Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Euro-basketball,nba freezone thread.

[QUOTE=berraco]I agree with you about the coach. Bar

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    messina,scariolo,pepu hernandez or even piaganini from Siena.Plus I also think they have blown it on the PG position.they were trying to replace Lakovic because he had such a poor end to the season.When they said McIntyre,fine as he is class,but then bringing Barret some american nobody with no experience in europe and a few 10 day contracts in the NBA,come on Lakovic is far better.Creus who was a great point Guard should know this!
    I would give Creus the benefit of the doubt. He has a lot of knowledge and if he selected Barret he probably had a good reason for it. Obviously, on the paper it doesn't look good, but I thought the same about Mallet in DKV and look how good the guy has been playing. A different thing is if Pascual will be able to make the guy look good or not.

Zalgiris Kaunas just beat CSKA Moscow 83-81. Not a good preseason for CSKA so far with a loss to Montepaschi Siena as well. Leading scorers for Zalgiris were Maciulis (18), Jankunas (18), Brown (15), and Loren Woods with (14 and 8 rebounds). CSKA was lead by Morris (15, 5 assists, 5 rebounds), Langdon (12), and Khryapa (12).

Panathinaikos also beat Maccabi Tel Aviv 100-96. Leading scorers for the winners were Spanoulis (19), Perperoglou (16), and Diamantidis (15). Leading scorers for Maccabi were Arroyo (21 and 7 assists), Fisher (20), and Williams (13).
    Last edited by Grinder; 09-22-2008 at 02:22 PM.

In other news, Brandon Jennings has dropped 20 and 17 respectively in his first two games for Roma.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Zalgiris Kaunas just beat CSKA Moscow 83-81. Not a good preseason for CSKA so far with a loss to Montepaschi Siena as well. Leading scorers for Zalgiris were Maciulis (18), Jankunas (18), Brown (15), and Loren Woods with (14 and 8 rebounds). CSKA was lead by Morris (15, 5 assists, 5 rebounds), Langdon (12), and Khryapa (12).

Panathinaikos also beat Maccabi Tel Aviv 100-96. Leading scorers for the winners were Spanoulis (19), Perperoglou (16), and Diamantidis (15). Leading scorers for Maccabi were Arroyo (21 and 7 assists), Fisher (20), and Williams (13).
    Are Siskauskas or Smodiz playing for CSKA? I'm surprised Khryapa was the third scorer there.

Neither played today, I think Siskauskas has some Achilles problem and Smodis didn't play for whatever reason.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

The preseason is good for rookies but for the veterans it's meaningless

CSKA leads Maccabi 51-42 with 6:30 left in the third. CSKA has started the third quarter ona 14-0 run. Trajon Langdon leads all scorers with 15 and Rodney White leads Maccabi with 10.

CSKA destroys Maccabi 76-59, outscoring them 39-17 in the second half. Lorbek led all scorers with 22 and Langdon had 15.

It's preseason and it isn't a big deal, we knew CSKA was a better team than maccabi, maccabi is retooling and Carlos Arroyo wasn't good enough to carry maccabi. Maccabi won't panic until they lose a domestic game. I wouldn't of kept Derek Sharp (too old) or Tal Burstein (always hurt) but maccabi still has good players and they can go far. It's going to help Casspi and Eliyahu rotation but that will be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    It's preseason and it isn't a big deal, we knew CSKA was a better team than maccabi, maccabi is retooling and Carlos Arroyo wasn't good enough to carry maccabi. Maccabi won't panic until they lose a domestic game. I wouldn't of kept Derek Sharp (too old) or Tal Burstein (always hurt) but maccabi still has good players and they can go far. It's going to help Casspi and Eliyahu rotation but that will be a good thing.
    D'or Fisher on Maccabi is solid as well. Maccabi will lose a domestic game this season, it doesn't really matter since they're berth in EL is always there anyway. Joke a league really, the domestic championship means nothing if there's no promotion for the winner.

Zalgiris wins the tournament with a 80-69 win over Panathinaikos, Jankunas and Varda had 15 each for Zalgiris and Batiste led PAO with 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    D'or Fisher on Maccabi is solid as well. Maccabi will lose a domestic game this season, it doesn't really matter since they're berth in EL is always there anyway. Joke a league really, the domestic championship means nothing if there's no promotion for the winner.

Zalgiris wins the tournament with a 80-69 win over Panathinaikos, Jankunas and Varda had 15 each for Zalgiris and Batiste led PAO with 12.
    The euroleague has made a commitment for an additional israel team in the near future

Panathinaikos defeated Maccabi once again 80-79 in the Slovenian tournament.

Leading scorers:
    PAO: Spanoulis (15), Batiste (12), Nicholas (10)
    Maccabi: Arroyo (18), Casspi (12), Burnstein, White, and Batista with 11.

Maccabi's season won't start until they lose a domestic game and it will happen the league has improved again

Some other results:

Maroussi d. Dyanmo Moscow 89-85
    Maroussi - Pat Calathes (17), Mavroeidis (13), Keys (11)
    Dynamo - Jannero Pargo (31), Nachbar (15), Hansen (11)

Fenerbahce d. Union Olimpija 74-57
    Fenerbahce - Gordon Giricek (15), Savas, Demir (10)
    Olimpija - Marko Milic (18), Hukic (14) Rudez (12)

Fenerbahce d. Maccabi 85-67
    Fenerbahce - Smith (19), Preldic (12), Basak (12)
    Maccabi - Jason Williams (16), Simmons (12), Eliyah (9)

Rome beat Red Star 86-64
    Brandon Jennings had 20, Allan Ray with 15, and Andre Huston with 17