Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

You don't call Pryzbilla and LaFranchise at the 5 weak?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    Because they didn't need Michael Jordan because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, which is similar to what I'm saying. They already have LaMarcus Aldridge and their position of need is Small Foward, so they should select Kevin Durant. Ummm...yeah.

lol so youre saying that they should draft durant to follow in the footsteps of the worst pick in the history of the nba. i get it now. yeah.

NBA Superstar

As Soundwave said, Aldridge is a pf. The thread should have ended there. LakerRaider's stupidity doesn't deserve more attention.

You take the best player available at #1. You never pick based on need at #1.

Thanks for making me think it was a fact. You said "they will" as if it was official, not your opinion. By the way, Oden will get selected 1st.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

I think that Portland Trailblazers will select Kevin Durant with the number one pick in the Two Thousand And Seven National Basketball Association Draft.

The Portland Trailblazers don't really need Greg Oden as much as they need Kevin Durant. Yes, Martell Webster is good and Travis Outlaw, if they extend a qualifying offer to him, is decent, but placing Kevin Durant in that Portland Trailblazers lineup would be lethal.

PG - Jarret Jack

SG - Brandon Roy

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Zach Randolph

CT - LaMarcus Aldridge

Most people are predicting that Greg Oden will be picked, but if Greg Oden is picked, people will be shaking their heads "Why did the Portland Trailblazers select Greg Oden when they already have LaMarcus Aldridge???" It's crazy.

It's like the time when the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. The reason why the Portland Trailblazers selected Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan is because the Portland Trailblazers already had Clyde Drexler, so it would've been redundant to sign Michael Jordan.

The Portland Trailblazers will probably select Kevin Durant.
    because Aldridge is a natural PF, not a center.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by knicks15
    lol so youre saying that they should draft durant to follow in the footsteps of the worst pick in the history of the nba. i get it now. yeah.

You're misunderstanding. Read my post again, then post again. Everything will be clear to you.

Local High School Star

You're misunderstanding. Read my post again, then post again. Everything will be clear to you.

well it still doesnt make sense to me. the bowie mistake would lead to them selecting oden if anything

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by knicks15
    well it still doesnt make sense to me. the bowie mistake would lead to them selecting oden if anything

I respectfully disagree with you sir. The Sam Bowie mistake would make them think twice and have them select Kevin Durant.

So your comparing LaMarcus Aldridge with Clyde Drexler?

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Portland should of hired a psychic to know they were going to draw no 1 pick, so they could of traded randolph for shard:

Oden ....... Wilcox
    Aldridge ........ Randolph
    Shard ........ Durant
    Roy .......... Ray
    Jack ........ Ridnour

Both those teams would be sweet as.... ha

Local High School Star

I respectfully disagree with you sir. The Sam Bowie mistake would make them think twice and have them select Kevin Durant.

the blazers didnt select the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE(jordan) and instead went with NEED(bowie). youre saying they shouldnt take the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE again this year(oden) and should instead draft for their NEED for a sf(durant). so basically they would be doing the same thing they did when they made the worst pick ever.

High School Varsity 6th Man GoldNugg21's Avatar

I'm sorry, but... you're dumb.

The Blazers had Drexler, so they didn't want to draft Jordan, the better player. Instead, they took Bowie. I'm sure we can all agree that's NOT what they want to do again.

Now the Blazers have Aldridge, so if they act exactly like they did, they won't draft Oden (Jordan), who plays a position they aren't in need of, and will instead draft Durant (Bowie).

Well, apparently the Trailblazers are conflicted on who they should draft. People in the front office are having this same debate.

I think when it's all said it done, they'll draft Oden. You just can't pass on a franchise changing center. They don't come often. They'll come to realize this.

The Spurs should have taken Chauncey Billups in 98... they already had a Center in David Robinson, God forbid they draft Tim Duncan and put him at PF.

Common-sense Cavs Fan

Outlaw started to come out a bit and play much better towards the end of the season, and Udoka is a solid player, and they have D Miles on the team for a few years, he was just hurt, Udoka and Outlaw are FA's, but both should be cheap if they decide 2 sign 1, they would still be fine at the SF position ,you don't need a great player at every position on the floor, they have 2 solid PGs, even though I think they get rid of Jack. They have a very good SG in Roy, they have Randolph and Aldridge. They are actually fine as they are, and in this case they draft the best player.

Oden, you build around big men, they could find a Durant type player this year or next year or the year after that, Big men like this come once every so many years.

draft Oden, everyone knows that should be the pick, except for a small few, who must not have much BBall knowledge.