Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Cavs likely signing Leon Powe

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Wow... I guess winning a title has made you a giant d0uche of a fan. You are really calling me 'kid'? My 'lover boy'?

I'm not sure what your problem is or why you feel the need to denigrate me or the Cavs moves this offseason (clearly an upgraded team), but I will now cease responding to you and/or discussing basketball with you.

Have fun cheering on the Lakers this year. They are -- without a doubt -- the favorite to win another title and defend their championship. Good luck with that.

See ya.
    Lol I love Cleveland fans, my friend is one too, all you gotta do is take a jab at their city a bit and they can't say **** back cause they never won jack ****

It's all gd tho, im juss fckin with ya

Very good NBA starter

Got it... Which is why I mentioned them along with the Spurs as having the best offseason in the league.
    you mentioned it as if to say they got worse.. the whole way you used the "fact" thing insinuated that. whether or not it was done purposely, i dont know. but it was a very misleading statement.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Anthony Parker is just a good shooter, he's the defintion of average. Moon is a good dunker, sucks on defense.

Shaq is 38, no PHX medical staff either, you're getting late Miami Shaq.

Powe won't even be ready for half the season and then the other half he'll have to get his rhythm back and get into shape. Won't be much of anything in playoffs. Following year no one knows if your lover boy is coming back either.

Pavlovic/Wallace combined = Ariza last season.

P+W: 8 PPG 7 RPG
    Ariza: 9 PPG 4 RPG

Oh and before you bring up that Ariza's defense was this and that, Artest is a much better overall defender, yes even now kid.

Lakers best 5: Kobe, Pau, Ron, Odom, Bynum

Cavs best 5: LBJ, Shaq, Mo, West, Z

Garbage city did all that and LA is still better on paper and still more versatile and talented and battle tested.

Oh and we don't have to go through Boston or Orlando (more stacked than Cleveland)

What are you talking about?

Shaq has his own medical trainer.

At the age of 37-38 yrs.old the Diesel is still an elite Center in the NBA.

Anthony Parker averaged 11 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 3.4 apg in the 2008-09 NBA Season.

Leon Powe is only 25 yrs.old. I think he can recover from his Injury.

Jamario Moon is a solid role player, and a very good Free Throw Shooter.

Love to see LeBron throw some crazy Alley Oop pass to Super Jamario.

Danny Green won an NCAA Championship with the North Carolina Tarheels, and he's also a very good 3 points shooter, decent defender.

Green >>>> Pavlovic.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    you mentioned it as if to say they got worse.. the whole way you used the "fact" thing insinuated that. whether or not it was done purposely, i dont know. but it was a very misleading statement.
    I said that the Cavs were in the conversation as having the best offseason because of acquisitions that were made to clearly improve the roster without losing anyone significant.

I mentioned the Spurs and Lakers, because I think those are the other teams that have had an excellent offseason. I contrasted the Cavs' offseason with those two by saying that, even though we didn't get the big names that the Lakers or Spurs have, the FO was able to make significant improvements to the roster without losing anyone of any major importance.

It was not a shot at the Lakers' moves or what they have done this offseason. I simply used them as an example of another team that has had an excellent offseason and noted the differences between the teams' respective moves.

The Lakers are the undeniable favorites to win the title. I'm not sure why their fans are being so touchy.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 08-11-2009 at 04:58 AM.

Very good NBA starter

The Lakers are the undeniable favorites to win the title. I'm not sure why their fans are being so touchy.
    i didnt see any lakers fans in this thread being touchy?

Acquiring Shaquille O'Neal is already a Steal for the Cavaliers. And his contract also expires next year.

Current Shaq (18 ppg on 60 FG%, 8 rpg)>>>>>> Past his Prime Ben Wallace

Shaq, Parker, Powe, Green and Moon are already an upgrade to the Cavaliers Roster last year.

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    i didnt see any lakers fans in this thread being touchy?
    Being called a 'kid' and being mocked for liking this move simply because I casually brought up the Lakers in the conversation (in a positive light, no less) is what I would consider 'touchy.'

I wasn't necessarily talking about you, in particular, although I do think you read too much into my post than what was intended.

the FO was able to make significant improvements to the roster without losing anyone of any major importance.
    Well, John Kuester is in Detroit now. That was out of our control but we did lose him and it will hurt us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Well, John Kuester is in Detroit now. That was out of our control but we did lose him and it will hurt us.
    True. I was talking strictly about player personnel, though.

Kuester will be difficult to replace... No doubt.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Cavs > Lakers

Period.

all you want but Cleeveland still had a better record than them last year without all these moves. Expect the same to happen this year. In the playoffs it will be tough, but I'm willing to put my bank on them coming out the East.

And oh yeah, @ Laker Fan in this thread.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    A bench player that averages 8/5 is an "absolutely giant steal"?

Losing a 'major' contributor but replacing him with an even better one doesn't involve any "buts". Kinda like, "Oh look booho we lost Nene but hey we just signed Dwight Howard!!!"
    Not looking at the stats but looking at getting this player at this point is a steal.
    Getting Leon Powe as your 4th solid acquisition in the summer is a steal.
    Getting Leon Powe to fill really your only need on the team for the league minimum is a steal.
    Adding Leon Powe to this roster is a steal.

Sounds like a steal. Welcome to Cleveland, Leon.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    Not looking at the stats but looking at getting this player at this point is a steal.
    Getting Leon Powe as your 4th solid acquisition in the summer is a steal.
    Getting Leon Powe to fill really your only need on the team for the league minimum is a steal.
    Adding Leon Powe to this roster is a steal.

If he comes back playing the way he was before? Absolutely. Dude adds toughness and even more depth to that roster. Cleveland is going to be a fun team to watch as well....You almost hate them for how much success that they're going to have.

There is a reason the Celtics didn't make him a qualifying offer and just let him go..he has serious reoccurring knee problems since his Cal days.He also fell outta Doc's rotation when healthy during a stretch of the season because he was late on defensive rotations and looked lost at times..great rebounder for his size and can finish when fouled very nicely around the rim,but the Cavs fans will come to know sooner or later that he is a awesome person off the court..one of the nicest people to come through the Celtics locker room in years if healthy I like him as a bench player especially at the vets minimum.
    Last edited by TruthKGRay3412; 08-11-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    He also fell outta Doc's rotation when healthy during a stretch of the season because he was late on defensive rotations
    You sure about that ? Every time I watched him he was always drawing charges like it was nothing