that 9mm Baretta you got.

Too bad all the revolutions in human history had equal odds and still worked. It's more complex then the entire military just wrecking the civilians sh*t.

Not to mention Iraq's army folded like a house of cards instead of bothering.

More guns per family
    [citation needed]

You're also implying there was no sectarian & ethnic conflicts in iraq think "divide and conquer" and also implying a large number of those gun-owning iraqi's were pro saddam.
    Last edited by MJ23forever; 12-18-2012 at 03:06 PM.